Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

15 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Love seeing Fields use his legs he needs to do that more often. 

Baby Lamar go grrrr...

For real, after watching us play him and what he's doing to the Pats, if someone anyone can jus help him be a competent passer, he'll be in the league for a while. Not promising pro bowls or anything, but certainly longer career then Griffin, Vince Young, other runners that couldn't figure out how to pass decently enough to stay in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Pats are actually dog doo doo. They're gonna finish last in the division.

Pats, Steelers, Colts, and Packers all about to be in QB Hell after years of their QBs terrorizing the NFL and having no plan to replace them.  Model franchises, all of them.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pats, Steelers, Colts, and Packers all about to be in QB Hell after years of their QBs terrorizing the NFL and having no plan to replace them.  Model franchises, all of them.

Patriots, i disagree with. They drafted Mac Jones, who had a decent 1st year. His injury this year mixed with a bit of a sophomore slump I’d say is playing a part in the patriots not being too good

the rest of what you said, pretty accurate 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Patriots, i disagree with. They drafted Mac Jones, who had a decent 1st year. His injury this year mixed with a bit of a sophomore slump I’d say is playing a part in the patriots not being too good

Jones's ceiling isn't very high. He'll be like the 15th best QB in the league at his absolute best.

• Like 1

This Death of a Dynasty is finger lickin good...

cartman.gif.bb50a9cf304701eed34799298f4cfb8d.gif

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

the rest of what you said, pretty accurate 

I hear yea, why did they bench Jones?  BB has no chill, and it's a near cardinal sin to bench a young QB after you've made clear you are developing them (unless the plan is to move on, see Haskins).  I mean, they won't 6 super bowls and Mac Jones as Bradys replacement was the best they could come up with?

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Bill has thrown in the towel at this point. 

He really should retire, there's jus too many of those young pro bowl caliber QBs in the AFC now, his division has caught up to him finally, his first round replacement for Brady is turning into a bust right before our eyes.

Dude masterminded the perfect storm with the GOAT QB on contracts that were below market value, thats nearly impossible to happen in the first place, let alone replicate.

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I would say that the Packers at least tried to initiate a replacement plan for Rodgers when they drafted Jordan Love. They didn’t know at the time that he would be a big disappointment. If he had panned out, they’d have moved on from Aaron by now, probably for a hefty price too. 

2 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

I would say that the Packers at least tried to initiate a replacement plan for Rodgers when they drafted Jordan Love. They didn’t know at the time that he would be a big disappointment. If he had panned out, they’d have moved on from Aaron by now, probably for a hefty price too. 

Maybe you right and I'm being too harsh.  

The only team I mentioned that doesn't have a 1st round QB replacement they drafted themselves to replace their star QB right now is the Colts (one before they left, two after).

I'm jus so used to going off on my team for having such poor plans with little to no results, or a plan not everyone agrees with on top of it that might as well look like no plan at all (and case can be made that's what happened to all four teams mentioned specific to replacing their HOF QB).

But those four franchises got so much credit for being the standard for NFL franchises when I was growing up, but their holes have all come home to roast without their HOF QB to help hide them.  Hell, for the Packers, Rodgers is still there and it's pretty clear they aren't ready at all for if he retired right now to still stay competitive. 

Packers did draft Love, but he's a bust because the Packers don't draft as well as many would give them credit for.  The Patriots have also gotten worse at this overall over the years, can argue so have the Steelers and the Colts were questionable given they could almost never put a good defense with Peyton when they had him.  I remember the Colts notoriously having such weak QB depth because Manning was such a dominant presence that the second he went down the backup was utterly useless, let alone not having a clear heir apparent. 

The Farve to Rodgers transfer in hindsight not only seems rare, maybe it's unrealistic. How often does something like Montana to Young happen in NFL history? It's really hard to argue my Commies are any better drafting then those four over all the last 10-20 years, draft is a crap shoot no matter how much homework someone does.

But still, the only one of the 4 I mentioned that had a first round QB on the roster, drafted and ready to take over after playing behind a HOFer, HOFer themselves or not, is the Packers (and again, Love fn sucks).  You'd think that's exactly where you want to put a 1st round QB, model franchise behind a HOF QB to learn from.  For none of them to pull that off successfully, man, does it matter what their plan was?  It's borderline discouraging in regards to hope for my own team (or maybe clarifies jus how hard getting QB right is even for supposedly good franchises).

Maybe this is just the reality check for everyone how good or bad each franchise really is when they don't have a QB (always look better then you are when you have one, worse then you are when you don't).  Because if having a Franchise QB is a starting point defintion of a good franchise (which I don't believe anymore), what does that say about the 4 teams I mentioned?  Hard to argue with the results when they had their QBs in their heyday hard to deny their "current results" today.

Edited by Renegade7

Brady throwing in less than a second after the snap is insane at his age. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is DJax active tonight? Or has he been on practice squad since signing with the ravens?

He is not active. Too soon to learn the offense in a week. I would think he would be ready by next week though. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Why did I pick the Ravens?

Because you looked at their record and not who would be more hungrier lol

38 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yet another TNF game of “who can suck less than the other”. Lol 

It is the perfect game for me. In the background while I watch 24. :)