Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Going Commando said:

I don't want Daniels here at all, I am 100% a Maye guy, but stuff like this happening is part of why I don't like it when we go off the beaten path.  We gain nothing by alienating players and agents.  Maybe Jayden has never been our guy.  I certainly have never even remotely believed he was our best choice.  But what if this had happened, and he actually was our only good choice?

We should have picked our guy by now, and we should be spending our time developing a partnership and rapport between him and our FO and coaching staff, like KC did with Mahomes.  And they didn't even have a high draft pick at the time all of that happened.  QB-HC-GM relationship is not an adversarial relationship where the QB must pass all sorts of tests and succeed in spite of what his franchise puts him through.  It's a true partnership, and QB prospects do need a lot of support and commitment from their teams.

You are hiring a guy for 1 of 32 jobs in the world at his position. He can potentially setup his family and great grandkids with the money he will earn if he performs. Yet you are telling the employer how he has to conduct the interview. Suggesting we are alienating the prospect.

Who cares if he is alienated? This job has the most scrutiny and if he can’t handle a round of top golf with his peers and needs to publicly vent through his agent on Twitter just like he did through his mom in the media in college, then we don’t need him. It’s not complicated 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

JD has mentioned multiple times that he want to go to a team who believes in him. That Team is the Raiders. If Commanders draft JD, I don’t think it will come across the way JD would like. I think JD wants the Commanders to basically come out and say he is their guy and they are drafting him. That is the type of feeling JD craves. He doesn’t want to be interviewed with a bunch of other QBs. That signals to him that the Commanders are not 100% sold on him and are still weighing options. Let him go to the Raiders then, no big deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kalu44 said:

JD has mentioned multiple times that he want to go to a team who believes in him. That Team is the Raiders. If Commanders draft JD, I don’t think it will come across the way JD would like. I think JD wants the Commanders to basically come out and say he is their guy and they are drafting him. That is the type of feeling JD craves. He doesn’t want to be interviewed with a bunch of other QBs. That signals to him that the Commanders are not 100% sold on him and are still weighing options. Let him go to the Raiders then, no big deal. 

Well then he's just a big baby

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Why would we tell him (or anyone else) we're not picking him?

Why not? If we made the decision that there are only two players that we would be happy with and we are not trading out of that spot and he’s not one of those two players… If you’ve made your decision on who you are going to hire, you tell the other candidates that they’re not getting the job. 

1 minute ago, Kalu44 said:

This I can see. Chicago has rolled out the red carpet for Caleb - they took him to a separate dinner than the other Top 30 visitors and he had dinner with a bunch of current Bears players.

Jayden could be watching that treatment and feel put off that we're not doing the same for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Then it sounds like he needs to grow up and put his big boy pants on. That's not the way the adult world works.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It might be Maye but this story is likely to quickly go away. He also liked this tweet. basically disagreeing with Florio’s take …

image.thumb.png.5d30924e82b6a9072e994fa36efd40f1.png

I'm lost here?

How does an agent posting a video criticizing our interview process on the front page of his professional X profile without any comment whatsoever suggest that he disagrees with that video?

• Like 2

Now that the pre-draft process is officially over, Jayden's agent is trying to engineer him going to Vegas.

The agent told Jayden to go thru the process with all the teams, especially Washington, and once he was done to let him know how he felt. Jayden confirmed his leaning, and the agent said okay I'll try to make it happen. That effort is now unfolding.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Now that the pre-draft process is officially over, Jayden's agent is trying to engineer him going to Vegas.

The agent told Jayden to go thru the process with all the teams, especially Washington, and once he was done to let him know how he felt. Jayden confirmed his leaning, and the agent said okay I'll try to make it happen. That effort is now unfolding.

That's quite the stretch, but hey I'm good with it. He's gonna be a colossal bust in Vegas. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Or Maye’s agent got a sense that his client will be the pick and word spread and Daniel’s agent is trying to change the narrative. Either way works for me. Disaster seemingly averted 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The simplest explanation might just be that the agent's an idiot lol

I liked your spy novel better. 😆

Think this is overblown. Jayden is 38 years old. I’m sure he can conduct himself in a mature manner. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

But there's zero guarantee that the Pats will be willing to move all the way down to 13, especially if they want a QB. McCarthy is almost certain to be gone by then. An agent can't force a team to trade down, especially down that far.

• Like 1

I bet the Patriots told Jayden he would be the pick at 3 and they believe in him. They probably told Drake Maye the same thing (why not?)

So, when you contrast that with going to top golf with 20 people, it’s certainly possible he’s annoyed at the Commanders process and told his agent as much.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

But there's zero guarantee that the Pats will be willing to move all the way down to 13, especially if they want a QB. McCarthy is almost certain to be gone by then. An agent can't force a team to trade down, especially down that far.

Pierce could have told the agent he has a Godfather offer ready but Washington is committed to picking at 2 while NE seems open for business.

Or maybe it's not as rigidly pro-Vegas as it is anti-Washington (for whatever reason(s)).

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its possible the agent is unhappy about the process but Daniels still passes the test.

I mean I hope y'all are right, and that Daniels just failed whatever we were testing for and ends up not being the pick, but I think this is a lot of hubbub over what will ultimately be nothing.

WarHead you should be doing cartwheels dude!

This is real.

Anybody trying to minimize it who thinks that this won't affect who we will draft is practicing wishful thinking.

We may well still draft Daniels, but the odds that at the end of the road Maye is wearing burgundy and gold just flew through the roof.

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Pierce could have told the agent he has a Godfather offer ready but Washington is committed to picking at 2 while NE seems open for business.

Or maybe it's not as rigidly pro-Vegas as it is anti-Washington (for whatever reason(s)).

That's gotta be one hell of an offer to move from 13 to 3. The Niners gave up three 1sts+ to move from 12 to 3. I'd guess the Pats would want even more.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think the team that may be behind this mayhem is Mara's Giants-- the team that was with Daniels and his agent before he flew here.

They want Daniels, but even more they don't want us to get him.

If Daniels makes it to the 3rd pick look for the Giants to trade for him and for the Patriots to draft JJ at 6.

• Like 1