Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig also thinks Jamin Davis has looked better.  Wentz has looked better than Fitz did last year in camp.  His feeling though on the aggregate is they look like a 7-9 win team. 

That's not new for Standig. 

Michael Phillips (who I REALLY like) was on Standig's podcast said that his expectation is 9 wins as the floor.  He gave 2 reasons:  1. significant upgrade at QB, 2. not facing the murderer's row of QBs.  He said, "I give them a point for each of those, and anything less than 9 wins is a huge disappointment.  He hinted that he expected 10 wins.  

I'm still bullish that 10-11 wins is where they will be, and they will be competing with the Eagles for the division and a playoff spot.  I am not as high on the Eagles as the entire national media because I don't trust their QB.  And I'm not sure how good their defense really is, they had the same scenario play out last year as we did in 2020, they feasted off of awful QBs 

To finish their season when they went 6-2 (with a meaningless loss to Dallas in the last game) they faced:

- Denver (Teddy)

- Saints (Simien)

- Giants (which they lost somehow, but played Daniel Jones)

- Washington Football Team (Gilbert, this was the COVID game)

- Giants again (M. Glennon, and they won this one)

- Us again (Taylor Heinicke)

- Dallas (which they lost a meaningless game)

That's not exactly a murderer's row of QBs.

When they played good QBs early in the season, they kindof got smoked:  

Dallas, KC, Tampa Las Vegas and San Diego all beat them, and all put up at least 24 points, with Dallas and KC both putting up 40+ and Tampa putting up 30+.

And minus the big trade for AJ Brown, the Eagles beat reporter said they are essentially running the entire offense back.  

So, what does that all mean?  Not sure.  But as my good buddy Dennis Green said, "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass."  But I think it's a bit premature.  

I think Dallas is going to miss the playoffs.  They are not as good as they were last year, and they got the first place row of QBs this year:

They have, in addition to all the "same" QBs the whole division plays

Tampa (Brady)

Cincy (Burrow)

Rams (Stafford)

We'll know early how good Dallas is, they open with vs. Tampa, vs. Cincy, @NYG, vs. Commanders.  @Rams, @Philly.  They could EASILY have a losing record through 6 games, and then all hell is going to break out in Jerry Land.  I think the only 2 games they will be favored in will be the Giants and us.  MAYBE Philly.  But the world loves Philly and it's in Philly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Michael Phillips (who I REALLY like) was on Standig's podcast said that his expectation is 9 wins as the floor.  He gave 2 reasons:  1. significant upgrade at QB, 2. not facing the murderer's row of QBs.  He said, "I give them a point for each of those, and anything less than 9 wins is a huge disappointment.  He hinted that he expected 10 wins.  

I'm still bullish that 10-11 wins is where they will be, and they will be competing with the Eagles for the division and a playoff spot.  I am not as high on the Eagles as the entire national media because I don't trust their QB.  And I'm not sure how good their defense really is, they had the same scenario play out last year as we did in 2020, they feasted off of awful QBs 

To finish their season when they went 6-2 (with a meaningless loss to Dallas in the last game) they faced:

- Denver (Teddy)

- Saints (Simien)

Dallas, KC, Tampa Las Vegas and San Diego all beat them, and all put up at least 24 points, with Dallas and KC both putting up 40+ and Tampa putting up 30+.

And minus the big trade for AJ Brown, the Eagles beat reporter said they are essentially running the entire offense back.  

So, what does that all mean?  Not sure.  But as my good buddy Dennis Green said, "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass."  But I think it's a bit premature.  

I think Dallas is going to miss the playoffs.  They are not as good as they were last year, and they got the first place row of QBs this year:

Tampa (Brady)

Cincy (Burrow)

Rams (Stafford)

We'll know early how good Dallas is, they open with vs. Tampa, vs. Cincy, @NYG, vs. Commanders.  @Rams, @Philly.  They could EASILY have a losing record through 6 games, and then all hell is going to break out in Jerry Land.  I think the only 2 games they will be favored in will be the Giants and us.  MAYBE Philly.  But the world loves Philly and it's in Philly.

I thought we beat Tampa and Vegas

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He said the exact same thing in the exact same way on Keim's podcast yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Somebody explain this to me like I'm 5 years old.

I have asked a lawyer to explain, because I don't know.

However, I think it's safe to say if they had enough to prosecute, they would have prosecuted.  They don't, at least not yet.  Not sure if this closes the investigation or not.  Will need to get an answer from a lawyer on that.  

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

- Denver (Teddy)

- Saints (Simien)

Tampa (Brady)

Cincy (Burrow)

Rams (Stafford)

I’m actually hoping Dallas makes the paloffs this season. They need and deserve to see more of Mike McCarthy. Even worse, if he’s fired, I’m pretty sure Payton will replace him. The last thing we need is competent coaching over there. 

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So queue the media at large, but specifically Thom Lovero, Sheehan and the Audacy mafia, doing stories on how the culture hasn't changed.  

That seems to be the go to "kick to the organization's groin" they seem to be going after these days so I expect a whole bunch of shots today.  

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So queue the media at large, but specifically Thom Lovero, Sheehan and the Audacy mafia, doing stories on how the culture hasn't changed.  

That seems to be the go to "kick to the organization's groin" they seem to be going after these days so I expect a whole bunch of shots today.  

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  Some of the beat guys think he has a shot to start the season or if not play early, so don't know if he goes on Pup. 

I get that but I would prefer to have Logan sit for a bit. It usually takes a player a full year (didn’t he get injured in December) before they’re comfortable from an ACL injury and he has had zero playing time with Wentz. With the team being careful with Cole Turner I can see him starting the season. 

31 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I get that but I would prefer to have Logan sit for a bit. It usually takes a player a full year (didn’t he get injured in December) before they’re comfortable from an ACL injury and he has had zero playing time with Wentz. With the team being careful with Cole Turner I can see him starting the season. 

Thomas went down pretty early I think. Maybe midseason.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am not as high on the Eagles as the entire national media because I don't trust their QB.  And I'm not sure how good their defense really is, they had the same scenario play out last year as we did in 2020, they feasted off of awful QBs 

FWIW from the Inquirer in January '22 - The Eagles are the only team in the projected playoff field that has yet to beat a team with a winning record. In fact, each of the other 13 teams have at least two victories over teams who have a winning percentage over . 500

• Like 1