Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Surprised Tavita Pritchard isn't there.

I bet he went to the Univ of Tennessee pro day that occurred at the same time.

They had to designate at least one trusted offensive assistant to go there. I wouldn't be surprised if Blough(sp?) went with him.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

He's not going to fall in the draft. He'll never get past 3. Yes, as I've noted, he has inconsistent footwork that leads to accuracy issues as well as hero ball poor decision making at times. But he also had a **** OL, **** receivers, and a mediocre new OC who was much more run focused than the last one and just not as good. I think that's one of the reasons for the drop in stats.

But you just don't get guys like this very often that tick so many elite trait boxes. Guys who tick them all AND don't have any of the consistency or footwork issues (ala Andrew Luck) happen about once every 10-15 years. Guys who tick them but still have other things to clean up come along about once every 5 or so. We're just lucky enough to have the #2 pick in a draft with one of them.

I think his poor decision making will improve in time, but I do think it is an issue for him, and it’s not just hero ball that causes it. He’s really young. It’ll definitely improve with time and reps. His boom factor is through the roof.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

The Giants are one of the teams that are in line to meet w/ Daniels today, but I think it is interesting that they went out to dinner w/ Nabers last night.

I think they are kinda screwed when it comes to getting a top QB and are preparing for the inevitability of having to take a WR.

If the opportunity to get one of those guys comes, sure they pounce, but I don't think its gonna happen for them... which is just aces for me.

On the one hand, I love the idea of the Giants having to go through another season with Daniel Jones, and whichever pizza delivery guy is brought in as his backup, at QB.

On the other hand, I hate hate hate the idea of Malik The Freak in their lineup. Dude is fast, strong and plays with a mean streak. He's going to be a problem.

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

On the one hand, I love the idea of the Giants having to go through another season with Daniel Jones, and whichever pizza delivery guy is brought in as his backup, at QB.

On the other hand, I hate hate hate the idea of Malik The Freak in their lineup. Dude is fast, strong and plays with a mean streak. He's going to be a problem.

Not if the only person they have to throw to him is Danny Pennies.

• Haha 1

Itd be such a big D move if our brass tells Maye: “we’re picking you 2 guaranteesd. Sit the pro day out and start studying our playbook.” F over all the teams that brought contingents to watch him.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If you're in a rebuild (which we are regardless of which euphemism the brass is using for it), you are probably penciling in Mariota to start Week 1 as the more reliable veteran to help install the offense while the OL (and skill players) gel and your Rookie acclimates to the pro game.

I don't think the brass feels the need to immediately start whomever they draft and I think ultimately they'll pick the higher ceiling guy with the idea that the top-notch coaching staff will bring the best out of them (and the roster construction will drop them into a good situation).

Whether that guy is Maye or Daniels will be up to Peters & Quinn to decide, but I wouldn't read too much into whomever seems more ready to start Day 1.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

The more things change...etc. lol

Well, we managed to keep the QB talk in this one thread, which is great, otherwise every thread would be the same QB talk 

And hopefully after this draft, we're not guessing who our next QB is for a decade plus.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Such bull****. If he ran a 4.34 40 at 210 it would have almost instantly erased a bunch of glaring questions about him and he knows it. So yeah, don't even try that nonsense.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Not impressed with JD's workout..a lot of his passes were behind WR's and he still didn't throw with any anticipation.

That's what I thought. I started to hop on the JD train. Now I fell off. It was just Mayes footwork I'm not big on. But he can fix that and it shouldn't be hard. 

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Not impressed with JD's workout..a lot of his passes were behind WR's and he still didn't throw with any anticipation.

I always thought of throwing with anticipation as meaning that a guy didn’t appear open yet, but would become open after the pass was already thrown. How are you using it?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I always thought of throwing with anticipation as meaning that a guy didn’t appear open yet, but would become open after the pass was already thrown. How are you using it?

same as what you described

21 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I hope Drake Maye runs a  4.55-4.6 40 and everyone can talk about how “sneaky athletic” he is.

I really hope he runs, jumps, etc. Just be a competitor.

The 40 really doesn't matter for QB prospects.  No QB ever had his career made or broken by his 40 proficiency.  The times that QBs get aren't even useful for telling us about their functional mobility.  Mahomes is one of the most athletic QBs in the league and he ran a 4.8.  The fast 40 guys basically just demonstrate that they're good at running track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1