Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2

Koolblue13

The guys who are so anti Taylor… please it’s getting real old!  We get it you don’t like the guy. Fine. It’s almost like you are rooting for losses to justify your hatred for him. Is that fan?

We are who we are in the famous words of Dennis Green. Can we just move on?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When you say this, it’s borderline disrespectful to the overall team and coaching staff for that matter.

TH isn’t providing much entertainment.  I’d go so far as to say he was more entertaining early last season.  For me it hats off to our coordinators for conjuring up complimentary schemes, where offensively they have to grin and bear it.  There are only but so many ways to run the ball and when they throw it often times there are multiple guys D3 open.  Guys like BRob with a gunshot wound just willing his way through guys.  AG holding on to the ball and accepting his new role and thriving. Then you have JDR who had folks calling for his head and the whole unit is playing ball.

Dude the only difference is quarterback. The team loves him including the defense. They play hard for him because he’s a team guy. If you are not entertained by winning then you did pick the right screen name. No one in the NFC is stopping us. TH4 is taking us to the dance. So buckle up and enjoy the best ride we have had since 1991.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

The guys who are so anti Taylor… please it’s getting real old!  We get it you don’t like the guy. Fine. It’s almost like you are rooting for losses to justify your hatred for him. Is that fan?

We are who we are in the famous words of Dennis Green. Can we just move on?

Analysis is not hatred. QB being our number 1 need and Heinicke being the best QB on the roster can be true simultaneously. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude the only difference is quarterback. The team loves him including the defense. They play hard for him because he’s a team guy. If you are not entertained by winning then you did pick the right screen name. No one in the NFC is stopping us. TH4 is taking us to the dance. So buckle up and enjoy the best ride we have had since 1991.

Actually the difference is in the secondary and the run game. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I like TH but be fair: the defense is playing way better after ditching WJ3, the O Line has improved with consistency and shuffling people around, and the RBs have done much better since BRob got healthy.

TH is very much a part of the success. But he's also benefitted timing-wise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

This place would blow to smitherines if we went to the dance with heineke. You know there would still be people in the game thread leading up to the big game saying “that taylor heineke does nothing right and he’s the worst passing QB that I hope will be a starter on another team in the east next year.” 🤣

That being said, I’ll take some of what you’re having. Id love to be wrong but I think eventually they lose a close game in the playoffs. Hope they can steal at least one though. 

1 minute ago, CommanderCarson said:

This place would blow to smitherines if we went to the dance with heineke. You know there would still be people in the game thread leading up to the big game saying “that taylor heineke does nothing right and he’s the worst passing QB that I hope will be a starter on another team in the east next year.” 🤣

That being said, I’ll take some of what you’re having. Id love to be wrong but I think eventually they lose a close game in the playoffs. Hope they can steal at least one though. 

If we win the Super Bowl with Heinicke this year I'm pretty sure @Zim489 is going to commit seppuku.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m entertained by winning for sure.  I’m glad to see guys that I like a lot get to experience the other side of the pro game.  They deserve it for sure.

We just disagree entirely about why they are.

2 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Shall we cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I like TH but be fair: the defense is playing way better after ditching WJ3, the O Line has improved with consistency and shuffling people around, and the RBs have done much better since BRob got healthy.

TH is very much a part of the success. But he's also benefitted timing-wise.

if TH4 goes down I’m rooting just as hard for Wentz or the rookie. The NFC is wide open. We are the hottest team in the nfl and people are complaining about stats in wins. This is such a rare opportunity for us. I am way more confident in this team than the RG3 rookie team. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Analysis is not hatred. QB being our number 1 need and Heinicke being the best QB on the roster can be true simultaneously. 

Nothing wrong with discussing it and analyzing his performance but there are guys who literally act like Heinicke kicked their dog and stole their xmas gifts. Not saying you in particular but after posts after posts about his arm strength or lack there of or how we are winning despite him, it gets extremely old. 

2 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Nah, we’d just convert to the “well, if Dilfer can do it, why not us?” side and be happy about it.

And yes, I’d still want to move on like BMore did. 😂 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

if TH4 goes down I’m rooting just as hard for Wentz or the rookie. The NFC is wide open. We are the hottest team in the nfl and people are complaining about stats in wins. This is such a rare opportunity for us. I am way more confident in this team than the RG3 rookie team. 

Really? I'm convinced if Robert had been lucky enough to stay healthy in 2012, we'd have a fourth Lombardi trophy.

One of the upsides of the offense with Taylor is the heavy emphasis on the run game.   IMO Scott Turner struggled early on with a heavy passing scheme with Wentz at the helm. 

The reason why I defended Turner some last season was I paid close attention to the run scheme when I was at the Raiders game and I noticed I had a hard time predicting the run -- I'd follow for example the TE in motion going to the left and assumed that's where the run was headed but it would go instead to the right -- seemed like he did a nice job of misdirection and decoys.  

And we've gone back to that post Wentz.  Granted to defend Wentz a little, he didn't really have Robinson in his prime, etc.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Yup. There's a reason there's a statue of Nick Foles outside the Linc and yet they're starting Jalen Hurts while Foles isn't even holding a clipboard but is straight up inactive QB3 in Indianapolis.

I genuinely believe there is a chance Heinicke leads us to a Super Bowl this year, in which case I will be first in line for when they unveil his statue mannequin outside FedEx and I'll be first in line on Redskin Commander One to go sign Brady or Carr or Jimmy G when free agency starts. 

Is it crack? Is that what you smoke? You smoke crack? | The Most Popular  Girls In School | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

But that's literally a statistic that you're focusing on. That when Smith fell behind against good teams, he never overcame the deficitd. Overcoming the deficit isn't important. Winning the games at all is important. If the team gets blown out by 2 TDs, is it really that important that the team didn't take a 3 point lead for 2 minutes in the second quarter?

It's nitpicking.

Not being able to overcome a 3 point deficit isn't nitpicking. Every team--EVERY TEAM--falls behind, has mistakes, endures hurdles. Especially in the post-season. Saying that the inability to overcome any of that is not important is...baffling, to say the least. I might even be able to find a post from you criticizing Smith back then for the very thing you claim is unimportant now lol...

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the upsides of the offense with Taylor is the heavy emphasis on the run game.   IMO Scott Turner struggled early on with a heavy passing scheme with Wentz at the helm. 

The reason why I defended Turner some last season was I paid close attention to the run scheme when I was at the Raiders game and I noticed I hard a hard time predicting the run -- I'd follow for example the TE in motion going to the left and assumed that's where the run was headed but it would go instead to the right -- seemed like he did a nice job of misdirection and decoys.  

And we've gone back to that post Wentz.  Granted to defend Wentz a little, he didn't really have Robinson in his prime, etc.  

Good post! Yes we have created an identity on offense. Physical, pound the ball with occasional deep throws, control the time of possession and keep our defense fresh. I realize it’s not modern and fun to watch but I’ll take the wins!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Really? I'm convinced if Robert had been lucky enough to stay healthy in 2012, we'd have a fourth Lombardi trophy.

At that point I’m like this is the beginning of a HoF career. Our QB problems are solved for the next decade minimum and we can get the Lombardis the next few years. Don’t forget Jim Haslett was the d coordinator still. I didn’t have confidence in him at all.  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think this is a fun team but I'm not sure what dance you're talking about.  Best ride since 1991?  Low bar to hurdle there.  

23 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Good post! Yes we have created an identity on offense. Physical, pound the ball with occasional deep throws, control the time of possession and keep our defense fresh. I realize it’s not modern and fun to watch but I’ll take the wins!

No doubt.  This is a Marty ball formula and its working for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think this is a fun team but I'm not sure what dance you're talking about.  Best ride since 1991?  Low bar to hurdle there.  

Best case scenario this is 1999 with the offense and defense flipped. Production wise we’ve seen better offenses with less talent than we currently have at WR/TE/RB 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Not being able to overcome a 3 point deficit isn't nitpicking. Every team--EVERY TEAM--falls behind, has mistakes, endures hurdles. Especially in the post-season. Saying that the inability to overcome any of that is not important is...baffling, to say the least. I might even be able to find a post from you criticizing Smith back then for the very thing you claim is unimportant now lol...

Smith didn't lose any games in 2018 by 3 points. The margins of loss that season were 12 against Indy, 24 against NO, and 24 against the Falcons. We got blown out double digits in every single loss. The only game he was in and lost by a single possession was the Texans game that he lost half his leg to in the 3rd quarter. I think it's fair to not count that one. Did he lose those 3 games because he didn't shortly regain a lead before getting blown out, or did he lose because better teams played better than him? I think it's simple, he lost because those were better teams, and shuffling the order they scored points in wouldn't change that.

So yes, not being able to overcome a 3 point deficit when all losses were blowouts is nitpicking lol. The results have been largely the same, and you have to bend over backwards to find a quirky statistic to separate them.

And you'll be hard pressed to find me complaining about Smith back in the day lol, I was one of his staunchest defenders because Smith clearly had the physical talents to do many great things when looking at his 2017 season. I stubbornly hoped that he would get comfortable in Washington and let the points soar. He never did do that, but he contributed to a lucky 2020 run, so I still respect his style of play. But it doesn't change my greatest complaint about Heinicke. What Alex Smith refused to do, Taylor Heinicke physically cannot do.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1