Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Democrats are Objectively doing a terrible job running the country.

Forever A Redskin

41 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Remember when people were censored/banned for mentioning the possibility of a lab leak being the cause of covid?

That's the kind of stuff that stops when Musk buys Twitter.

Besides, censoring people only makes them stronger. It only proves you're scared of what they have to say. 

Twitter should be the public town hall. Civil debates with information from both sides of issues where people can form their own opinion. Not be forced to believe whatever is spouted from a list of "approved" sources or risk being censored.

You should be able to win fair and square without censoring your opponent if the Democrats are doing such a great job.

Things as silly as hashtags #learntocode were banned from Twitter. Just because people were offended. If you're offended by something, feel free to block the person. 

Not being able to offend people is exactly why comedy isn't funny anymore. All of the comedy greats wouldn't be able to exist in the current climate. Just look at the backlash against Dave Chappelle. Woke PC culture has ruined everything. Including our beloved Football Team, the Redskins.

Twitter never banned or censored people for saying that Covid was a lab leak.

FaceBook did ban posts for saying that Covid was man made.  But that isn't the same.

Twitter isn't the townhall.  It is a private company with share holders to be responsible to.  Twitter is a private company.  Why shouldn't they be able to do what they want?

For Twitter to act as the Town Hall and not to meet the fiduciary obligations to their share holders would actually be illegal.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Twitter isn't the townhall.  It is a private company with share holders to be responsible to.  Twitter is a private company.  Why shouldn't they be able to do what they want?

I’ve been banned by my own website at least a dozen times. And we’re still all good here.

Except Destino…. you better watch your back bro. 😂

• Haha 4

Just now, Die Hard said:

I’ve been banned by my own website at least a dozen times. And we’re still all good here.

Except Destino…. you better watch your back bro. 😂

I will continue to fumble blindly until the I hit the drop.  That’s my vibe.

• Haha 1

Why, Peter you sound like a dang COMMIE!

I think.. i don't know what an actual 'commie' is, I just use it whenever i think some dang'd lib'rul thinks he's a gittin' too big fer his britches. 
Hell, I figure if it's important enuff, Tucker or Q or somebody reliable will tell me.

I DO mah resurch.

~Dang

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Part of the reason economics are so hard to have a real conversation about these days is because tribalism has half the country believing the economy, inflation, and gas prices were all great the day Biden was sworn in as President as if any President gets elected and effects those things right from the start.  Presidents take over largely dealing with the benefits and/or consequences of the previous administration and when they start putting in their own policies it takes awhile to have a significant effect.    Just like when Trump got elected the same half of the country believed the economy was terrible and he instantly turned it around.  Remember the 2016 campaign "the job numbers and unemployment numbers are all fake" then magically they are all real?  

I don't see the left trying to deny any of the issues we are faced with right now when it comes to inflation, but it's like we want to ignore the issues and policies that got us here plus some of the factors that are making it worse than it needs to be, and just think there is a secret magic wand that can wipe it all away that Biden isn't using.  

• Like 1

I am curious what Twitter ownership and turning it into a "free speech" ie. unmoderated Nazi-friendly platform will improve?  

and furthermore how does that impact the direction and competency with which the country is being run? 

The right is literally trying to create their own Twitter, failing badly, and even if they do get it off the ground, won’t like it because there will be no libs to own.

The way these guys tell it, you’d think there isn’t an economy in and of itself, for right wing media personalities.  How are these guys getting so rich if they are being denied platforms?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The right is literally trying to create their own Twitter, failing badly, and even if they do get it off the ground, won’t like it because there will be no libs to own.

The way these guys tell it, you’d think there isn’t an economy in and of itself, for right wing media personalities.  How are these guys getting so rich if they are being denied platforms?

Because they just want to infect everything.

But more specifically, anything that is successful and has a large audience. They want to usurp it…. because they can’t recreate their own.

Whats the point of having an opinion unless a large audience can see it? I mean yeah sure, I can start my own blog or post on my buddies blog with 5 members or WhatsApp with a few like-minded buds.

That’s why the biggest sites attract the trolls.

We dealt with it all the time here…. everybody wants a microphone. Because they don’t want to listen. If they listened and learned the vibe…. it would require them to shut their mouths for a few hours.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Remember when people were censored/banned for mentioning the possibility of a lab leak being the cause of covid?

That's the kind of stuff that stops when Musk buys Twitter.

Besides, censoring people only makes them stronger. It only proves you're scared of what they have to say. 

Twitter should be the public town hall. Civil debates with information from both sides of issues where people can form their own opinion. Not be forced to believe whatever is spouted from a list of "approved" sources or risk being censored.

You should be able to win fair and square without censoring your opponent if the Democrats are doing such a great job.

Things as silly as hashtags #learntocode were banned from Twitter. Just because people were offended. If you're offended by something, feel free to block the person. 

Not being able to offend people is exactly why comedy isn't funny anymore. All of the comedy greats wouldn't be able to exist in the current climate. Just look at the backlash against Dave Chappelle. Woke PC culture has ruined everything. Including our beloved Football Team, the Redskins.

You want a private company to be restricted in what speech they may or may not allow on their platfrom?  And you're a freedom of speech absolutist libertarian?

Problem number 1 might be that people use twitter as primary source of information.  

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Didn't say he was cancelled. But people definitely tried. I said he faced backlash. Employees organized walkouts unless they pulled his specials, etc. 

And yes, Netflix made the correct move to not listen to those woke employees and continue to give Chappelle more specials. 

So how did woke people ruin everything in this context?  Some people complained about his act.  Some people liked his act.  Ultimately, Netflix gave him another contract.  So only people whose position you agree with can complain?  What if a comedian advocated for teaching transgender issues to kindergarteners and bunch of people objected to the act in protest?  Is that cancel culture too or is that just individuals exercising their power as consumers? (and in what universe did consumers lose their ability to make their buying decisions based on whatever arbitrary criteria they want?  If you can choose not to buy something because you don't like the color/look/feel, you sure as hell can choose not to buy something because of personal/political/moral reasons too)

BTW, comedians pushing the envelope and society pushing back is nothing new.  Lenny Bruce was arrested.  George Carlin too.  FCC's whole indency regulations got spurred on by a complaint stemming from radio broadcast of Carlin's act.  

If you think "cancel culture" is wrong, are you going to advocate for a private broadcast channel's right to televise explicit homosexual intercourse during daytime?  What if every Netflix show started with message to indoctrinate your kids into being pro-LGBTQ?  Would people who disagree with such a message (whether in substance or time/place) be within their rights to cancel their Netflix subscription and start a boycott or is that cancel culture too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. 

I don't think anyone has argued with the principal of a person buying a company. I think people think it's funny that a libertarian is complaining that a privately run business is stopping speech.

You sign up, you agree to a TOS and that's it. You've made a choice to utilize a business and they can run it how they see fit. Capitalism baby! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. 

I don't think anyone has argued with the principal of a person buying a company. I think people think it's funny that a libertarian is complaining that a privately run business is stopping speech.

You sign up, you agree to a TOS and that's it. You've made a choice to utilize a business and they can run it how they see fit. Capitalism baby! 

That's fine you don't see it as a big deal. I believe it is, and most people do. Just take a gander at the conversation around it on Twitter. Huge deal.

4 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I used this argument in my marriage once.

I'm divorced.

That’s because you’re supposed to negotiate the terms when you propose. Not at the alter.

“If you agree….. will you marry me?”

Rookie mistake.

• Haha 3

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

That's fine you don't see it as a big deal. I believe it is, and most people do. Just take a gander at the conversation around it on Twitter. Huge deal.

Why is it a huge deal? I don't have twitter, facebook, instagram or any of that social media ****. I'm 39 and from what I can tell over the last 22 years of internet usage is that it's an absolute cesspool. 

Educate me, show me facts that aren't an opinion of someone else. Show me a source that's legit and would stand up to academic scrutiny.

I'm open to changing my mind, but I'm not going to do it without hard evidence that's backed up by some type of logical reason. 

• Like 1

Elon Musk is a billionaire! He shouldn't be allowed to own the media!

That's dumb.Of course he should be allowed to purchase a media company. 

Said media company should held accountable tho. Standards and practices and whatnot. A modern fairness doctrine for all forms of media would be a step in the right direction imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

You keep doing this thing where you refer to random groups of internet people as “most people”.  You also refer to issues as widespread and provide a few examples from a world with billions of people in it.    

You ever think you’re the one actually living in an echo chamber?

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You keep doing this thing where you refer to big groups of internet people as “most people”.  You also refer to issues as widespread and provide a few examples from a world with billions of people in it.    

You ever think you’re the one actually living in an echo chamber?

I’ve think I’ve seen this before.

”You know, a lot of people are saying….. I hear good things.”

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, GoCommiesGo said:

Why is it a huge deal? I don't have twitter, facebook, instagram or any of that social media ****. I'm 39 and from what I can tell over the last 22 years of internet usage is that it's an absolute cesspool. 

Educate me, show me facts that aren't an opinion of someone else. Show me a source that's legit and would stand up to academic scrutiny.

I'm open to changing my mind, but I'm not going to do it without hard evidence that's backed up by some type of logical reason. 

You used a word in your last sentence, "logical". Nothing in right wing propaganda is logical. It's emotional gobbledygook.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1