Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But why would the Bears do that trade? If our FO sees Caleb as a generational talent and way ahead of the other two, then I'd have to assume that the Bears FO does as well. 

Colts thought that about Elway and Chargers about Eli. A disgruntled top pick can force the issue, particularly one with 10 million of NIL money earned. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Colts thought that about Elway and Chargers about Eli. A disgruntled top pick can force the issue, particularly one with 10 million of NIL money earned. 

I reckon Caleb ends up at the team HE wants to play for. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, there was plenty of chatter that "now we're definitely moving up for Caleb." 

This whole thing is a giant Rorschach test. People see what they want in everything. We signed Mariota and the Daniels people said "OMG this definitely proves we're drafting Daniels" (even though Martiota's game isn't like Daniels). We trade Howell and the "trade up for Caleb" people are saying "OMG this definitely proves we're trading up for Caleb" (even though there's zero evidence to suggest that).

• Like 3

Carl Williams - the father - seems obsessive about maintaining control over Caleb's career. If Caleb and Carl both decide they'd prefer to come home to DC and partner with Dan Quinn & Adam Peters along with the Harris/Magic ownership group, they have levers they can pull to try and make it happen. And conversely, we have the ammo we'd need to make it palatable for Chicago.

It's total speculation, but fairly plausible IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Then I guess all that's left to see is whether Caleb is just a straight up liar or not.

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Or his dad. Either way works! 😂 

Damn right. This is no time for morals. Get the franchise QB in. **** the rest of the league. I can just see Harris saying that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mistertim said:

This whole thing is a giant Rorschach test. People see what they want in everything. We signed Mariota and the Daniels people said "OMG this definitely proves we're drafting Daniels" (even though Martiota's game isn't like Daniels). We trade Howell and the "trade up for Caleb" people are saying "OMG this definitely proves we're trading up for Caleb" (even though there's zero evidence to suggest that).

Trading Howell proves we are taking a QB and unlikely moving down from 2. Everything else remains unchanged. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Damn right. This is no time for morals. Get the franchise QB in. **** the rest of the league. I can just see Harris saying that. 

Yeah, who wants a QB with morals and decent character?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****. A Rorschach test scenario on ES.

Enough said. You are right, we are taking Maye at #2 :rofl89:

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, there was plenty of chatter that "now we're definitely moving up for Caleb." 

Yea, that definitely makes no sense. An extra 3rd rounder isn't going to move that needle. 

Very few teams carry 3 QBs on the roster. If we didn't get a trade for Howell we'd probably have just released him. 

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Why would he say no ?

Well, for lack of any other reason, the truth is the easiest thing to remember.  And if really has no desire to play for the bears, he would NEVER, EVER, EVER let himself get put into the position to answer the question.

Elway pretty famously just out-loud said in a press conference, "I am not playing for the Colts" And then he said it again on draft day. The Mannings let it be known publicly as well.

If you're not going to play for the team who's going to pick you, you don't lie. 

You, @SoCalSkins and Bram Weinstein are twisting yourselves into a pretzel to see something which most likely isn't there.  

I will grant the 10% possibility somebody trades up to get him, us or otherwise.  You never know.  

But I think you're looking for signs to confirm your opinion, rather than deriving the opinion from what's actually going on.

• Like 1

The we are getting Caleb and be braced for it, feels a lot like the ignore the noise narraitve about Josh Harris and that it will be Bezos who will buy this team that a few pushed here at the time back then.   

Yes most others say it's Harris and it won't be Bezos.  Yes the insiders are mostly pointing to Harris but its BS.  Just wait and see, Bezos will be the guy.

And look for me its more than cool if it ends up Caleb but if I didn't spend time on this thread, I'd think almost zero chance.  Spending time here, makes me think maybe 5%?  Same reason why i couldn't rule out Bezos some had so much convinction here that it would happen that I had to give it at least a little chance.

The reason why I pimp Keim so much :ols: is I've learned over the years that all the others who cover the team have no inside info.  And the best by a mile is to having that info is Keim.  And only him.   So even if Keim is hearing things that I don't like, I don't throw it out the window and assume he's wrong.   Not because I value his opinion about football or value his takes over my takes.  It's purely that he is almost never wrong when he says this is what he's hearing.  Heck in last years draft, he called out almost to a tee what they would do before each round.  It was wild and almost a bit eerie. :ols:

Having said that, things are moving targets.  Things can change.  So what's true today could be false tomorrow.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The we are getting Caleb and be braced for it, feels a lot like the ignore the noise narraitve about Josh Harris, Bezos will buy this team that a few pushed here at the time back then.   

Yes most others say it's Harris and it won't be Bezos.  Yes the insiders are mostly pointing to Harris but its BS.  Just wait and see.

And look for me its more than cool if it ends up Caleb but if I didn't spend time on this thread, I'd think almost zero chance.  Spending time here, makes me think maybe 5%?  Same reason why i couldn't rule out Bezos some had so much convinction here that I had to give it at least a little chance.

The reason why I pimp Keim so much :ols: is I've learned over the years that all the others who cover the team have no inside info.  And the best by a mile is to having that info is Keim.  And only him.   So even if Keim is hearing things that I don't like, I don't throw it out the window and assume he's wrong.   Not because I value his opinion about football or value his takes over my takes.  It's purely that he is almost ever wrong when he says this is what he's hearing.  Heck in last years draft, he called out almost to a tee what they would do before each round.  It was wild and almost a bit eerie. :ols:

Having said that, things are moving targets.  Things can change.  So what's true today could be false tomorrow.

From what I recall, neither Keim nor anybody else had the Kingsbury scoop until it happened. After the fact, it came out that Magic made it happen behind the scenes.

If that's happening with Caleb, it will be very under-the-radar and I wouldn't expect anybody in the commentariat - neither Keim nor Schefter nor anyone in between - to get a whiff until it happens. Slowly, slowly, slowly... then all at once.

That being said - I'm not saying it happens or that I feel strongly about it one way or the other. Just pointing out that there is a clear path in the event HOG and/or Peters & Quinn want.