Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

I hope we bring back Lucas as the swing tackle. McCain is depth at best, we need a safety.

Maybe Sims and Carter do come back at receiver. I mean, I could go either way on that but when you see some of these deals going around, perhaps on reasonable money you have to cut your losses. Or just bin them off and draft a real good one.

Problem is we can’t address everything in the draft at this stage. Something needs to give. 

Lets pull a couple of deals out of nowhere today.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

I love McKissic and he would have been my first resigning priority.

I also have to admit I don't have a clue what fair compensation should be for arguably one of the top 2 or 3 receiving backs in the league coming off a serious neck injury.

I just know that I would have "felt" good if we had resigned him. Whether that equates to a wise business decision or not I can't say.

One thing I can guarantee-- if healthy he will be a terror for the lbs and dbs assigned to cover him next season.

16 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I think you have to actually delete it, not just type delete. Just trying to help out.

Submit Reply…Submit Reply…SUBMIT REPLY….oh crap, I did it too. I need to hit the button….tooodalooo

Enhance | Super troopers, Military quotes, Memes

Just delete the damn thing!

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He absolutely fell apart in the combine. He might go updrafted at this point.

I highly doubt that. He's a very good player. He's one of the best backs in pass protection you will ever see for a start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Pardon my ignorance but didn't every team get an extra $20ish M with new cap ceiling and weren't we in top 5 or 10 in cap room before that?  How could one contract zap it all away?

The $20ish M was already built into the expected 2022 cap figures, so that didn’t add anything to what we expected them to have. 

They were expected to have ~ $33M in cap space. A good amount. But adding Wentz and his $28M hit did in fact zap almost all of their cap space. Though once the Collins cut becomes official, they’ll have $12.4M in cap space. 

For the record, they could easily free up more. To the tune of $20-25M without doing anything more than extending Flowers, Schweitzer, and Ioannidis and moving much of Wentz’s money into the future. For whatever reason, they don’t seem to be motivated to do any of that. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

Just now, CommDownMan said:

I see people saying we only have 5 million in cap and several "Washington plans to release Collins".  Has there been an official release there?  Pre or Post June 1st... anything?

Can't do anything until the league year starts tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

@KDawg talked all season about Gibson not being a bell cow. I've got Gibson on fantasy so I don't like the idea of that, but it still does make sense.  I don't know if we need another McKissic/Chris Thompson or a Betts to Gibson's Portis.  Unless I'm not understanding anything which is a REALLY likely outcome.

I've heard Standig and Keim both reference they think they are bringing a RB to help Gibson.  If they are right, they will either sign a FA or draft a dude.  But according to them a RB is on the agenda.  Sounds like more of a 1b type to Gibson being 1a.  I presume a RB who can play power to add a dimension to Gibson's strength which IMO is more zone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

They need to let McKissic go.  There is little reason to have him back.  If they're serious about building around Wentz (which they have to at this point to even have a chance at respectability) then they have to understand his game.  I'm assuming they've done their homework on him and realize he isn't a check-down QB.  He rarely throws to his backs.  That's his history.  Use the money you'd have to pay McKissic and go and get some more WR weapons, which we desperately need.  Draft a WR in the first two rounds.  Get a real weapon.  We don't have nearly enough of those on this team.  True game-changers like Terry Mac.   He's our only one.  Maybe CS can help (if healthy )but Ron certainly didn't give him a ringing endorsement, Humphries was basically a no-show last year.  He added next to nothing.  Brown right now is a massive disappointment that shouldn't be counted on.  He needs time for serious development, which is fine, but there's no way the team should be counting on this guy right now.  And if one of those guys goes down, we're in dire straits at the position again.  Need another stud opposite Terry at the every least.

Agreed. Plus I think Samuel can be the closest to McKissic-esque that Wentz would require

• Like 1

Just now, CommDownMan said:

I see people saying we only have 5 million in cap and several "Washington plans to release Collins".  Has there been an official release there?  Pre or Post June 1st... anything?

Damn! Great point.

I completely forgot about Collins. Perhaps they haven't released him because, despite reports to the contrary, they are still trying to negotiate a restructure.

In the buffalo nickle role (essentially with him playing in the box) Collins has real value to the team. He is also well respected and good in the locker room.

At the right price I'd love to keep him.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait what? Why wouldn’t they be able to cut Landon Collins right now? Haven’t other teams cut their players? 

I'm no cap guru but I believe it has to do with dead money depending when he is cut... Not my forte though, I saw another poster say we can get about 6m cutting outright and 12m designating it as post jun 1

• Thanks 2

I liked McKissic but I'd rather use Gibson in that role and then find a power/grinder back in the draft. We get younger and cheaper that way.RB is a dime a dozen position and you need to be able to cycle guys in and out unless you get a stud like Henry.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Can't do anything until the league year starts tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait what? Why wouldn’t they be able to cut Landon Collins right now? Haven’t other teams cut their players? 

Other players are cut and listed as SFA (Street Free Agents).  These players generally are not held to the March 16th timeline as they become free agents immediately.  But Collins isn't listed.  I wasn't sure if it's cause this isn't fully updated (although they are generally pretty quick) or if we are still negotiating as someone else mentioned.

image.png.c0b78817b92ef14ca234dd9744a33329.png

36 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

I'm not really sure what people are expecting but we only have just over 5mil to spend and we'll still need to sign all our rookies.  We will get a few free agents at some point but unlikely to get any big names due to no money.  

We have closer to 12 with Collins off the books tomorrow. And can easily create more without ruining our future cap situation. That’s not why we aren’t pursuing guys, we aren’t even rumored to be after most of the guys who have signed so far, which to me says we have tier two targets or we’re in on some of these slower developing tier one guys. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I'm no cap guru but I believe it has to do with dead money depending when he is cut... Not my forte though, I saw another poster say we can get about 6m cutting outright and 12m designating it as post jun 1

near 7 mill if pre-June designation and 12 if post-June 1st desingation.  I'm trying trying to understand if it's official.  But it would bump us to 12 pre or 17 post June 1st. 

Basically it's a battle of saving 5 million this year vs next.  With rollover, post June 1st makes sense personally.

image.png.7c4b9fff61e304390dbbd4893e7ad4d2.png

image.png.d8c87757a19c6323abd9d0f3d05dbb1f.png

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

Quaaludes?  You *just* quit using *the* party drug when Jack Pardee was head coach?  Okay, grampa.

You young bucks think you know how to party with your fentanyl overdoses and bath salts face eatings and what not.

I say ho hum.

In my hedonistic prime we had the real deal--  "lemmon 714s" baby chased with Hennessy the "let's have an orgy til we pass out and wake up dumbfounded" pairing of choice.

Ahh those were the good old "daze"....

🙃

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2