Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope this is true below. if I had to choose Williams or Ertz for me it would be Williams 

I like our chances so far.

he’s not going to the lions, they suck and would have to pay him massive money.. 

colts are in a bit turmoil due to wentz and maybe some unhappy players so maybe they are not as attractive as normal 

come RR let’s get this man here !!! 🙏

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Williams is the only FA must have for me. I want a MLB in the draft cause our coaches are here for a while and that's their bag.

Kool where are leaning on MLB in the draft.  Are you thinking second round or trade down.  I really think somebody wants our pick.  If we move down would you go MLB or because of depth would you go BPA and then take Muma or Chidel (|Spelling?) or someone of that nature.  

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats how I feel talking bout the greatest city on the planet too.

Been over 10 years since I've been in Philly.  All this talk is tempting me to see the Wentz return in Philly.  I've never seen a game at that stadium, sounds like its the one road game not to wear Commanders gear.

On another note, we need to root for the FAs who leave to get big money for comp picks

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been over 10 years since I've been in Philly.  All this talk is tempting me to see the Wentz return in Philly.  I've never seen a game at that stadium, sounds like its the one road game not to wear Commanders gear.

On another note, we need to root for the FAs who leave to get big money for comp picks

I could see Scherff ending up in Cincy. I reckon they look to seriously upgrade that OL.

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m sure we will make a signing to offset that.

Damn.

XXX

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Maybe try speaking a couple of double digit win seasons into existence, would ya?

I know you're being facetious  but on the off chance that some soul out there may gain benefit from it I'll make an offering of  this seed...

Manifestation needs to be something that you can potentially control or have a direct effect on.

Dreaming, wishing, hoping and even praying absolutely have their place but actively manifesting something into existence is a process of a different sort.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Damn.

Maybe not i suppose if Scherff gets a mega deal and we lose a few others on mid tier deals. Depends how they balance out/offset. If we sign Williams at FS for example that may offset. Pretty sure there are other factors in the calculation too.

• Like 2

Other notes heading into free agency

Fowler

• Atlanta has made progress in efforts to extend linebacker Foyesade Oluokun, who is one of the biggest risers in free agency. The Falcons are pushing to re-sign him before Wednesday, and he should cost well above $10 million per year. Oluokun was highly productive for the Atlanta defense with a league-leading 192 combined tackles, two sacks, three interceptions and six pass deflections.

• The Seahawks are attempting to re-sign safety Quandre Diggs, who likes it in Seattle and would be open to stay. With Diggs recovering from a broken leg, the Seahawks know his medical situation better than anyone. Diggs is the ideal counterpart to Jamal Adams, who needs a safety valve behind him as he works the line of scrimmage.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 11.47.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 11.47.16 AM.png

• Thanks 2

Someone we should be considering....

• Bears guard James Daniels is becoming a hot name of late. I talked to multiple teams who were high on him due to age (24), positional flexibility (can play guard or center) and mobility. Guards should do pretty well in this class -- many teams need a good one -- and Daniels is no exception.

• Like 2

Oh it’s a pain in the arse watching teams like the Jags, Jets and Colts trying to spend money quicker than Monty Brewster.

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

24 hours to free Agency, any word on restructures, releases or re-signing players? 

Yes, we’ve done a few but we are keeping them from you so that you continue to panic :ols:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Oh it’s a pain in the arse watching teams like the Jags, Jets and Colts trying to spend money quicker than Monty Brewster.

Yes, we’ve done a few but we are keeping them from you so that you continue to panic :ols:

🤣🤣🤣It's doing my head in now buddy 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

The reality with modern FA is that there are stacks of teams loaded with cap space, and they will pay way over the odd to get guys in. We aren’t in that place anymore, or at least I don’t think we are.

Exceptions for me, maybe FS...but do we release Collins on a massive contract to bring another in? Plus, Rivera is desperate at MLB, so we could blow our complete wad to get someone in.

If he gets a QB and MLB, he will say job done for sure.

2 hours ago, redskin301 said:

Why are we not targeting any WRs

We may or may not.  We did sign Samuels last year; so they hoping he's ready to play this year.  The draft is deep in WR; we are  drafting a WR at some point.

What is our current cap space and projected cap space after releasing Collins?  If we convert Wentz's 22 salary into a bonus; that probably can't happen until he's officially a Commander.

2 hours ago, redskin301 said:

Why are we not targeting any WRs

We don't know for sure of course yet.  but here's why I think we'd unlikely spend big on one...

A.  We are about to have two receivers taking big cap room, its rare to have three receivers consuming major cap room

B.  A stacked draft at WR, we have a good shot of taking the top one we like too at 11

C.  Not a lot of cap room

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, MrJL said:

cause we signed one and drafted two last year and most teams don't just chuck guys in the dumpster after one year

Honestly, I'm still not even sure this "Curtis Samuel" person exists. He's the WR equivalent of Bigfoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3