Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Like he did with Kyler Murray? Not sure Kingsbury is as good as advertised based on his success with Murray. 

Kyler is 5’10” and doesn’t watch film. I’d say it’s a bit different even if I’m not as high on Daniels as seemingly the rest of the world 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

So who are the last 3 “slim” QBs that have had a good career of 10yrs+?

If by “slim” you mean small:

Fran Tarkenton

Doug Flutie

There’s this fella you may have heard of named Joe Theismann (rhymes w Heisman ;)

if you mean actually slim:

Randall Cunningham, not comparable though

Edited by stoshuaj

21 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Unless a team believes Penix or Nix fits their system and can be serviceable. Look what the 49ers have done with an elite team around a serviceable QB. With that many high drafts picks, you can really build a highly talented team around your QB and win a bunch of games. I’m not advocating this choice, just saying that it’s not an unheard of possibility.

It’s a vanishingly small chance at an extremely low percentage play. Drafting a top QB is also a low percentage play, yes—but it’s the best chance you have. Purposely settling for a QB outside that top-10ish talent bar just lowers your odds to hit a ton. 

Penix will probably go top-20 because teams are desperate. Nix won’t be a 1st round pick. You’d have to really hate winning football games and playoff games to purposely trade out of the premium QB picks for one of these lesser prospects in the mid-1st to mid-2nd. It’s not viable unless you get extremely lucky. The 49ers built an incredible roster and if they didn’t absolutely luck out with Purdy as a late round pick they would all be well on their way to getting fired with no answer forthcoming at QB. Again it’s not viable because you can’t plan for it, you luck into it. You can’t purposely hit on a QB between the 2nd and 7th rounds, it’s luck. And you’re even lucky if a mid-1st round QB hits. Hell you’re lucky (but less lucky) if a top-5 pick QB hits. But these things come in degrees, and you’d be absolutely crazy not to take the swing on the blue chip prospect in the top-3 when you have the chance, you may not draft that highly again for a decade if our FO is remotely competent. It’s extremely hard to be that bad. We’re extremely lucky to be in this position and the stars really had to align for us to be here at #2, even with the team totally quitting on Rivera and lacking in talent we barely did it. 

Edited by Conn

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I dunno. Wasn't Vick something like 6'0 215? He was pretty solid.

Yea, I think playing weight was 210-215. Stockier, but shorter than Jayden.

I'm reaching, cuz I can't think of any 6 foot 2, 190 pound Qbs...

Doug Flutie played at 180 pounds and lasted awhile...

Full text:

My thoughts on the draft landscape right now for #Raiders:

- Williams and Daniels go 1/2

- Reportedly NE asking price is a touch below the RG3 trade (1st, 2nd current year, 2 future 1st)

- Off Chance that Drake goes 2 then it’s bidding war between NYG, LV, and MIN to move up

- MIN or NYG could move up to 4 if Arizona is willing to risk out on Marvin Harrison

- Assuming Daniels is gone at 2, probably CB/OT or trade down at 13

- Likely trade back up later for Penix or Nix. LV high on Penix per league view

Edited by Dah-Dee

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt they'd penalize them draft picks this close to the draft. That would completely eff up their strategy. My guess is 2025 picks if anything but probably a fine.

They could switch picks. Minny gets Atlanta’s 8th pick and Atlanta gets either 11 or 23. 

Eagles and Cardinals did that with the tampering over their head coach and that was done right before draft started.

43 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Like he did with Kyler Murray? Not sure Kingsbury is as good as advertised based on his success with Murray. 

That's a pessimistic view but to each his own. We have Kingsbury now so we need to see what he can do....Murray hasn't been all bad in Arizona. I'm not a big Kingsbury fan but whoever this draft analyst was on the Sheehan show today was said the combo of Daniels/Kingsbury is gonna be insane. I'll go with that. Hail.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s a vanishingly small chance at an extremely low percentage play. Drafting a top QB is also a low percentage play, yes—but it’s the best chance you have. Purposely settling for a QB outside that top-10ish talent bar just lowers your odds to hit a ton. 

Penix will probably go top-20 because teams are desperate. Nix won’t be a 1st round pick. You’d have to really hate winning football games and playoff games to purposely trade out of the premium QB picks for one of these lesser prospects in the mid-1st to mid-2nd. It’s not viable unless you get extremely lucky. The 49ers built an incredible roster and if they didn’t absolutely luck out with Purdy as a late round pick they would all be well on their way to getting fired with no answer forthcoming at QB. Again it’s not viable because you can’t plan for it, you luck into it. You can’t purposely hit on a QB between the 2nd and 7th rounds, it’s luck. And you’re even lucky if a mid-1st round QB hits. Hell you’re lucky (but less lucky) if a top-5 pick QB hits. 

I agree. It does lessen the chance you hit on one. But, it’s also possible a team ranks the QBs vastly different than conventional thought. I’m sure at least one team has Penix ranked #3, we just don’t hear about it. Side note - don’t sleep on the Broncos drafting Bo Nix somewhere in the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, illone said:

Another clip, probably same interview discussing JJ:

So JJ is a big team guy with all the intangibles and Daniels takes big hits but hasn't been seriously hurt yet. Has been taking out of games but not all season ✍️✔️  This is what I got out of this ...yes I'm biased. Haha 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalu44 said:

I agree. It does lessen the chance you hit on one. But, it’s also possible a team ranks the QBs vastly different than conventional thought. I’m sure at least one team has Penix ranked #3, we just don’t hear about it. Side note - don’t sleep on the Broncos drafting Bo Nix somewhere in the 1st round. 

Whoever drafts Penix will probably say that they had Penix as a top 3 QB, sure. We’ll never know because he’s not going that high. 

Allbright is very plugged into the Broncos and thinks they can get Nix in the 2nd round if they want him, and won’t need to reach in the 1st. Anything can happen of course. Maybe they trade back to later in the 1st and then take him. They’re already outside the range for the higher hit rate QB’s so if they’re going to reach on a guy they like, anyways, that’s a good time to trade back. 

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Edited by NYSkins21
My phone geeked out. Multiple posts.

Vick was also one of the most elusive dudes I've ever seen. He regularly juked guys out of their shoes so he was actually pretty decent at not taking a lot of big hits.

He was but I think we also have to take into account that the league has softened quite a bit since Vick. They protect the QB a great deal more.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He mentioned in his interview a nutrionist is working with him to put on another 10-15 pounds but was told to do it gradually.

You are the weight lifter here, any thoughts what you would do on that front?

I’m reminded here of when I was asked to put on weight. High calories, protein shakes, low reps/heavier weights etc etc. After close to a year I’d lost 2 pounds …

Those were the days.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

He was but I think we also have to take into account that the league has softened quite a bit since Vick. They protect the QB a great deal more since Vick.

He was but I think we also have to take into account that the league has softened quite a bit since Vick. They protect the QB a great deal more.

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

Nathan Fillion GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

lol…so everyone on earth apparently hears that the vast majority of coaches, scouts, and GM’s think Daniels should go at #2, no question. McShay even says not a single person he talked to preferred Maye. But this guy says that the trade offers for 3 go up substantially if Maye is there compared to Daniels. Umm something doesn’t track there. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol…so everyone on earth apparently hears that the vast majority of coaches, scouts, and GM’s think Daniels should go at #2, no question. McShay even says not a single person he talked to preferred Maye. But this guy says that the trade offers for 3 go up substantially if Maye is there compared to Daniels. Umm something doesn’t track there. 

Draft night can't get here fast enough, the crazy is at an all time high. One weird tweeter says A, another weird tweeter says B:

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

"QB Guru John Beck"

Whenever I'm talking with less internet savvy people.. | Blade runner,  Sentido del humor, Imagen real

"...All these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain...

Time to die." (Dove released and free at last it flies away towards the heavens.)

One of the most poignant moments in cinema.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

ol…so everyone on earth apparently hears that the vast majority of coaches, scouts, and GM’s think Daniels should go at #2, no question. McShay even says not a single person he talked to preferred Maye. But this guy says that the trade offers for 3 go up substantially if Maye is there compared to Daniels. Umm something doesn’t track there. 

Yep it either means Maye is the true number 2 in most teams eyes or that the Giants/Vikings prefer Daniels. My guess is that they want Daniels and someone planted a seed to make it seem like passing on Maye would be idiotic (maybe it is). I have a hard time believing the collusion it would take for so many sources around the league believe Daniels is number 2 and report it out that way but who knows. 

• Thanks 1