Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

I'm sick of Greedy Goodell already. Just release the darn schedule!! Why should it be an 'event'? Eventually the NFL will start charging $$$ for people to see the schedule..."New NFL Schedule can be yours for only three installments of $49.99 before kickoff in Week 1. Or you can go weekly for $9.99...you wouldn't want your friends to know who you're playing next week before you do, right?"

Or maybe they won't even tell the players what the schedule is until the week before they play a team...because it's a "secret."

Wondering when the NFL will start installing pay toilets in NFL stadiums...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm sick of Greedy Goodell already. Just release the darn schedule!! Why should it be an 'event'? Eventually the NFL will start charging $$$ for people to see the schedule..."New NFL Schedule can be yours for only three installments of $49.99 before kickoff in Week 1. Or you can go weekly for $9.99...you wouldn't want your friends to know who you're playing next week before you do, right?"

Or maybe they won't even tell the players what the schedule is until the week before they play a team...because it's a "secret."

NFL rules all sports in America.  They've gotten to the point where a schedule release will outdraw NBA & NHL playoff games.  People are interested in where and when teams will play each other now.  Whatever the NFL does marketing wise clearly works, because there's no other enthusiasm or anticipation like this in any other sport outside of soccer.  Not even close.  The offseason has just as much juice to it now as the regular season.

28 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If you don't care then just don't pay attention until September? Nobody is forcing you to watch the schedule release. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I personally would love to play Detroit on Thanksgiving. What's better than turkey, rolls, and football? Turkey, rolls, and your favorite team! It's a bit unique too because it's not Dallas. We've played Dallas on Tgiving seemingly 5 or 6 times in the last 15 years. I don't remember the last time we played Detroit on Thanksgiving. It had to have been a very long time ago. Also, our chances of having a happy holiday increases mightily vs Goff instead of Washington destroyer Dak. I hope the rumor is true 😁 

I wonder if we'll play primetime night games vs Indy and Philly. For intrigue reasons due to Wentz. The good news is, Washington has improved a little bit in primetime games, the last 3 years or so. 

I predict 1-2 primetime games (MNF and TNF).  We're not good enough or interesting enough to get 4:25PM games or SNF games unless we're playing the Cowboys or a team like the Packers.  Since our schedule is filled with teams that aren't marquee attractions (Texans, Jags, Falcons, Browns, Lions, Vikings, Etc), we're probably going to see a LOT of 1PM games on our schedule this year.  I don't think we'll get a Thanksgiving game this year, since we've played on Thanksgiving a decent amount of times recently, and they would like to give the game to a more interesting or competitive team.  I'll say that one of our Cowboys games, and the game against either the Eagles or Colts will be our only primetime games this year.  The Vikings game at home will be a 1PM Sunday game, because nobody outside DC or Minneapolis cares about Kirk Cousins return to Fed-EX.

Edited by samy316

Today is the day you can start believing the leaks because the teams have their schedules now. 

If what has trickled out so far is true, you can cross Eagles off the list— reporting they will open with Lions.  And we know Eagles host Vikings on MNF also in week 2. So no Eagles first two weeks for us. 

Chicago on TNF Oct 13 looks legit. Also, hosting Philly week 3 and hosting Cleveland week 17 seems to be legit leaks. Also week 10 at Eagles MNF. So two primetime games so far— both on road. 

Edited by kleese

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You mean Greedy owners. Goodell doesn’t do anything his bosses don’t tell him to.

We will NOT be playing on Christmas according to Sheehan

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I'd say week 5 will either be a bye OR a home game.  NFL typically doesn't allow road on Sunday and road on Thursday.

Byes don't start until much later.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Opening against Jax is a huge blessing. Couldn't ask for a much better opportunity than facing the team that was the worst in the NFL last year.

Its also a revenge game for Wentz w/ Pederson leading Jax so we are diving into the revenge slate early/

Sure, but also a revenge game for Wes Martin

Why is a game in Chicago our TNF game 😂 i guess this means we don’t play on thanksgiving. 

and i saw a rumor we host the browns week 17? if so, that means i wont be able to party New Year’s Eve since I’ll have to wake up New Year’s Day at 5:45….**** that. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why is a game in Chicago our TNF game 😂 i guess this means we don’t play on thanksgiving. 

and i saw a rumor we host the browns week 17? if so, that means i wont be able to party New Year’s Eve since I’ll have to wake up New Year’s Day at 5:45….**** that. 

That Browns rumor seems a bit fishy, but regardless NYD is a Sunday so we will be playing someone that day unless we play Sat/Mon

4 minutes ago, kleese said:

That Browns rumor seems a bit fishy, but regardless NYD is a Sunday so we will be playing someone that day unless we play Sat/Mon

I know the team will be playing someone that day anyway, my point was to hope for a road game instead, so I CAN party NYE