Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

24 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I love Maye as a prospect too, but it's crazy how many don't want to hear all the positives coming out about Daniels. Apparently next level when it comes to work-ethic and leadership, according to the people who have actually worked with him. "Committed to the game and one of the finest young men I have ever worked with" according to Scott Pioli. But on this thread, he's dismissed as an aloof diva.  

I am one of the rare guys that will be genuinely happy with either of them. Daniels scares me with his body type. But there is no doubt that watching him rip off 60 yard runs will be electric in the stadium. Anyone else remember that 70 yarder RG3 ripped off against Minny? That place was rocking. Maybe the loudest I ever heard in the cesspool we call Fedex Field. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It would be cool if after all the fuss, both Maye and Daniels became studs and Caleb Williams was the biggest bust in the draft. 

And equally as cool if JJ was a bust just as karma for the ones here calling for us to draft him at 2.

Or they are all busts and we spent way too much time worrying about which loser we would waste the pick on. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Daniels didn't get hurt in the SEC, which is the closest thing to the NFL.

And based on the reports on his work ethic and intelligence -- the best reports in the draft -- you gotta think he knows he can't put himself at risk. 

But yeah, his frame concerns me too.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why is Harbaugh out there banging the drum so hard for McCarthy and I can’t say I’ve heard a peep out of him about oh, let’s say Blake Corum.

Cause is JJ goes off the board at 4 he can pick whoever he wants at 5. It’s smart business honestly. Crafty old man (who is actually younger than his brother????) 

• Like 2

Just now, Llevron said:

Cause is JJ goes off the board at 4 he can pick whoever he wants at 5. It’s smart business honestly. Crafty old man (who is actually younger than his brother????) 

Wouldn't it be better for JJ to be there at 5 so a QB needy team could send a ton of picks to the Chargers, who have a ton of needs?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am one of the rare guys that will be genuinely happy with either of them. Daniels scares me with his body type. But there is no doubt that watching him rip off 60 yard runs will be electric in the stadium. Anyone else remember that 70 yarder RG3 ripped off against Minny? That place was rocking. Maybe the loudest I ever heard in the cesspool we call Fedex Field. 

I am one of the rare guys that will be genuinely happy with either of them.

Daniels is my preferred pick, but I'm there right along with you, brother!

In fact I'll even admit I'll be happy if we end up with  JJ or Penix too. 

Now if we get to the Bo Nix, and Rattler level before we take a qb that's a different story. That'd take a huge leap of faith and suspension of disbelief to get me on board, but I hope that I'd at least give it the old college try all the same.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Or they are all busts and we spent way too much time worrying about which loser we would waste the pick on. 

No! Bad! Stop it! 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Wouldn't it be better for JJ to be there at 5 so a QB needy team could send a ton of picks to the Chargers, who have a ton of needs?

Or that. That’s a great option for them too honestly. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

And I always enjoy listening to Jay talk ball. Has a pretty good rep as a talent evaluator too. 

He really doesn’t.  He wanted to spend a 4th round pick on Quinn and Doug Williams of all people talked him out of it.

Hes a failure and a Baffoon and why our local media are intent on giving him an image rehab is beyond me.

Detroit media didn’t give Matt Millen a rehab after he sucked when he was fired after being bad.

Total dumbass know nothing nepo-baby fool.  

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Daniels didn't get hurt in the SEC, which is the closest thing to the NFL.

And based on the reports on his work ethic and intelligence -- the best reports in the draft -- you gotta think he knows he can't put himself at risk. 

But yeah, his frame concerns me too.

These are all potentially season ending hits in the NFL he took at LSU:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He really doesn’t.  He wanted to spend a 4th round pick on Quinn and Doug Williams of all people talked him out of it.

Hes a failure and a Baffoon and why our local media are intent on giving him an image rehab is beyond me.

Detroit media didn’t give Matt Millen a rehab after he sucked when he was fired after being bad.

Total dumbass know nothing nepo-baby fool.  

Geez. Was it your girlfriend he was macking on in that infamous video?

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Defintely favor Maye hes the golfer

Are they drinking? They are all over 21. I don’t think Maye drinks according to his coach. That’s one knock on him but how do you go to top golf and not drink? 

• Haha 5

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Are they drinking? They are all over 21. I don’t think Maye drinks according to his coach. That’s one knock on him but how do you go to top golf and not drink? 

Dude definitely needs a beer. Will calm him down -- could help him throw with touch instead of lasers all the time, improve his accuracy. Most people don't know that TB12's smoothies always had a shot of vodka in them. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Here is that run I was talking about above for you younger fans. Although I am not really sure younger people use message boards anymore. :)

That offense took the league by storm. The second half of the season we were an unstoppable force. We ran over everyone and then when they’d stack the box we had great receivers to throw to. This gets me excited about the possibility with Jayden, if he is the pick then give him Brandon Aiyuk to go along with Tmac, Dotson, Robinson, Ekler, and Ertz. Find a decent left tackle in the draft and the offense could be fun and formidable 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Here is that run I was talking about above for you younger fans. Although I am not really sure younger people use message boards anymore. :)

This season was so much fun. We were crushing the seahawks before he got injured. I think we would’ve won the superbowl if the injury didn’t happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Dude definitely needs a beer. Will calm him down -- could help him throw with touch instead of lasers all the time, improve his accuracy. Most people don't know that TB12's smoothies always had a shot of vodka in them. 

What’s up with these UNC QBs? Howell doesn’t eat steak and Maye doesn’t drink a beer?

(ps: this is a joke.  I didn’t drink in college either.  I turned into a drunk after I graduated.)

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Geez. Was it your girlfriend he was macking on in that infamous video?

I am offended by football stupidity.  And he’s the epitome of being a dumbass.  

He called the same running play for no yards on every first down for 3 years.  

Dumbass. 

• Haha 1