Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2021 - Week 7 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Well here we are. I have a strong feeling we got this. Grilled cheese anyone? 

Okay that felt good... back to reality. :pint:

Rum and coke is on tap for tonight after a long day of work at VA Gold Cup. :)

AGG has been activated. YES. Want to see what he can do. Really want the Taylor with the moxie tomorrow. 

Here is to a good game. :cheers:

• Like 2

I told myself (and others on here) last week that I wouldn't be watching the game tomorrow.  That me and the pregnant fiance are going to go find something else to do and not be around to watch the game. 

Well today we went to Gold Cup and tailgated all day.  And she's exhausted and doesn't want to leave the house tomorrow.

So it looks like I'll be hate-watching this game tomorrow.  I can't be in the house and NOT watch.  I'll be in the thread with you guys, ****ing about everything.  Fully expecting for sheer ugliness and misery tomorrow.  

Maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise and only lose by 20. 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I told myself (and others on here) last week that I wouldn't be watching the game tomorrow.  That me and the pregnant fiance are going to go find something else to do and not be around to watch the game. 

Well today we went to Gold Cup and tailgated all day.  And she's exhausted and doesn't want to leave the house tomorrow.

So it looks like I'll be hate-watching this game tomorrow.  I can't be in the house and NOT watch.  I'll be in the thread with you guys, ****ing about everything.  Fully expecting for sheer ugliness and misery tomorrow.  

Maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise and only lose by 20. 

Such an optimist. 😉😃

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well today we went to Gold Cup and tailgated all day. 

I was there too (running the IT stuff there, if you saw a guy on the golf cart on the race track doing something on each pole that was me). Too bad didn't know you were going, would have definitely hit you up. 

Do you go there for every race?

Btw, really sad about that one horse. :(

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

Just now, zskins said:

I was there too (running the IT stuff there, if you saw a guy on the gold cart on the race track doing something on each pole that was me). Too bad didn't know you were going, would have definitely hit you up. 

Do you go there for every race?

Good times today, beautiful weather.  Did you see Robert Duvall up there?  

A group of buddies and I have been going every fall for years.  Not every race, just the one in October.

• Like 1

Worked all day at the rugby games that the stadium hosted today, team USA got destroyed, 104-14 by New Zealand. 

got back a while ago and now spending the rest of the evening having a couple Jack & cokes at a bar and then some beer at my place to end the night. 

hope we can win tomorrow, but I’m not stupid. We’re getting destroyed....ah well. I’ll have a couple tall boy IPAs as i suffer through the ***-kicking at the hands of Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Good times today, beautiful weather.  Did you see Robert Duvall up there?  

A group of buddies and I have been going every fall for years.  Not every race, just the one in October.

No I didn't but then again I wasn't looking for anyone just busy doing my stuff. My son was there too. He was on the well running the betting machine.

Well if my services are still required next fall I will hit you up and do a meet. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Worked all day at the rugby games that the stadium hosted today, team USA got destroyed, 104-14 by New Zealand. 

got back a while ago and now spending the rest of the evening having a couple Jack & cokes at a bar and then some beer at my place to end the night. 

hope we can win tomorrow, but I’m not stupid. We’re getting destroyed....ah well. I’ll have a couple tall boy IPAs as i suffer through the ***-kicking at the hands of Rodgers. 

The second statement invalidates the first.

• Haha 2

Let's Go Washington. Muster up some damn pride and stick it to the Pack! Just had a few beers tonight with old family friends, catching up on our lives as we hadn't hung in forever. Time is flying by, people, we must stop smell the roses as often as possible.  At least we aren't Daniel Snyder, LOL. Enjoy your day tomorrow peeps! This is probably my favorite thread in here.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

I am driving at 5 am to Vegas to catch our game on tv at the Raiders stadium early then watching the Raiders hopefully beat the Eagles. I’m thinking about wearing a Redskins or WFT shirt but not sure if I’m up for the harassment after what will likely not be a close game at Green Bay.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am driving at 5 am to Vegas to catch our game on tv at the Raiders stadium early then watching the Raiders hopefully beat the Eagles. I’m thinking about wearing a Redskins or WFT shirt but not sure if I’m up for the harassment after what will likely not be a close game at Green Bay.

Thats pretty cool. I bet that's an awesome place to watch football. 

19 minutes ago, zskins said:

When you are hardcore you have to be no matter what the result. It is in the blood. 😊

Dan really knocked the hardcore right out of me.  It wasn’t instant though.  I used to be able to convince myself of a way we could win every week and that Dan got a bad rep but all he wanted to do was win and would spare no expense to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm excited to see certain things and have questions answered. 

Holcomb and Davis is the first thing.

Big day for the Juice and Fuller.

Curl taking every snap at SS. how will McCain handle that?

Will Rodgers crumble at the thought of his WRs being covered by Troy "The Trap" Apke?

Will Patterson run under anyones legs?

Can Heinicke throw the ball 7 feet forward?

Is Reyes the greatest TE ever to grace a football field?

Honestly though, I think the reason that I still enjoy watching is the middle of the D line against the rush and pass. Payne and Allen are absolutely crushing it this season and it's absurd how dominant they are. With Holcomb and Davis getting better and Collins purely in the box, with Curl at SS, we may have completely and finally closed the middle of the defense. Sure, the outside is wide open, as is the mid to deep middle, but that part of the field we have on lock down.

• Like 2