Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No matter how many times I watched that game I thought it was a bad example of who he wants to be at the next level, personally. I don't like how much he relied on his legs and he wasn't imo throwing it as well as he did in other games. Now, the defense was giving him some funky looks and trying to bait him into things. He didn't fall for them and i guess i have to give him credit for that. But I never liked that game for him really. But pretty much everyone else , Saban included apparently, agrees with you. 

I dont know why I felt like he was late on a bunch of throws. I know I got that from Kurt Warners film session on it so maybe i will rewatch it without him and see how i feel. 

I thought he played a great game *under the circumstances* - against a tough defense that's going to see 3 guys go in the first round tonight, and at least one more in the second round, and even more in later rounds, in an extremely hostile environment.  Daniels did whatever it took, which meant running more while Nabers/Thomas battled with Arnold/McKinstry. Thought he generally played pretty smart ball there. But yes, did see some meh throws.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I've thrown out so many things at this point around this scenario but here's the most likely IMO ...

Raiders send #13, #77, '25 1st, Aiden O'Connell to NE for #3

Raiders send #3, #44 to Washington for #2

Raiders basically trade #13, #44, #77, '25 1st and O'Connell for #2

I hope you enjoy this weekend. You finally got your dream draft and I'd imagine you'll be a bit sad after it's done.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I thought he played a great game *under the circumstances* - against a tough defense that's going to see 3 guys go in the first round tonight, and at least one more in the second round, and even more in later rounds, in an extremely hostile environment.  Daniels did whatever it took, which meant running more while Nabers/Thomas battled with Arnold/McKinstry. Thought he generally played pretty smart ball there. But yes, did see some meh throws.

Jayden was doing what he needed to do to keep LSU in that game with an all time terrible defense trying to stop Milroe and co. He was putting up video game numbers against Bama until code red was called by Saban. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 2

His vision as a runner isn't great though. That's why he gets plastered so often. He doesn't have that sixth sense eyes on the back of his head like the truly elusive elite running QBs have.

I'd rather he focus on just being a great passer first second and third, with his legs as a bonus to pick up cheap first downs here and there and if the defense really effs up pick up an easy 20+ yarder here and there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I've thrown out so many things at this point around this scenario but here's the most likely IMO ...

Raiders send #3, #44 to Washington for #2

So the Raiders somehow get up from 13 to three which isn't easy to say the least, steep price yet don't even need to give up their next highest pick in this draft from the 2nd round?  The Raiders GM would be a legend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Warhead36 said:

His vision as a runner isn't great though. That's why he gets plastered so often. He doesn't have that sixth sense eyes on the back of his head like the truly elusive elite running QBs have.

I'd rather he focus on just being a great passer first second and third, with his legs as a bonus to pick up cheap first downs here and there and if the defense really effs up pick up an easy 20+ yarder here and there.

How many times did he really get plastered this season? That’s a false narrative that his vision is poor. You don’t average over 8 ypc while rushing for over 1000 yards with poor field vision. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather he focus on just being a great Las Vegas Raider first second and third, with his legs as a bonus to pick up cheap first downs here and there and if the defense really effs up pick up an easy 20+ yarder here and there.

fixed it for ya!

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

How many times did he really get plastered this season? That’s a false narrative that his vision is poor. You don’t average over 8 ypc while rushing for over 1000 yards with poor field vision. 

There are literal "highlight" videos of him getting smacked around looking like a Looney Tunes character. Great vision means you can angle and position yourself to minimize damage taken. Lamar Jackson is excellent at this.

His 8 YPC is because he has incredible straight line speed and was great at destroying bad college defenses that were in bad coverages that he could take advantage of.

There are literal "highlight" videos of him getting smacked around looking like a Looney Tunes character. Great vision means you can angle and position yourself to minimize damage taken. Lamar Jackson is excellent at this.

His 8 YPC is because he has incredible straight line speed and was great at destroying bad college defenses that were in bad coverages that he could take advantage of.

Dude, no just no. :lol: didn’t you also say he lacked elusiveness too? Believe what you want to believe but his film says otherwise. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Raiders basically trade #13, #44, #77, '25 1st and O'Connell for #2

I can definitely see this going down.  Call me crazy but I'd be stoked for an O'Connell-Mariota 2024.  Heck we wouldn't even be able to get one of the touted WRs in this draft but who would give a crap?  Bring me O'Connell and lets take our chances with the already regarded "meh" 2025 QB class. 

Season ticket sales would be fire.    🔥

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Dude, no just no. :lol: didn’t you also say he lacked elusiveness too? Believe what you want to believe but his film says otherwise. 

Yeah, I don’t quite understand why a handful of big hits equate to a lack of elusiveness and poor field vision. He is an unbelievable runner for a qb. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Darrell Green's number (28) getting retired. LOVE to see this. 

For those that haven't ventured beyond this thread today @DCGoldPants started a thread devoted to this historic event.

There's a video of the team and Green's extended family surprising Darrel with the news, that every fan MUST watch.

Just an incredible moment captured for posterity.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

He isn't elusive at the level needed to be truly elite. His strength is straight line speed. Give him an angle and he's gonna get 20 yards easily, and he can destroy man coverage that doesn't account for him. I just don't know if any of that will translate well to the dominant NFL mobile QBs, where quickness and wiggle are more important than straight line speed. He also runs very upright, and his thin frame means he'll never break tackles like a Hurts or Allen.

There are literal "highlight" videos of him getting smacked around looking like a Looney Tunes character.

Those 'highlight' videos are all the same four tackles - FSU ("the hurdle"), Miss. St. (tackler ejected for targeting), Ole Miss ("Sonic Rings"), and Alabama (roughing that should have been targeting). So tired of seeing those same four clips as the entire body of evidence that Daniels can't protect himself or has no vision.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

He IMO has very good vision.   Forgot what evaluator said it, but one of them said has the best vision in this class.    Not that I needed to hear it from him -- easy to see with his decision making.  I've killed Darnold, Rosen, Trubisky as trade-FA targets because IMHO watching them, it wasn't hard to see they couldn't see the field.

Daniels is an electric runner and is elusive as heck -- not straight lined. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He isn't elusive at the level needed to be truly elite. His strength is straight line speed. Give him an angle and he's gonna get 20 yards easily, and he can destroy man coverage that doesn't account for him. I just don't know if any of that will translate well to the dominant NFL mobile QBs, where quickness and wiggle are more important than straight line speed. He also runs very upright, and his thin frame means he'll never break tackles like a Hurts or Allen.

the man coverage stuff which someone else posted on.

the #1 QB QBR wise in zone in college was Daniels.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He isn't elusive at the level needed to be truly elite. His strength is straight line speed.

He also runs very upright, and his thin frame means he'll never break tackles like a Hurts or Allen.

If this were actually true, Daniels wouldn't have led all Power 5 QBs *and* RBs in forced missed tackles per rush attempt, and he wouldn't have been 3rd among the same group in yards per rush attempt after contact.

He makes people miss. He breaks tackles. 

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Come on man. Let us have some fun. You are like my mother coming in and slapping my hand for playing video games instead of doing my homework. 

Exactly, one a few hours left to throw some trade scenarios out there.

**** it….one last time, we’re trading up to #1 for Caleb. Have that suckers. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Listening to a guy who covers the NFL East, forgot his name, for some periodical, was on 980

His point more or less was he doesn't know what Peters does.  But when asking evalautors he knows around the league, they told him Daniels is clearly the #2 best QB in this class so he's assume this team feels the same way but isn't sure.

He said people are all over the map about McCarthy from the people he's spoken to.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't take Brock Purdy #2 overall

Unless you know for a fact he's actually Brock Purdy, which is impossible, but the current Brock Purdy, is worth a #2 overall pretty easily (especially if he was on the first year of his rookie contract). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

Unless you know for a fact he's actually Brock Purdy, which is impossible, but the current Brock Purdy, is worth a #2 overall pretty easily (especially if he was on the first year of his rookie contract). 

You heard it here first folks, we're trading #2 for Purdy. Told you GMAP would Purdy the draft again!  🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I still wouldn't if there are other QBs with superstar potential. Purdy is crap once he's not on a rookie contract.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to a guy who covers the NFL East, forgot his name, for some periodical, was on 980

His point more or less was he doesn't know what Peters does.  But when asking evalautors he knows around the league, they told him Daniels is clearly the #2 best QB in this class so he's assume this team feels the same way but isn't sure.

He said people are all over the map about McCarthy from the people he's spoken to.

Back to we don't and won't know until the pick or (if the most incredible trade in NFL history is made to acquire someone which I highly doubt) is made when we are on the clock at #2.  Pretty simple.  We know when the Commish calls out the #2 pick.  :)