Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your expectations for this season?

Reddskins1

The only QB this team has had over the past decade (actually longer) who could make it through full seasons without injury was the one guy they didn't want to sign and eventually left.

I could list most of the others but that's a pretty long list of injured QBs.

Expectations should be that Wentz doesn't last a full season but who knows if that means game 1 or late December.

• Sad 1

After his first interception, people around here will call Wentz's trade a the dumbest tradein history and will ask for Howell as the starter.

They'll ask to cut/trade Chase after the first down of the defense, as well as Sweat (which will come into the preseason).

Safety play will keep on sucking and many will want to thave Reed Doughty back in there.

After the first missed FG from Slye, people will also ask for his replacement and bring Chris Blewitt for experiment.

Only guy to not disappoint: Tress Way.

100% this all happens.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

After his first interception, people around here will call Wentz's trade a the dumbest tradein history and will ask for Howell as the starter.

They'll ask to cut/trade Chase after the first down of the defense, as well as Sweat (which will come into the preseason).

Probably want to stay out of the game day threads man. I only go in there for the lols. 

7 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

It use to be 10 and 6 was a good team. I think a 10 and 7 record is the goal for this year with there now being 17 games.

With that schedule I'd say 11 wins should be minimum for a good team.

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Probably want to stay out of the game day threads man. I only go in there for the lols. 

With that schedule I'd say 11 wins should be minimum for a good team.

11 would be great I am willing to take 10 its been a long time since double digit wins. 11 with the new schudule will probably be the new number for a good team. With the schudule you are right. 10 would be a huge step forward thought. I would consider 10 successful season.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Offense - Wentz is a solid QB with big game potential whenever he steps on the field. The RB situation is worrisome imo. Gibson has the ability to be a top 10 RB but injuries and fumbling issues have me concerned. The playmakers are the best we have had in years with scary terry, dotson, brown, and thomas. I'm excited to see cam sims and John Bates get more reps hopefully this season. The offensive line is pretty solid and we made the smart move not signing Scherff.

Offensive Rank: 16th

Defense: The line has the potential to be the best in the league if healthy and playing to expectations. The LB core is weak but I love Cole Holcomb at MLB. Hopefully Davis plays better in year 2. The DBs are going to play way better than most expect. Kam curl will have a huge year in Washington.

Defensive Rank: 8th

Best vs Worst outcomes:

Vs Jac win/win

At det win/win

Vs Philly win/loss

At dal loss/loss

Vs ten win/loss

At chi win/win

Vs GB win/loss

At ind win/loss

Vs min loss/loss

At phi win/loss

At hou win/win

Vs atl win/win

At nyg win/loss

Vs nyg win/win

At SF win/loss

Vs cle win/loss

Vs dal win/loss

This team with its easier schedule leaves a wide degree of margin this team could go 15-2 or 6-11. The only games I definitely can't see this team winning are at Dallas and vs Minnesota. 

If I had to project a total today id go 10-7. If Watson doesn't play for the Browns 11-6.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Double digit wins which should result in a playoff birth. 

If we're under .500 again its time for serious changes, unless its just one of those ridiculous injury luck seasons.

Ok bro you didn't tackle the thread question. If you don't want to that's fine but you're never short on dialog.

I do expect Wentz to have an above his average season (+3,500, +27, <10). I expect the offense to be good and in the top 10.

Defense is a question mark as they didn't address the reason why they were the worst team in NFL History on 3rd down. Almost like they ignored how teams so easily pick them apart in the middle. Possible that they were just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but Jack DelTaco isn't very inventive and far too predictable. I expect the defense to be middle of the pack, which would be an improvement. Double digit W's is an anomaly for RR coached team but he's due.

6 hours ago, CovingtonCommander said:

I just think their talent on offense is top notch. Cousins is a solid qb. I mean all he did in Washington was set franchise records. 

Cousin is great at putting up stats but that's all he does. When you need him to win key games, he rarely does it. The man is mediocre, only one season with 10 wins.

If Carson can rebound and get our offense humming and our defense rebounds; I like our chances.  Vikings aren't going to fix all their problems in one year; with a rookie head coach. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BC-Redskins said:

I’m going 11-6 this year !!

maybe it’s due to having Wentz at QB being the best we’ve had in a long time 

maybe it’s just pure hope or stupidity, I don’t know 😂

I say it's all the Above...😄

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

My expectation is to watch an entire game without me turning it off out of frustration...hopefully more than one.

I predict you will have atleast 20 cracks at this and this excludes preseason games...

Best case scenario. Dan is forced to sell. Rons team implodes and we go 3-14 with a plethora of injuries. Everyone is gone and fired and were looking at top 2 pick and finally a chance to get a franchise QB.

Worst case scenario. We win 8-10 games and back end our way into the final Playoff spot to get routed on the road in GB/TB with the team looking no closer to actually competing for anything of note and like we havent progressed at all. Solidifying ourselves into the purgatory that is mediocrity. 

What I expect to happen? The worst case scenario.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CovingtonCommander said:

He won games just not as many as we all wanted. How much of that is on him or that lack of a true running game when he was here?

I'd say the Haslett/Barry era defenses were more the problem than the running game or Cousins, but they both had their moments, as well.

Not that it really matters anymore.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We had injuries and covid last year; Ron still managed 7 wins.

A Ron coached team will never bottom out.

Yeah that’s my fear. He never bottoms out and with the FO proclivity for “winning now” they’ll stay at the 6-8 win area 

• Thumb up 1

This morning on Team 980 radio Sheehan was talking with Ben Standig and he asked if this coming season will be a referendum on Rivera and they both concluded

that this season will affect Rivera's future big time.  If things go south though they are not sure what action Snyder might take.  They also said that Rivera has been outspoken

in saying that he expect the team to be much better in year 3 of his tenure.  I believe we needed a professional General Manager and let him just coach the team.  But if we do

not make the playoffs and have a losing record then Ron could be headed for his home in California before his five year contract expires.

10 win season.  IF the team doesn't lose major pieces to injury.  The defense will rebound primarily because of the QBs we face this year.  Carson + our schedule has to = 3 more wins in my mind.  If not its time for another rebuild or whatever it is that they do.

• Like 1