Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

He's an Extremeskins guy?

Yeah, posted that in the we are now thread a couple weeks back. Hes doing art in the stadium too. Very active ESer.

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

MrShadow whatever is, but he just posted that from a guy he met in the twittersphere I believe.

Agreed, just surprised me a bit that we lost a backer and signed a db (rather than another backer).  Still time to add one of course.

Just a place holder.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're gonna regret not resigning Sweat to a long term deal when he'd be a lot cheaper. He's gonna break out and we're gonna have to pay him after a potentially ~15 sack season.

I don’t see any reason Sweat would have agreed to an extension this offseason though, right?  At least if I were his agent, I’d have told Sweat that his stock was at it’s lowest after last year and he had 2 years to improve it before getting a new deal/extension.  With that said, given how his camp is going (including adding rush moves), and that the seemingly improved secondary should help his production quite a bit, might be smart for the team to check in w/ his agent…

I believe the name started with Mrshadow....  I was going to message him that he might consider changing it to MrShadow... (capital S) because, at least to one person here (me), I just naturally read the name as "Mrs hadow".  

Anyways, glad to hear some good news from camp and if Jamin Davis doesn't pan out (too early to know at this point), some smart team will trade us a mid-round pick for him b/c you know what happens with guys we give up on.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, posted that in the we are now thread a couple weeks back. Hes doing art in the stadium too. Very active ESer.

Just a place holder.

Oh, I get that.  It’s just

1) signs pointed to us needing to add a backer, then one of our got injured… so why sign a db over a lb?

2) reports have been positive for Fuller, Jackson, St Juste, Holmes and Elder (as well as most of the safeties), and we have DJ, so why sign a camp fodder, been around the league type? 

To answer my own question, we probably cut a db when/if we sign a linebacker, and perhaps Bausby can challenge for ST.  And to your point, who cares about the 18th db (or whatever).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think we will put White on IR and Bausby is just fodder that's already around. 

That's mr shadows something something I think. I forget his exact screen name. I always this marshmallows but I know that's not it.

That isn't mine. But yes i do know the guy. And I do have the file to print it but not trying to steal his thunder lol.  I have a similar file that I'm going to work on once I deliver all my stuff to the stadium tomorrow. the one I'm going to try to print is exactly like that except one side looks like the new W and the other looks like the Script R. I've got about 20 prints I'm delivering to the stadium tomorrow. After I hit up training camp of course since they opened up more days. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

That isn't mine. But yes i do know the guy. And I do have the file to print it but not trying to steal his thunder lol.  I have a similar file that I'm going to work on once I deliver all my stuff to the stadium tomorrow. the one I'm going to try to print is exactly like that except one side looks like the new W and the other looks like the Script R. I've got about 20 prints I'm delivering to the stadium tomorrow. After I hit up training camp of course since they opened up more days. 

Big @Dan T. here ya go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Acre said:

I believe the name started with Mrshadow....  I was going to message him that he might consider changing it to MrShadow... (capital S) because, at least to one person here (me), I just naturally read the name as "Mrs hadow".  

Anyways, glad to hear some good news from camp and if Jamin Davis doesn't pan out (too early to know at this point), some smart team will trade us a mid-round pick for him b/c you know what happens with guys we give up on.

I'd always read it as Mrs. Hadow as well, for whatever that's worth lol

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:54 AM, SkinsGuy said:

I seriously doubt Rivera would be covering for Samuels if he were loafing and didn't care.

It's a silly conclusion to jump to when there has been no proof of it and no talk of it in his career.

You can be skeptical. That's your right. But I prefer to be optimistic and see what happens.

Just not a fan of his. Not a fan of bringing in other teams guys to fix our problems, especially on big money deals. 

I liked the signing of JDM, Thomas, Leno and heck even McCain (but I wanted Reaves to get a shot to play that position) because they were basically signed to compete. It's like we signed Samuel and annointed him as all this talent without him doing anything. Paul Robertson was another example of this. Fans hype up draft picks, especially late round WRs who never do anything, but I'm putting Samuel in that category. Heck Mline, Harmon and Sims are better Skins WRs than Samuel. I wish we would just develop them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We're gonna regret not resigning Sweat to a long term deal when he'd be a lot cheaper. He's gonna break out and we're gonna have to pay him after a potentially ~15 sack season.

Good problem to have honestly 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 9:25 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

think there is a lot of Ashburn Syndrome about Cam Sims and Harmon.  

Samuel was a by-far better prospect than either of them.  And at the time, he didn't have an injury history.  

And, it really wasn't that much money.  He got a good, but not crazy money contract.

They couldn't go into 2021 with the same group they had (and didn't do well) in 2020.  They needed to try and upgrade at WR.  They also tried to upgrade at QB with Fitz, at least as a stop gap.  

Spending FA money for young, in-their-prime players is ok.  What you don't want to do is spend big FA

I know this isn't a Nats board but there's something about developing your own players. The Nats were doing that well until they got close then they were all about bringing in the guys to get them over the hump. We're not near the hump but we're bringing these guys in. I get that Samuel is a Ron guy but he's not a DC guy so I'm not partial to him. Harmon and Sims put up respectable numbers in their first times getting experience in the system. Plus they're not on this injury rollercoaster where we have to wonder if they're ready to play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Good problem to have honestly 

I would HATE watching Sweat turn into a perennial monster for some other team and have Young limp along with issue after issue on a monster contract all because he was a  higher draft pic. I am not a Young hater, I want him to be the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith, but I do love  M. Sweat and it feels like he runs in Young's shadow.

Young is playing in Sweats shadow at this point IMHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He's gonna break out and we're gonna have to pay him after a potentially ~15 sack season.

He was supposed to do that last year too.  

Eventually when he's supposed to break out and have 15 sacks, it might be true.  lol

1 minute ago, Jbird7 said:

I would HATE watching Sweat turn into a perennial monster for some other team and have Young limp along with issue after issue on a monster contract all because he was a  higher draft pic. I am not a Young hater, I want him to be the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith, but I do love  M. Sweat and it feels like he runs in Young's shadow.

Young is playing in Sweats shadow at this point IMHO.

If he gets 15 sacks we aren't letting him walk. We would sign him. I feel like this organization knows you have to 1) have a QB and 2) Get the other QB on the ground. We need him for #2 so if he gets 15 sacks and we have to open the bank for him, we will. At this point i find it much more likely he gets paid and Young never does. 

But you know how these things are. All of it can change in a play...

Just now, Llevron said:

If he gets 15 sacks we aren't letting him walk. We would sign him. I feel like this organization knows you have to 1) have a QB and 2) Get the other QB on the ground. We need him for #2 so if he gets 15 sacks and we have to open the bank for him, we will. At this point i find it much more likely he gets paid and Young never does. 

But you know how these things are. All of it can change in a play...

Resign him right now. He has played, he has been available, he recovered from a broken jaw and other issues and is into camp ready to roll and looks to be our biggest rush threat to start game 1. Hopefully Young recovers and is a monster, but give Young his love now while it will be cheaper, and will drive more goodwill both to the player and to the fans.

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel are locks.  

One of the WRs is probably the returner.  JP has said Alex Erickson seems to be getting the majority of the returns, but it could be Milne also.  That’s 4.

I think Brown is 5, and if they keep a 6th active it would be Sims.  

If Brown could return punts/kicks, that would be helpful, but I haven’t heard them having him do that….

I think there's zero chance Milne returns punts outside a fire emergency. His punt returner experience has always been overstated.  

1 minute ago, Jbird7 said:

Resign him right now. He has played, he has been available, he recovered from a broken jaw and other issues and is into camp ready to roll and looks to be our biggest rush threat to start game 1. Hopefully Young recovers and is a monster, but give Young his love now while it will be cheaper, and will drive more goodwill both to the player and to the fans.

Yea that would work for the organization but it would be silly for the player. Their agents would never have them sign a deal coming off of their worst seasons lol. Everyone wants that pay day. 

For what its worth, I don't think he gets 15 sacks regardless. Not without someone on the other end. He's not that good (yet, maybe)  

4 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

I sure wish we would have signed Barr especially at 3mil for one season. Definite bargain for Cowgirls. 

He was between Dallas or Denver. He wasn’t coming here even if we were interested, especially at that price.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B. Hodges and Rogers also looked good at TE.  He's intrigued by the talent at TE.

Hodges was my sneaky pick to impress going into camp.  Between Thomas, Bates, Turner, and Hodges (assuming he makes the cut), they could slice and dice people from the TE position.  

Just now, Llevron said:

Yea that would work for the organization but it would be silly for the player. Their agents would never have them sign a deal coming off of their worst seasons lol. Everyone wants that pay day. 

For what its worth, I don't think he gets 15 sacks regardless. Not without someone on the other end. He's not that good (yet, maybe)  

I hope he proves us both wrong, and my suspicion is that he is poised to blow up this year.