Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I have literally just posted those as outcomes on the back of that move..

Would be the dumbest of outcomes. Those two moves alone prove to me that Ron is totally out of touch with the modern game. You keep an overpaid SS that can not play in the pass game and a Run Stuffing NT after giving your 3T 72 Mil? Talk about not diversifying your funds 

Here's projected cap space PRE McCain and post June 1st Collins designation and Ion release. (just saw on twitter, Collins is likely a post-June 1st designation)

image.png.55e88506c8f19a5e68375ea113a061c3.png

Wasn't expecting the Ion move as most here weren't either. I guess this means a Payne extension ... also the Flowers extension ($5m savings) and a Wentz' restructure (if he's really viewed as a 2+ year guy by this FO) would free-up an additional $15 million give or take.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Would be the dumbest of outcomes. Those two moves alone prove to me that Ron is totally out of touch with the modern game. You keep an overpaid SS that can not play in the pass game and a Run Stuffing NT after giving your 3T 72 Mil? Talk about not diversifying your funds 

Well he’s maybe doing it to cover the Cam Sims deal :ols:

Who knows. Our roster needs to take an upturn today. Let’s see what they come up with in the next few hours.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree, wonder if they tried to trade him first.

Hopefully it will facilitate a corresponding positive move at a position of greater need.

Was wondering the same (glad I refreshed before submitting, lol).

In terms of an extension for Terry, can they keep this year’s numbers the same, or by having to spread out guaranteed money (I believe SBs have to be spread evenly?) does it have to go up (this year)?

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's projected cap space PRE McCain and post June 1st Collins designation and Ion release. (just saw on twitter, Collins is likely a post-June 1st designation)

image.png.55e88506c8f19a5e68375ea113a061c3.png

We need to re-do the Wentz deal.

Im not convinced you get the benefit of post June 1 cut until that date either. As in, it’s no help right now?

• Thumb up 1

Just now, skinny21 said:

Was wondering the same (glad I refreshed before submitting, lol).

In terms of an extension for Terry, can they keep this year’s numbers the same, or by having to spread out guaranteed money (I believe SBs have to be spread evenly?) does it have to go up (this year)?

I think the Terry extension got a whole lot worse following the Jags antics. I’d imagine his agent is taking notes.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Im not convinced you get the benefit of post June 1 cut until that date either. As in, it’s no help right now?

I don't know the exact mechanics ... as in ... not sure if $6.1m is available now and $6.1m becomes available on June 2nd ... or if you have to wait until June 2nd for the entire $12.2m.

3 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Did you watch him play with the Titans last year?!  Maybe watch him play instead of just looking at stats. 

I stand by my statement. Apparently the league agrees as Freeman did not get "bell cow" money

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Who knows. Our roster needs to take an upturn today. Let’s see what they come up with in the next few hours.

Like I legit have no idea what the plan is. Are we trying to win? Are we trying to rebuild? Are we trying to reallocate funds so we can get more modern to compete better? Are we trying to strengthen our strengths? Theres no cohesion at all right now. We can usually figure out an outline of a plan of what they are trying to do. For the first time I think in my 20 years of being a fan I have legit zero idea what they are trying to do. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Its really too late to do that to make it matter. A good portion of FA is already over. 

Just now, Zim489 said:

Like I legit have no idea what the plan is. Are we trying to win? Are we trying to rebuild? Are we trying to reallocate funds so we can get more modern to compete better? Are we trying to strengthen our strengths? Theres no cohesion at all right now. We can usually figure out an outline of a plan of what they are trying to do. For the first time I think in my 20 years of being a fan I have legit zero idea what they are trying to do. 

We’ve used late picks before to bolster the DL. I think we will potentially be using a couple of day 3 draft picks on DL depth.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don't know the exact mechanics ... as in ... not sure if $6.1m is available now and $6.1m becomes available on June 2nd ... or if you have to wait until June 2nd for the entire $12.2m.

Yeah it’s not help right now. Probably a reason that Matt I needed to go. We must be redoing deals as we speak.

The Collins money then covers in year buffer, I did suggest we’d go that way some time back.