Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I will say Chicago made some really good moves to set up Caleb - or whichever QB they take - for success. If you're a QB you have to feel good about Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, and Kmet to throw too with D'Andre Swift beefing up the run game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So if Covid hadn’t happened, Chase might have been off the board and we might have drafted Herbert who one of the Marty’s liked. 

It’s fair to say that was a botched draft pick :rofl89:

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I will say Chicago made some really good moves to set up Caleb - or whichever QB they take - for success. If you're a QB you have to feel good about Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, and Kmet to throw too with D'Andre Swift beefing up the run game. 

I agree. They nailed FA and have stacked up well for Caleb as QB. If he’s all in to them, they are in business.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Plus they might land Nabers or Odunze at 9. 

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good point.

What I found most interesting was  Warner's belief that despite the countless hours he's spent analyzing the all 22 film of Maye, and Daniels, they're still so close that he can't choose between them.

He needs to first be in a room with each of them independently; so that he can use video and the white board, to interrogate them about their thinking process on individual plays, before he can make a decision.

My bigger rhetorical question is:

If someone with Warner's experience, expertise, and knowledge, can't decide which qb he prefers, without first meeting with each of them, how can the talking heads on TV, or for that matter, any of us, make a conclusive determination with any confidence that we're correct?

No one can, and that's why I don't think it's worthwhile debating at this point. Everyone has their preference, and that's all it is. I can only objectively acknowledge that Jayden is a little light. Even the biggest quarterbacks can't handle a clean shot from Arnold, Micah, or Bosa. Drake checks all the physical boxes, but Sam Darnold is on his fourth or fifth team now. I have to admit I've been wrong multiple times, and I did think Tua was a safer pick than Herbert. 

Whoever we pick, I just hope we give him all the support he needs and don't rush to start him. Sometimes, you get lucky with a guy like CJ who's ready on day one, but most of the time, I would rather the kid sit. 

Finally, I think Penix could be special if he goes to a good team in the late first or mid second. I agree with Kurt. He throws the best ball in the group, but you can't look past his injuries.

• Like 2

Really showing off Calebs arm talent with the out routes. Dude has a gun. 

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think if they take Caleb they trade out of #9 and total screw a team. CHI only have 4 in total.

I know I am going to be looking to trade 9 in the ES draft. Mayeb 1 too. :)

• Haha 1

This guy is a natural thrower, makes it look so fluid and easy. 

The other guy I'm intrigued with is Tahj Washington. Deep threat, scat back type. Wonder if he is on the Commanders radar in the 5th/6th round...

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Shortest QB pro day ever. Not even sure he threw 30 balls?

Yea, that was over pretty quick.  Wish we could hear the interviews lol.

Did you notice any other teams out there beside Chi and Wash?

Edited by illone

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Shortest QB pro day ever. Not even sure he threw 30 balls?

50 ball script 

But honestly, I was not blown away. He did not do anything to hurt being number 1 or 2 overall. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am sure everyone in the top 10 was there. 

Steve Wyche just said all 32 teams were there haha.

I noticed a huge crowd of Bears guys, and Adam Peters, both right behind Caleb. Maybe the other teams had to sit in the cheap seats lol.

• Like 1

I think the throwing at prodays is meaningless.  But among the ones I've watched, Caleb was so so in the context of accuracy.  But was good enough.

Tidbits that came out in the broadcast.  Bears have been there since Monday and had dinner with Caleb.

Caleb didn't want to do team visits until after this proday.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, illone said:

Steve Wyche just said all 32 teams were there haha.

I noticed a huge crowd of Bears guys, and Adam Peters, both right behind Caleb. Maybe the other teams had to sit in the cheap seats lol.

All 32 are almost at every major pro day. It’s not just the qb. They evaluate the other positions as well. Texas and Ohio state had pro days today as well I believe and all 32 will be there too.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

All 32 are almost at every major pro day. It’s not just the qb. They evaluate the other positions as well. Texas and Ohio state had pro days today as well I believe and all 32 will be there too.

Fair point.  Washington and Lloyd are solid prospects.

21 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

No one can, and that's why I don't think it's worthwhile debating at this point. Everyone has their preference, and that's all it is. I can only objectively acknowledge that Jayden is a little light. Even the biggest quarterbacks can't handle a clean shot from Arnold, Micah, or Bosa. Drake checks all the physical boxes, but Sam Darnold is on his fourth or fifth team now. I have to admit I've been wrong multiple times, and I did think Tua was a safer pick than Herbert. 

Whoever we pick, I just hope we give him all the support he needs and don't rush to start him. Sometimes, you get lucky with a guy like CJ who's ready on day one, but most of the time, I would rather the kid sit. 

Finally, I think Penix could be special if he goes to a good team in the late first or mid second. I agree with Kurt. He throws the best ball in the group, but you can't look past his injuries.

Generally agree with much of your post.

Only real major difference I have is your belief that debate isn't worthwhile, because we lack the possibility of certainty.

I'm at heart a relativist when it comes to human affairs. Certainty for me is a nice concept but that's the province of the gods not mortals. Half the ills suffered by mankind throughout history are the result of people claiming absolute certainty.

On the forum I tend to applaud arguments for the thought process behind them, more so than actual conclusions.

That's why I'm comfortable "trophying", "up thumbing", "liking", or "double fisting" posts with conclusions on both sides of the "great" Maye vs Daniels debate.

I think there's always inherent value in  discussiing divergent views-- provided all parties respect and are civil with each other, especially when they disagree.

But then again I'm an old fossil, keenly aware that the values I grew up with are largely fading in the current zeitgeist.

The world evolves, but "the dude abides."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Was magic Johnson out there boxing out other teams sightlines?

HAHA!

You dont want Magic out there causing a distraction.  He is busy working back channels and advising Carl Williams 😎

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I have to admit I've been wrong multiple times, and I did think Tua was a safer pick than Herbert.

I think a whole lot of people missed on Herbert.  One big question was due to the dink and dunk offense that Oregon ran.  A lot of experts thought it was due to Herbert but it seems it was more on the offense that the team wanted to run. Another thing was that his junior was only so-so. Yes, he was definitely the number 3 at best based on what info was available at the time. Even now, it could be argued that Tua actually has probably had the better career to this point while Burrow has obviously been the best of the group when healthy.

• Thumb up 1