Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

Total wasted opportunity with two on and no one out … but I can understand  letting Santander swing away given Chapman walked the first two on 8 pitches and Santander already having two hits including the homer

Also I think Hyde overmanaged this one.  Mateo would have been useful as a pinch runner but swapping out Westburg for O'Hearn early forced him to put him in the field.

I also think he pulled Bradish too early.   I mean he had 9 Ks in 4 2/3.

And what happened with that Henderson steal is being debated fairly heavily on OH.  It was supposedly a hit and run but Hicks didin't swing because the ball was well out of the zone - hence the "miscommunication" line that Hyde was selling.

OTOH allowing Santander to swing away was undermanaging, but it was pretty understandable given the situation.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Feel like a Caps fan.

Well, if it was the Caps they would've won the first 2 games by a combined score of like 15 - 2, only to rip our hearts out by dropping the next 3, including losing one game on a grand slam while up by 3 runs with 2 outs in the 9th.

But I get your point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's what happens in 5 game series (and part of the reason I wish the divisional series were 7 games).  There is very little room for error, you lose the first two and your back is against the wall very quickly.  Need guys to step up - Mullins has yet to record a hit.  First game it was about lack of hitting (and questionable managerial decisions), second was about no pitching.  

This team was 30-1 to win the AL preseason, so the fact that they made it this far is pretty amazing.  Season is not over.  Definitely tough losing those first two at home though.  Rangers have some very dangerous bats, gotta give it to them.

• Like 1

The moment G-Rod walked the leadoff batter in the 2nd, the O's should've had the bullpen up. You can't wait that long when you are down 1-0 in a best of 5 and you haven't gone on the road yet. Can't be waiting for a starter to try and right the ship in a short series. 

• Like 1

Irvin should have been on the playoff roster.  Webb and Baker were mistakes and don't belong.

Glad to see the bats wake up a little in time for the end of the game, hopefully that carries over to tomorrow night.  I'm under no illusion that we can come back and win this series but I'd at least like to make it somewhat of a challenge for the Rangers.