Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why would Peters be judged off of something that may not have happened? It doesn't make sense to take speculation as gospel imo.

I said if he makes the pick.

Look to me Daniels doesn’t pass the character test for me even more than his many physical limitations in terms of size and hits he takes. His mom went on record and threw his teammates under the bus in the press previously. She also participated in a scheme to skirt NCAA recruiting rules that ultimately factored into the firing of multiple ASU coaches. When confronted she claimed she was hacked and that hack resulted in the purchasing of airline tickets for specific ASU recruits. It’s beyond laughable. Obviously, this was done at the direction of or with the knowledge of Jayden.

NFL  QB is the most high pressure position and with this fanbase there is added pressure in this market. A guy who doesn’t take accountability and has mommy throw teammates under the bus. When caught breaking the rules, the first response is egregiously laughable denial excuses instead of accountability.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

No, they drank to much water

Maye doesn't need to drink water. He's 6'4 and built pretty solidly. I don't doubt he's about 230, which is his billing.

Jayden Daniels weighing in at 210 at the combine though. I really have my doubts about that...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I said if he makes the pick.

Look to me Daniels doesn’t pass the character test for me even more than his many physical limitations in terms of size and hits he takes. His mom went on record and threw his teammates under the bus in the press previously. She also participated in a scheme to skirt NCAA recruiting rules that ultimately factored into the firing of multiple ASU coaches. When confronted she claimed she was hacked and that hack resulted in the purchasing of airline tickets for specific ASU recruits. It’s beyond laughable. Obviously, this was done at the direction of or with the knowledge of Jayden.

NFL  QB is the most high pressure position and with this fanbase there is added pressure in this market. A guy who doesn’t take accountability and has mommy throw teammates under the bus. When caught breaking the rules, the first response is egregiously laughable denial excuses instead of accountability.

You and I have different standards so I'll let you feel however you want on this one. Personally I give zero ****s what a kids parents do. 

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Maye doesn't need to drink water. He's 6'4 and built pretty solidly. I don't doubt he's about 230, which is his billing.

Jayden Daniels weighing in at 210 at the combine though. I really have my doubts about that...

giphy.gif

But it wouldn't make sense when they're going to visit team facilities where even more extensive tests will be done. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he put on more weight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

His challenges there are related to switching from a backpedal drop back to a pro-style drop back which his 2023 OC had him do.

I’m an advocate for Maye but the most glaring issue to me with his footwork is his hitch step which was bad both years. He’s always clicking his feet together.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You and I have different standards so I'll let you feel however you want on this one. Personally I give zero ****s what a kids parents do. 

She nearly certainly did it at his direction. It falls on him completely. The back stabbing through the press and zero lack of accountability for anything is a movie I have watched too many times with this franchise and prefer not so see the next predictable sequel. You are welcome to eagerly await it with your ticket preorder. I will obviously watch it but I would prefer not to. 

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

She nearly certainly did it at his direction. It falls on him completely. The back stabbing through the press and zero lack of accountability for anything is a movie I have watched too many times with this franchise and prefer not so see the next predictable sequel. You are welcome to eagerly await it with your ticket preorder. I will obviously watch it but I would prefer not to. 

I give zero damns what a parent does. If what you're saying is true and can't be explained during team visits we'll pass on him. If Peters and company are accepting of what they hear and decide to give him a chance, excellent!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

But it wouldn't make sense when they're going to visit team facilities where even more extensive tests will be done. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he put on more weight. 

Woah hold on….weighing them and getting a physical during visits is NOT allowed. Wtf?? You mean you can’t just LIE about your weight to billion dollar organizations like the NFL? The ****?? 

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 7:23 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Maye. If a guy runs if his early read is covered, and is predictable in that fashion, he's both easier to predict, and his career is easier to shorten. 

I just find the Daniels arguments utterly unconvincing and I find the individuals buying whole hog, a reminder of how and why so many dumb --- draft day decisions occur every single draft class. Maybe he hits, maybe he doesn't, and maybe Maye hits and maybe Maye doesn't, but I am baffled at how people can't see the concerning issues Daniels has in his cv, that are trade mark predictors of busting, and how few Maye has. It's just utterly mind boggling to me and suggests a level of intellectual laziness and confirmation biases that are just again, mind boggling to me. 

On 3/29/2024 at 6:31 AM, FootballZombie said:

I thought it was significant when Keim basically said that our staff feels like JD is a high level processor in his JD pro day vid.

QB is played between the ears and if you think a guy has got it there, that's a big part of the battle.

Don't let Keim's musings shake your convictions tho. Keep being adorable with how things are gonna shake out.

lfe9xo5txox.jpg.b6a8dd5e3d6130780382d3e9d1e15b01.jpg

I still think this is a 2 horse race but I gotta admit, I like where this is going.

e3d202d2-cfee-47ab-8e3d-cb8fdac02628_text.gif.41d2cb5c7b03526b76c8cbcb0315d57b.gif

If he's processing so fast, why is he consantly running when his first read is covered when he had the best WR group in the country the past two years? Suggestive to me that his processing is maybe, a tad, overrated or that as per usual, people are focusing exclusively on '23, which is, to put it bluntly, totally asinine. The guys CV is '19-'23. Not, '23. I mean, I'd love to pretend that McLaurin's '23 didn't happen, but it did. We can't pretend Jayden's '19, '20, '21 and '22 didn't happen just like we can't pretend that Maye's '23 was worse than his '22, but that both seasons are a part of his CV.

Crazy pills, I just would like to believe this is predraft nonsense. Some of the quotes on JJ for instance, for why to target him so early, are such nebulous horse ----, it's easy as hell to figure out why teams draft bust after bust in round 1 at QB. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I give zero damns what a parent does. If what you're saying is true and can't be explained during team visits we'll pass on him. If Peters and company are accepting of what they hear and decide to give him a chance, excellent!

Zero is too low for me. I don’t see the antics of a crazy parent or family member as a dealbreaker, but it’s definitely at least a distraction, so it does matter. Especially when making such a close call between two prospects. And we are a franchise that could really use a few years without off the field drama. But I agree with you that if peters is OK with it, so am I.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Zero is too low for me. I don’t see the antics of a crazy parent or family member as a dealbreaker, but it’s definitely at least a distraction, so it does matter. Especially when making such a close call between two prospects. And we are a franchise that could really use a few years without off the field drama. But I agree with you that if peters is OK with it, so am I.

The reason I give zero care is because we simply don't have full context on what happened. Second and third hand accounts don't cut it for me, that's up to the powers that be to figure out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

Not quite sure what the laugh is for. I’m agreeing you have to look beyond how a player is used and scout traits. 

When I look at JJ I just don’t see anything special in that regard. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t end up being the best QB in this draft, but I just don’t see anything like the ceiling with JJ you see with Williams, Maye and Daniel’s.

I like your argument: you don’t see the difference between ability/trait and the system they played in and how they were used?  

Im laughing because this is sound logic for Fields and plenty of other players, but dismiss it for JJ…

thats funny to me. 😂

18 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Maye. If a guy runs if his early read is covered, and is predictable in that fashion, he's both easier to predict, and his career is easier to shorten. 

I just find the Daniels arguments utterly unconvincing and I find the individuals buying whole hog, a reminder of how and why so many dumb --- draft day decisions occur every single draft class. Maybe he hits, maybe he doesn't, and maybe Maye hits and maybe Maye doesn't, but I am baffled at how people can't see the concerning issues Daniels has in his cv, that are trade mark predictors of busting, and how few Maye has. It's just utterly mind boggling to me and suggests a level of intellectual laziness and confirmation biases that are just again, mind boggling to me. 

If he's processing so fast, why is he consantly running when his first read is covered when he had the best WR group in the country the past two years? Suggestive to me that his processing is maybe, a tad, overrated or that as per usual, people are focusing exclusively on '23, which is, to put it bluntly, totally asinine. The guys CV is '19-'23. Not, '23. I mean, I'd love to pretend that McLaurin's '23 didn't happen, but it did. We can't pretend Jayden's '19, '20, '21 and '22 didn't happen just like we can't pretend that Maye's '23 was worse than his '22, but that both seasons are a part of his CV.

Crazy pills, I just would like to believe this is predraft nonsense. Some of the quotes on JJ for instance, for why to target him so early, are such nebulous horse ----, it's easy as hell to figure out why teams draft bust after bust in round 1 at QB. 

I have posted clip after clip of him going through his reads. I can continue to do that if it helps. If your argument is “one read and run” and I can literally with video prove that is not the case….how do we move forward from there? Help me understand it. 

• Like 3

I wonder if Washington knew about JD's elbow.  If he tried to hide the bursa sack issue, it is a major red flag.  

Also, I don't think foot work is a big deal.  If Brady was still working on his foot work after 10 years, then ever QB, even JD, will need to continually improve it.  Foot work needs to be timed with the WR route running.  Caleb, Drake and JD will all need help and practice with it.

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The reason I give zero care is because we simply don't have full context on what happened. Second and third hand accounts don't cut it for me, that's up to the powers that be to figure out. 

Why are you ignoring the facts? Jayden’s mom went on record and was quoted as blaming his o-line and receivers at ASU as the reasons he did not perform better. Aiyuk happened to be there at one point as well.  It is a first hand account. We have all the context and quotes. This is a burying your head in the sand situation because you don’t want to hear the facts. 

She also went on record and denied purchasing airline tickets for ASU recruits despite the fact it was her email address and credit card used to make the purchases. She claimed it was a hack. If you are hacked, typically the credit card is used elsewhere not on specific recruits in your orbit. The whole excuse was laughable and Jayden was obviously involved .

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why are you ignoring the facts? Jayden’s mom went on record and was quoted as blaming his o-line and receivers at ASU as the reasons he did not perform better. Aiyuk happened to be there at one point as well.  It is a first hand account. We have all the context and quotes. This is a burying your head in the sand situation because you don’t want to hear the facts. 

She also went on record and denied purchasing airline tickets for ASU recruits despite the fact it was her email address and credit card used to make the purchases. She claimed it was a hack. If you are hacked, typically the credit card is used elsewhere not on specific recruits in your orbit. The whole excuse was laughable and Jayden was obviously involved .

Simply because I, me personally don't give a **** about either of those issues. Obviously you do, that's your right 🤷‍♂️

If Peters/Quinn care, on to the next guy.

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

LOL you don't like Daniels and thats fine but all this over helping recruits with some airline tickets? And blaming a kid just 1 year out of high school like it was some nefarious plot on his part? 

Again, it was clear there were zero issues, none at all, when he was at LSU with his mom or any other relative of his. 

Also he is still close to nearly everyone that was coaching at ASU - Herm Edwards, Antonio Pierce, Marvin Lewis, etc. Aiyuk and Rachaad White are his best friends. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Woah hold on….weighing them and getting a physical during visits is NOT allowed. Wtf?? You mean you can’t just LIE about your weight to billion dollar organizations like the NFL? The ****?? 

Thats why I don't get this over the elbow. Do people think NFL teams don't already have all his medicals? Or that they don't do their due diligence on private visits and workouts which Daniels has been confirmed to have with this team?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

LOL you don't like Daniels and thats fine but all this over helping recruits with some airline tickets? And blaming a kid just 1 year out of high school like it was some nefarious plot on his part? 

Again, it was clear there were zero issues, none at all, when he was at LSU with his mom or any other relative of his. 

Also he is still close to nearly everyone that was coaching at ASU - Herm Edwards, Antonio Pierce, Marvin Lewis, etc. Aiyuk and Rachaad White are his best friends. 

He helped get all those coaches fired and yes he is culpable for his mom breaking NCAA rules and violating recruiting rules. The denial that she was hacked shows zero credibility and accountability. I absolutely question his character. It makes his refusal to weigh in at the combine even a bigger fraud than it is. Red flags everywhere with that guy.

Also he was at ASU 3 years not just 1. His mom went on record and threw his team mates under the bus likely at his direction. He can likely thank Peters for salvaging his career and telling him to stay in school. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'm warming to daniels but he just scares me, I so badly want what I've never had in my lifetime, which is a franchise quarterback that we can expect to have for 10 or God willing 15 plus years.

The biggest thing that scares me about maye is him having the yips his entire career.

I've played a lot of things competitively my entire life and his tendency To miss easy throws reminds me of the guy who break and runs only to miss a duck on the 9 ball.

The bottom line is there are several great prospects in this draft and none of us know which ones will succeed but we're all certainly hoping they pick the one who does.

• Like 1

It’s still amusing after all these years watching fellow ES members argue like our points matter in the slightest who gets drafted.

Never changes. Above all else, convince someone else that you’re right. Can’t wait for preseason to start again so we can join together and trash/love our team again when they under/over achieve. You folks are a trip and fun to read the back and forth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Redd said:

It’s still amusing after all these years watching fellow ES members argue like our points matter in the slightest who gets drafted.

Never changes. Above all else, convince someone else that you’re right. Can’t wait for preseason to start again so we can join together and trash/love our team again when they under/over achieve. You folks are a trip and fun to read the back and forth.

I think we're used to our opinions mattering like when we helped prevent Jim Fassel not get the HC gig however many years ago. I think this new group has proven that our opinions mean next to nothing when it comes to team decisions, as it should be. :D

• Thumb up 2