Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah i know hes old, 31.  But he had a good season, 76 catches, 763 yards.  Thomas is coming back from an ACL.  Ertz was Wentz's go to guy at Philly and supposedly closest friend. 

That would help.  I would think he would be on our list.  Wonder if they do a 1 or 2 year deal.  Better benefits in a 2 year deal.  

47 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

OFFICIAL WARNING TO ALL:

Do not expect to see any expensive Commander free agent signings in the first few days of free agency.

Those are Nordstrom, full retail, type deals. A market we are not well positioned for this year.

Expect to see a fair amount of Commanders activity when the Dollar Store opens for business. Generally 3 to 5 days into the process.

Remember: patience is a virtue.

Bruce, is that you? 😜

RR has always shown patience. He gets his guys at his price point.

And some of those decisions have left the team not addressing obvious holes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Amari’s still good and Cleveland gets him for a 5th. It just seems that we have to overpay for anybody we get. It’s frustrating being a fan of this team. 

Cleveland are probably overpaying for him at 20mil to be fair. Amari must want to go there too.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah i know hes old, 31.  But he had a good season, 76 catches, 763 yards.  Thomas is coming back from an ACL.  Ertz was Wentz's go to guy at Philly and supposedly closest friend. 

Complete no brainer...get Ertz in....unless we are trading Wentz for Watson of course :rofl89:

1 hour ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

We wish in Dallas

It likely means extensions for Gallup and Kearse.

Their front office isn’t competent enough to do something smart.

Reuniting him with his old DC.  They are meeting on Monday per reports.  Seems like all things have falling in place for him to sign.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it's safe to say we are zeroing in on Ertz.  With him and Wentz able to play together again and being best of friends, it only makes sense. :)  

Maybe.  I read the Cardinals are trying to resign him, they are running out of time clearly if the idea is to avoid him hitting the market. 

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it's safe to say we are zeroing in on Ertz.  With him and Wentz able to play together again and being best of friends, it only makes sense. :)  

Man get Ertz, Draft best WR in 1st, kenneth Walker in the 2nd and get a MLB and FS in free agency and out Offense and Deffense would be top 10 with top 5 potential. 

• Like 2

Why haven't we re-upped McKissic yet? Is he not a priority? 

Just now, HoggLife said:

Man get Ertz, Draft best WR in 1st, kenneth Walker in the 2nd and get a MLB and FS in free agency and out Offense and Deffense would be top 10 with top 5 potential. 

Yeah, I like the idea of getting Ertz and a top WR in the 1st round. I also like the idea of trading back and getting another 2nd rounder to grab WR, LB, OL in the first 2 rounds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yeah, I like the idea of getting Ertz and a top WR in the 1st round. I also like the idea of trading back and getting another 2nd rounder to grab WR, LB, OL in the first 2 rounds. 

Let's trade back and get a pick or two we had to give up for Wentz.  :) 

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They were inseperable in Philly.

Worked out together, studied the playbook together, slept together on the road and spent all night playing with each other with quizzes on the gameplan until they fell asleep.

Would definitely make Wentz comfortable to be reunited with his favorite receiver.

Get 'er don Ron!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  I read the Cardinals are trying to resign him, they are running out of time clearly if the idea is to avoid him hitting the market. 

Neither one could control their destiny.  Now they can as Wentz is a Commander and Ertz is a FA able to reunite with him.  I'd have to think they have spoken by phone about a reunion together taking it to Philly 2x a year.  What do you think?  :)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Ya I agree we can trade back in the 1st and get a 2nd or 3rd. And we won't need McKissic if we draft Walker. Man a WalkeraGibson combo would be exciting. 

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Amari’s still good and Cleveland gets him for a 5th. It just seems that we have to overpay for anybody we get. It’s frustrating being a fan of this team. 

Yes, but there's way more to this trade....they have to take on his 3 years/ 60 mil contract and we are in no position to do that. Dallas had to settle for a 5th because few teams wanted to take on Coopers contract. He's not worth that kind of money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

They were inseperable in Philly.

Worked out together, studied the playbook together, slept together on the road and spent all night playing with each other with quizzes on the gameplan until they fell asleep.

Would definitely make Wentz comfortable to be reunited with his favorite receiver.

Get 'er don Ron!

The fact they slept together should not be talked about 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Yes, but there's way more to this trade....they have to take on his 3 years/ 60 mil contract and we are in no position to do that. Dallas had to settle for a 5th because few teams wanted to take on Coopers contract. He's not worth that kind of money. 

I just read up on it and that was the jist of the trade....

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Good Morning Football did a segment on McKissic last week.

They said he will have a robust market and they listed him as a top 5 under the radar free agent.

The Skins definitely need to resign him but he knows he's valuable to other teams and he won't come cheap.

11 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Tis the off-season.

I'm cool with the above outside of all the top 10 and top 5 talk. Let's just be competitive.  I do embrace the underdog mentality of this team. We won't trot out with Rodgers, Wilson or Watson. Thats fine by me, sleep on us.

I'm excited for the FA pickups and draft. Undoubtedly we have improved at the most important position and play in a weak division. Let's go!

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Bruce, is that you? 😜

RR has always shown patience. He gets his guys at his price point.

And some of those decisions have left the team not addressing obvious holes.

Agreed, just didn't want to see the forum have a meltdown  if there's a dearth of Commander news the first day. lol