Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alot of Hype or No Hype.....

Reddskins1

Alot of Hype or no Hype going into a season which is better?  I must admit getting attention and some recognition about our team in the off-season feels good but in reality it rarely works out in our favor..It seems under the radar works better for us and this off-season other then obtaining Wentz and our owners issues we have not be talked about much that bolds well for us..What is you guys feeling on this?  Let's Go Commmanders!!!

Doesn’t matter. Hype or no hype; they usually sucks either way.

We had the hype last year and bombed.

While the fans have hope this year, the rest of the world expects us to bomb.

Odds are we fail to meet the fans expectations again.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Grammar Nazi | Know Your Meme

When I was in 4rth or 5th grade I just couldn't get it correct and didn't seem to be able to spell A Lot as two words. My teacher, Mrs Gallagher called me stupid in front of the entire class. I mumbled "shut up" at the feared teacher and it went silent. She asked what I said and I said "Shut up, I'm not stupid" really loud and everyone gasped. Well, that got her pretty hot and a trip to the principle I did earn. They gave me a piece of paper with my exploits written upon it that I was to carry to my parents and have them sign. I was terrified of my immanent punishment, but that night after dinner when I showed my parents the note and told them the entire story, my mother said that "she was very proud of me for standing up for myself" and they went in and tore the teacher a new one for calling an 7/8 yo kid stupid in front of his peers.

And it was on that day my friend, when I began my unrelenting Rage against the Machine and have been a pain in the ass ever since.

As you can see, spelling this correctly really means alot to me. 

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

They gave me a piece of paper with my exploits written upon it that I was to carry to my parents and have them sign. I was terrified of my immanent punishment,

That's imminent

Laughing Emoji GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

a trip to the principle I did earn.

you may have earned your trip to the “principal” on alot of principle but it wasn’t principally principle that got you a trip to see the principal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, Koolblue13 said:

When I was in 4rth or 5th grade I just couldn't get it correct and didn't seem to be able to spell A Lot as two words. My teacher, Mrs Gallagher called me stupid in front of the entire class. I mumbled "shut up" at the feared teacher and it went silent. She asked what I said and I said "Shut up, I'm not stupid" really loud and everyone gasped. Well, that got her pretty hot and a trip to the principle I did earn. They gave me a piece of paper with my exploits written upon it that I was to carry to my parents and have them sign. I was terrified of my immanent punishment, but that night after dinner when I showed my parents the note and told them the entire story, my mother said that "she was very proud of me for standing up for myself" and they went in and tore the teacher a new one for calling an 7/8 yo kid stupid in front of his peers.

And it was on that day my friend, when I began my unrelenting Rage against the Machine and have been a pain in the ass ever since.

As you can see, spelling this correctly really means alot to me. 

https://msgallagheronline.weebly.com/english-grammar.html

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2022 at 7:36 AM, Koolblue13 said:

A lot is two words.

Thanks Mrs Gallagher. 

This reminds me in one of my favorite The West Wing moments.  Pres. Bartlet is debating for his presidential run and his opponent says “he’s going to throw a big word at you, unfunded mandate.”

And in his reply Bartlet says “let’s clear up a few things, Unfunded Mandate is 2 words, not one big one.”  (This is all somewhat paraphrased…

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This reminds me in one of my favorite The West Wing moments.  Pres. Bartlet is debating for his presidential run and his opponent says “he’s going to throw a big word at you, unfunded mandate.”

And in his reply Bartlet says “let’s clear up a few things, Unfunded Mandate is 2 words, not one big one.”  (This is all somewhat paraphrased…

That was pretty awesome. Always wanted to check that show out.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was pretty awesome. Always wanted to check that show out.

It’s a great show for the first 4 seasons.  Great characters, great dialogue, great acting. 

After season 4, Sorkin stepped aside and it wandered aimlessly for a few seasons before a somewhat string finish.

Two Cathedrals, the finale of season 2 MIGHT be the best hour of television I’ve I’ve watched.  (There are a few other contenders, but it’s very high on the list.)

• Like 1

I'd rather be hyped. The best teams tend to be the ones that most people expect to be good. There are exceptions here and there but generally if you're picked to suck its because you will suck.

I want us to be good. I want people to predict us to be good. I want fans of other teams to be like "oh snap, Washington is on national TV this week, this should be fun." 

Not only have we sucked, we've been boring and irrelevant for the better part of 30 years(save for 2012 where we might have been the most entertaining team in the league to watch).