Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

On 4/15/2023 at 7:23 PM, Bang said:

Not a good day at first base for Mounty.

~Bang

He was not a pickin' machine on Saturday. Oof. Sometimes a guy misses one and then it gets in their head a little bit. Hopefully he can leave that in Chicago for sure. 

---------------------------

Series win, though! Day off and then in DC for two. The schedule looks silly with an off day today and Thursday but the way the pen has been used to start the year, it's not a terrible thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

On the Chicago radio shows this morning, this was bigger news than the results of any of the three games this weekend. No Orioles jerseys in this video thankfully.

Now we know why Jerry Springer was filmed in Chicago.  Plenty of local talent to choose from.  

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Haha 1

5 in a row against the Nats!

Not exactly an offensive outburst but it was enough to get it done. 

Yennier Cano was an afterthought going into this season and he's been killing it out there. I know he's basically a one pitch guy but it's working for now. 

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

5 in a row against the Nats!

Not exactly an offensive outburst but it was enough to get it done. 

Yennier Cano was an afterthought going into this season and he's been killing it out there. I know he's basically a one pitch guy but it's working for now. 

Him, Baker and Bautista and we might just have ourselves a solid bullpen.   If only Means could come back, thats a pretty good top three rotation.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

59 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Him, Baker and Bautista and we might just have ourselves a solid bullpen.   If only Means could come back, thats a pretty good top three rotation.

Bauman has been really good. Perez is off his game to start the year but Coulombe has been good. 

Though the Pen has had to pitch too many innings for only being 10% through the season. 

Tigers got us pretty good last year so it was nice to return the favor.

Bats haven’t exactly crushed it recently but stack wins whenever you can get them. 

The crazy thing about Mateo scoring from a shallow double is that the dude probably isn’t even 100% with his hip injury. 

Braves are my main team, but will admit to a little fondness for the O's due to going to a lot of games when I lived up there several years ago. I think if things click this season like they can, will compete for a wildcard. Hey, good to have an American League team also in case they win and the Braves fall apart haha.

Cora after the game was grumbling how the Orioles didn’t strike out and were able to foul off tough pitches. He was just short of saying that they were cheating. Yes, Alex Cora said that. The irony. 

A reasonable person would question if Sale is tipping his pitches. Or just ineffective, early in the season given his injury history. But when you have a massive payroll and simply suck in last place, that’s where he decided to go. 

Bradish - Kluber tonight. O’s roughed up Kluber in his first start so hopefully that trend continues!

• Haha 1

Alex Cora is a piece of ****.  In regards to Sale, I think he's nervous -and rightfully so- that the guy is washed up.  He didn't strike anyone out last night.  But he's going to cling to the idea that Sale could be tipping instead because that's the better narrative.  

Kluber has been terrible this year, that guy is DEFINITELY washed up.