Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I love watching the gauntlet drill.  I’m not entirely sure how predictive is.  But it’s a fun watch.  

It’s impressive and the QBs have pretty great timing nearly every time. 

4 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Daniels got asked about that in press pool, said he wanted to draw as many eyes as possible to LSU pro day so the non-Daniels/Nabers/Thomas teammates there - players not invited to combine - would have the best chance possible to get attention of scouts/etc.

It may be an excuse, but if you're one of the teammates he's referring to, you gotta like the 'tude and the 'tunity.  Dudes do get seen and noticed that way.  He could've just said, "Yeah, I'm a diva. Ya'all gonna draft me top 3 anyway, so pfffft...."

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I love watching the gauntlet drill.  I’m not entirely sure how predictive is.  But it’s a fun watch.  

Some of those guys kind of jogging through it, but not McCaffrey, who looks like a clone of his dad, twilight zone-ish lol. Beat his big brother in the 40 too, next family get-together will be fun.

JJ McCarthy definitely looks more muscular. Still can't get past every time I see him, think I'm watching Sean Astin in "Rudy." I guess that could be a good thing, right? RIGHT?? 🙃

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I honestly think Michael Penix is going to get the best bump from the combine. He measured well, his medicals are clean and he has a rocket arm so I expect a ton of buzz

John Schenider's board is always super unique in comparison to the consensus. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled the trigger on Penix if he can trade back from 16 to the 20's. Even at 16 as crazy as it sounds. Seahawks are always interesting with their evals. 

Nix throwing behind every receiver on 15-20 slants, Hartman throwing high get-his-receivers-killed crap every time. Yikes. Aaaand in the 2nd round Nix and Hartman both do what the other did first time. Yeesh.

McCarthy looks really good, has some velocity and the best accuracy in this group, I like it.

Edited by Dah-Dee

They are ripping Jayden Daniels on the broadcast for leaving early. Completely diva attitude. They are questioning him not being measured and leaving despite an offer to measure him early. They noted Caleb stayed and is there in the mix with the other QBs despite not throwing. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

Hartman and Nix just off on so many throws. Leary doesn't look bad.

I jinxed McCarthy, last throw was about 6 feet over receiver's head.

Edited by Dah-Dee

Lol Rich Eisen is not letting up on Daniels

Is anyone actually helping themselves with this throwing session? They're all kind of erratic - some good, some bad, etc.

What are we supposed to be taking away from this exactly?

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Hartman reminds me of mark sanchez

His arm strength is really lacking compared to the rest, still if he goes undrafted, id take a flyer on him, he’s played a lot of football and really loves the game. He’s a really great dude and would be a great teammate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They are ripping Jayden Daniels on the broadcast for leaving early. Completely diva attitude. They are questioning him not being measured and leaving despite an offer to measure him early. They noted Caleb stayed and is there in the mix with the other QBs despite not throwing. 

Wait, he left early too? Dafuq?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

Hartman and Nix just off on so many throws. Leary doesn't look bad.

I jinxed McCarthy, last throw was about 6 feet over receiver's head.

Receiver slipped on that one, McCarthy was better than the rest there.

• Haha 2

I been doing a PBP in the draft thread. But JJ has looked terrible so far. Really struggling with accuracy.

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Receiver slipped on that one, McCarthy was better than the rest there.

What? He was horrid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Big Ben was a big guy but I’m talking about a David wells type, or a Cc sabathia type frame, a big old fat guy. How fun would it be, and it would give hope to all the big fat guys around the country

I hear ya, but with all the running and moving I’m not sure the body is able to stay fat.  I myself was once a fat boy until I strapped it up in high school, weight melted off. Two-a-days will do that, I guess it’s possible if you refuse to try as a pro athlete. Although, Zion Williamson is giving it his best tho so I guess it’s possible…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So...JJ McCarthy maybe should have opted out of this tbh. I don't think he is helping himself

I am not impressed with him at all. Maybe Daddy Harbaugh will pick him up.  🤷‍♂️