Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

The Heinicke fans are rabid, Heinicke isn't a problem but we can't have 30,000 people shouting HEINICKE while Sam is trying to lead the offense. Wentz seems to be mentally fragile but those Heinicke chants at home against the Browns didn't do much to help his confidence.

Context matters. In the Browns game it was a must win game. Before Wentz got hurt he wasn't as good as people had hoped for. Taylor comes in and they start winning again. This is what the fans are seeing. The first half of the Browns game was not good until the end of 2nd Qtr with that long scoring drive. But that was still not good enough since we weren't' winning against the Browns of all the teams. So the chanting for Taylor was warranted whether some liked it or not. 

Now, as I have said before, we had an elite QB that would not be happening. We haven't had an elite franchise QB like forever. Well we almost did with RG3 and maybe Kirk outside of that no one really to root for in the last 25+ years. So I don't blame the fans in the stadium. I blame the toxic owner who kept on getting retreads in an effort to win the SB every year instead of trying to build a real team and a franchise.

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

Context matters. In the Browns game it was a must win game. Before Wentz got hurt he wasn't as good as people had hoped for. Taylor comes in and they start winning again. This is what the fans are seeing. The first half of the Browns game was not good until the end of 2nd Qtr with that long scoring drive. But that was still not good enough since we weren't' winning against the Browns of all the teams. So the chanting for Taylor was warranted whether some liked it or not. 

Now, as I have said before, we had an elite QB that would not be happening. We haven't had an elite franchise QB like forever. Well we almost did with RG3 and maybe Kirk outside of that no one really to root for in the last 25+ years. So I don't blame the fans in the stadium. I blame the toxic owner who kept on getting retreads in an effort to win the SB every year instead of trying to build a real team and a franchise.

You can't do that with us and a QB.  The closest we've had to a franchise QB in my lifetime was Theisman. Mark Rypien was only the undisputed started on the team for maybe two years  When we had Jurgenson in the 70s fans called for Kilmer.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

You can't do that with us and a QB.  The closest we've had to a franchise QB in my lifetime was Theisman. Mark Rypien was only the undisputed started on the team for maybe two years  When we had Jurgenson in the 70s fans called for Kilmer.

That was so long ago and in a galaxy far far away lol

I was thinking more like after the SB run. Actually to be exact after Snyder bought the team. 

9 hours ago, MrJL said:

To be fair to Jurgy that was only after he was injured. Sonny was the man from 1964 to 1971. Then he was injured while George Allen was HC who brought in Billy Kilmer. 

But the overall point is true it's been dacades since we have had a true franchise QB. Hopefully if Sam H is not the guy, I hope new ownership can figure that one out. It could be the catalist to bringing back ald fans and bringing in new ones. 

• Like 2

If Howell wins the starting job and I hope he does I do not care if TH is his backup he has always been a back up, stated in a interview the NFL backup is a great job, if he cannot start.  Some Afraid of TH looking over Howell's shoulder, Just like Kirk looking over RG3 and getting rid of him at times.  The QB has to earn it no matter who the backup is. No jinx to it, the backup has been better than the starters brought in.  Lets move on.

The major Howell supporters worry about the “Heineke impact” should worry about Ron maybe allowing EB to draft a QB in round 4 to 6 in this upcoming draft.

That’s some real heat. I want all the smoke for Howell, fastest and easiest way to find out about the dude. If you can apply some legitimate competition at a cheap rate, that’s a great mix to me. 

Im all in on Howell due to mobility and cost. Everything else is wait and see.

Side not: Slight concern EB won’t use Howells run ability through play design and lean on experience with how Mahomes impacted games with his legs. The young QB benefits greatly from consistent designed runs. 

Edited by wit33

Could care less what happens to TH as long as he is NOT QB1 come September. Give Sam the riegns and see what he's got. I guess they could make a splash for a FA QB but I really hope not. Give Sam every opportunity to be the man. As for TH looking over his sholder, who cares. If Sam can't handle that pressure then you have your answer as to if he is the long trerm solutioln. Move on.

But letting TH go would not bother me either. He may get more money somewhere else where thier QB room is also questionable. May also be a better chance to play. Keep him, let him go, I literally do not care.

I would bring in a veteran back-up either way. Just need some insurance. I would hope TH is not the only answer. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Conn said:

got his ass 

But did he "do the the things he tried to do"?

Man, Rivera is a stand up guy for not blasting his players & coaches in public but sometimes attempting to be nice is so much more insulting than just being like "yeah, it didn't work out."

So Kirk left from worst to first.:ols:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2023-jalen-carter-falls-after-being-issued-arrest-warrant-ravens-trade-lamar-jackson-take-qb/

NFL Players Association team report cards: Commanders get failing grade, Vikings ranked No. 1

Players came down hard on Daniel Snyder's Commanders

INDIANAPOLIS — After getting responses from nearly 1,300 NFL players this year, the NFL Players Association has put together its first-ever team report cards from players who evaluate all clubs' treatment of players.

When the survey results are released Wednesday afternoon, players and teams will learn that the Washington Commanders rank last in the NFL in this first-ever report card.

"Besides the strength coaches who received great feedback and grades as one of the best groups in the league," the NFLPA states, "the rest of the club's operations and facilities were rated by player respondents at the bottom of every single category."

Those categories include: treatment of families, food service/nutrition, weight room, strength coaches, training room, training staff, locker room and team travel.

The Minnesota Vikings were the top-ranked team, followed by the Miami Dolphins and Las Vegas Raiders. The Los Angeles Chargers ranked 30th, followed by the Arizona Cardinals, with the Commanders rounding out the bottom.

The Commanders received an "F" for treatment of families and "F-minuses" in training room, locker room and team travel.

The NFLPA isn't demanding action take place, per se. But union president JC Tretter says the actionable items will be rather clear.

"I'm not expecting teams to knock down their facilities and rebuild them in the next three months," Tretter said. "But some of the clear choices where you just have to decide are we going to treat players better? These can be fixed very, very quickly and we'll be able to figure out whether it is being cheap or it is ignorance, that'll be solved in Year 2 for sure.

"It's going to be very clear what the next steps should be. if you're unwilling to take those steps then that tells us a lot going into the following year."

The survey found that three teams don't provide dinners for players on work days. Six teams don't give players first-class seats when they travel, and seven teams have their players room with teammates at hotels on road trips.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 2.34.22 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So Kirk left from worst to first.:ols:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2023-jalen-carter-falls-after-being-issued-arrest-warrant-ravens-trade-lamar-jackson-take-qb/

NFL Players Association team report cards: Commanders get failing grade, Vikings ranked No. 1

Players came down hard on Daniel Snyder's Commanders

INDIANAPOLIS — After getting responses from nearly 1,300 NFL players this year, the NFL Players Association has put together its first-ever team report cards from players who evaluate all clubs' treatment of players.

When the survey results are released Wednesday afternoon, players and teams will learn that the Washington Commanders rank last in the NFL in this first-ever report card.

"Besides the strength coaches who received great feedback and grades as one of the best groups in the league," the NFLPA states, "the rest of the club's operations and facilities were rated by player respondents at the bottom of every single category."

Those categories include: treatment of families, food service/nutrition, weight room, strength coaches, training room, training staff, locker room and team travel.

The Minnesota Vikings were the top-ranked team, followed by the Miami Dolphins and Las Vegas Raiders. The Los Angeles Chargers ranked 30th, followed by the Arizona Cardinals, with the Commanders rounding out the bottom.

The Commanders received an "F" for treatment of families and "F-minuses" in training room, locker room and team travel.

The NFLPA isn't demanding action take place, per se. But union president JC Tretter says the actionable items will be rather clear.

"I'm not expecting teams to knock down their facilities and rebuild them in the next three months," Tretter said. "But some of the clear choices where you just have to decide are we going to treat players better? These can be fixed very, very quickly and we'll be able to figure out whether it is being cheap or it is ignorance, that'll be solved in Year 2 for sure.

"It's going to be very clear what the next steps should be. if you're unwilling to take those steps then that tells us a lot going into the following year."

The survey found that three teams don't provide dinners for players on work days. Six teams don't give players first-class seats when they travel, and seven teams have their players room with teammates at hotels on road trips.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 2.34.22 PM.png

Damnit, stop trying to show why it’s harder for us to get free agents. I was told this was a destination!

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Damnit, stop trying to show why it’s harder for us to get free agents. I was told this was a destination!

Shocked people think this matters much to the 26 year old lol. Dudes sign before seeing a facility in some cases lol

Edited by wit33

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This reminds me of some of the heineke discussion. No one, even @wit33 is suggesting we are the most attractive place for FAs. He’s not. Read what is actually being said.

Money is and always will be a huge driver. So is the coach in place and the team of people on board to recruit said player. So is the vision for that player and what the surrounding pieces on the roster already  will enable them to do. Same with scheme. There are a ton of variables at play, but money will always be a huge driver and it’s why when we want someone (Norman, DJAX, Pierre, Terry, J Allen, etc) will sign here. 

It’s kind of silly cause you’re missing the point and then throwing shade at that person. Can’t stand it. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, wit33 said:

Shocked people think this masters to the 26 year old lol. Dudes sign before seeing a facility in some cases lol

It matters to the agents and families. 100%. Thinking it doesn’t is really odd.

Facilities matter to middle school children playing modified athletics. 

So does success.

Really odd take.

Just now, CommanderCarson said:

This reminds me of some of the heineke discussion. No one, even @wit33 is suggesting we are the most attractive place for FAs. He’s not. Read what is actually being said.

Money is and always will be a huge driver. So is the coach in place and the team of people on board to recruit said player. So is the vision for that player and what the surrounding pieces on the roster already  will enable them to do. Same with scheme. There are a ton of variables at play, but money will always be a huge driver and it’s why when we want someone (Norman, DJAX, Pierre, Terry, J Allen, etc) will sign here. 

It’s kind of silly cause you’re missing the point and then throwing shade at that person. Can’t stand it. 

I didn’t mention wit. He responded. I responded to him. But I mean that in general and not just any one person. Money matters. We don’t have it. 

The other things matter, too. We don’t have them.

”can’t stand it”. Okay. I can’t stand a lot of your takes but they are yours. :)

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1