Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Howell will get blamed for this.  He didn't play great, but he is so far from the biggest problem on this team.  

This team needs to be rebuilt starting with the oline and linebackers, or else it's the same **** we've seen the last 20 years.  

It's time to take the best tackle in the draft.  

I don’t think anybody is blaming Howell. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

First off, the number 1 target of my ire is Bieninemy. He stinks. I’m sorry. I’m not all that interested in waiting on a 55 year old coordinator learn on the job. If he was truly a great offensive mind, he would have had a HC years ago 

This was bad. Very bad. First time they’ve played a good defense and they scored 10. That was concerning. 

IMG_2539.jpeg

I think the reason they got stuck on 10 were some really curious 4th down decisions by Rivera and also they kept getting into 4th and short and failing. 

Ironically, the Lions also lost a game earlier in the day because they couldn’t convert a 4th and short to save their lives.  

I also think then the defense is just so putrid, the pressure on the offense is significant and they have to start pressing, they get into known passing situations, and things start to unravel.  

11 hours ago, zCommander said:

Ridder got benched this year for TH for couple of games. They should have never done that. Let him take his lumps and carry the team. Except Ridder has not been able to do that. He couldn't do it last year either. He was selected in the 3rd round before Sam. 

They shouldn’t have done it because literally everyone in the world should have known going to a backup XFL QB was a bad idea.  

I grant you, they figured it out faster than Ron, who never actually figured it out because he wanted to try and bring him back.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Sam is out here running the most pass slanted O in the NFL w/ the worst D in the NFL backing him up.

He is operating in a new and unproven Offensive system, w/ no prior history to its credit that it even works.

We don't allow a run game to exist to take weight off his shoulders, we instead drape a superman cape over them and tell him to try and survive.

Its monumentally stupid and is not conductive to building positive traits. I don't think I have seen a QB on this team take this much punishment for this long outside of Ramsey.

A lot of young QBs are baby'd when brought into the NFL. They get a limited playbook, or a run focused O.

Sure, there are others that are thrown into the deep end, but none to the extent of Howell. I don't think I have ever seen it to this degree.

He has been pushed over the side of an Aircraft carrier above the Marianas Trench w/ a weight tied to his leg.

What we are asking of him is far from normal for such an inexperienced player.

Yeah, but I think there has been a change the last few weeks.  They’re running the ball early a lot more.  Sometimes to their detriment because they suck at it.  But after the first couple drives, the run/pass ratio was not even, but close.

But what happens when you have a trash defense is the offense starts to press a bit. then you start to get behind, then the play calling gets tilted.

The OL is a huge problem.  They need to get that fixed.  That should help with both the run and the pass.  Keep Howell upright a bit longer and make everything better.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, but I think there has been a change the last few weeks.  They’re running the ball early a lot more.  Sometimes to their detriment because they suck at it.  But after the first couple drives, the run/pass ratio was not even, but close.

But what happens when you have a trash defense is the offense starts to press a bit. then you start to get behind, then the play calling gets tilted.

The OL is a huge problem.  They need to get that fixed.  That should help with both the run and the pass.  Keep Howell upright a bit longer and make everything better.

Well, the run game wouldn’t look as poor if they didn’t try to convert 3rd/4th and 1 exclusively from gun, either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Well, the run game wouldn’t look as poor if they didn’t try to convert 3rd/4th and 1 exclusively from gun, either.

Yeah for real. Why cant we just do a normal handoff? Literally the most basic play. Or use Brisett on sneaks. Dude was awesome at em last year.

Just now, KDawg said:

Yeah no argument there.

The situation at design is bad.  

I watched some of the Chiefs Monday night.  I think they do a lot of the same things.  

The difference:  the Chiefs OL is better than ours and they always have the Mahomes fear factor working in their favor. 

I think EB is over thinking himself. Use tempo, get under center, snap the ball quickly and go.  It’s not that hard.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah no argument there.

I watched some of the Chiefs Monday night.  I think they do a lot of the same things.  

The difference:  the Chiefs OL is better than ours and they always have the Mahomes fear factor working in their favor. 

I think EB is over thinking himself. Use tempo, get under center, snap the ball quickly and go.  It’s not that hard.  

Bienemy is a coach who coaches a system and makes his players fit to it… rather than taking his system and wrinkling it so IT fits the players. That is the mark of a good coach. Someone who can run what they are comfortable with and know while adjusting it for the personnel you have.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Bienemy is a coach who coaches a system and makes his players fit to it… rather than taking his system and wrinkling it so IT fits the players. That is the mark of a good coach. Someone who can run what they are comfortable with and know while adjusting it for the personnel you have.

Yeah I get that sense too. You dont run a TE heavy offense with our trio of WRs. 

Honestly would rather have Turner at this point. He actually could scheme WRs open. Howell might have actually thrived in that system as crazy as it sounds.

• Like 1

Calling a deep pass on 3rd and 1 is a decent play call if - 1.) You don't try it every freaking time; AND 2.) Your QB and offensive line are unlikely to give up a sack;  AND 3.) Your offensive line can push the defense back a yard on 4th and 1 if needed; AND 4.) You don't try 4th and 1 from the shotgun.  When you don't have any of the four, much less all four, you play-call to get the first down on 3rd and 1. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I've heard enough, multiple times from Keim now that Bieiniemy and his play calling isn't beloved in that locker room from certain players.

It's telling to me that Keim's take on the major complaint behind the scenes from the players is that Bieniemy has too much power and would like for Rivera to take some of that power back.

I am not worried about him at this point about Bieiniemy being the HC.      The rumbilings which we hear on and off feels like a WP expose at the end of the season.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah no argument there.

I think he's an incompetent buffoon and everyone knows it and now the players are sick of it.

The players also know that most of them will be on the team next year with Sam at QB and EB won't be.

I also think they still stand with Ron and JDR and are still fighting for them, but are sick of the obvious bull**** from the post turtle OC, who's probably not going to finish the season calling his idiotic offense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard enough, multiple times from Keim now that Bieiniemy and his play calling isn't beloved in that locker room from certain players.

It's telling to me that Keim's take on the major complaint behind the scenes from the players is that Bieniemy has too much power and would like for Rivera to take some of that power back.

I am not worried about him at this point about Bieiniemy being the HC.      The rumbilings which we hear on and off feels like a WP expose at the end of the season.

There were massive red flags with Bieniemy from day 1.  16 interviews by 15 teams and none of them took a chance on him?  The biggest open secret in the NFL that he basically had nothing to do with the success in KC and it was Reid calling the plays and scheming the games?  The only team to give him a lateral job offer (with total autonomy on the offense) was the one owned by Daniel Snyder?  This was a disaster waiting to happen once he was hired.  I'm glad Keim finally said something.  This has been rumbling for the last few weeks.  Remember when everyone thought it was so cool that he was "tough" during training camp?  That intensity **** wears thin when you are incompetent at your job.  You don't hear things like this about Del Rio or Ron.  

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I also think they still stand with Ron and JDR and are still fighting for them, but are sick of the obvious bull**** from the post turtle OC, who's probably not going to finish the season calling his idiotic offense.

Good point.  You don't hear players trashing Del Rio or Ron publicly or behind the scenes.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think he's an incompetent buffoon and everyone knows it and now the players are sick of it.

The players also know that most of them will be on the team next year with Sam at QB and EB won't be.

I don’t think the sheer defensive ineptitude is rooted in disgust for EB.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think everything became transparent for EB when he officially became an OC for another team.  It set him back.  He should have stayed in KC but he needed this to happen so others in the NFL could find out more about him as an OC and his dream of being possible HC candidate.  

Just now, RWJ said:

I think everything became transparent for EB when he officially became an OC for another team.  It set him back.  He should have stayed in KC but he needed this to happen so others in the NFL could find out more about him as an OC and his dream of being possible HC candidate.  

If he was as good as advertised in KC, he would have already gotten a head coaching opportunity.  

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think the sheer defensive ineptitude is rooted in disgust for EB.  

I think when you're holding teams like the Bills to 16 points into the 4rth Q and you refuse to establish a run game, your DC is gonna want to punch him in the head like Kevin Gilbride.

I think the defense has had us in plenty of games until recently and the offense is run so incompetently they expose the defense.

I'm not dismissing our defensive issues, there are plenty, but I'd say that it seems fairly obvious that Ron and JDR are leaders and communicators and haven't lost the team, while the offensive players have been vocal about the OC since training camp and it keeps getting worse.

I think losing Harris and McCain has hurt our secondary, that should have been a strength, but because Snyder drug the sale out too long, we couldn't retain them, so they tried to patch it with the draft and it didn't work. I think JDR speaks to his players like men and respects his captains, while EB talks down to people and has no respect and the players are sick of it.

Yesterday we were getting beat defensively because better players made better plays for the cowboys, but we were within 10 points for most of the game and the offense drug ass with obvious bad play calls.

We were in that game, despite being out classed and the offense faltered because of bad play call after bad play call.

image.png.fac8da86b5244c9543d8d146fc17a5b7.png

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

EB is going to try to pad Sam's stats as much as possible so lazy sportswriters and blogger boys think he should get a HC gig.

There was an article written in the Washington Post...begging that Harris doesn't fire Rivera to elevate Bieniemy to head coach...because it would hurt his future chances at being a head coach.  Lmao there is a bizarre desire for people to want to have this man get a job that he's totally unqualified for.  

13 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Sam is out here running the most pass slanted O in the NFL w/ the worst D in the NFL backing him up.

He is operating in a new and unproven Offensive system, w/ no prior history to its credit that it even works.

We don't allow a run game to exist to take weight off his shoulders, we instead drape a superman cape over them and tell him to try and survive.

Its monumentally stupid and is not conductive to building positive traits. I don't think I have seen a QB on this team take this much punishment for this long outside of Ramsey.

A lot of young QBs are baby'd when brought into the NFL. They get a limited playbook, or a run focused O.

Sure, there are others that are thrown into the deep end, but none to the extent of Howell. I don't think I have ever seen it to this degree.

He has been pushed over the side of an Aircraft carrier above the Marianas Trench w/ a weight tied to his leg.

What we are asking of him is far from normal for such an inexperienced player.

And the fact that he’s swimming in those shark infested waters is amazing, yet maybe a third of this fan base is STILL “unsure” and would be okay “drafting another QB if the next GM wants to.”  I think it’s lunacy, but that’s my opinion. 

Sam has far and exceeded every expectation put on him this year and has played well enough for this team to be above .500, at least, if we had a competent staff and offensive line. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

There were massive red flags with Bieniemy from day 1.  16 interviews by 15 teams and none of them took a chance on him?  The biggest open secret in the NFL that he basically had nothing to do with the success in KC and it was Reid calling the plays and scheming the games?  The only team to give him a lateral job offer (with total autonomy on the offense) was the one owned by Daniel Snyder?  This was a disaster waiting to happen once he was hired.  I'm glad Keim finally said something.  This has been rumbling for the last few weeks.  Remember when everyone thought it was so cool that he was "tough" during training camp?  That intensity **** wears thin when you are incompetent at your job.  You don't hear things like this about Del Rio or Ron.  

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

EB is going to try to pad Sam's stats as much as possible so lazy sportswriters and blogger boys think he should get a HC gig.

It may work in a place like Vegas.

But Harris won't fall for it.

Hopefully it doesn't get Sam killed. 

They can try to lobby for the dude, but I don't think it'll work. They can't even use him as a Rooney Rule interview at this point, as he's been exposed. There is literally nothing he has done this season that indicates he's ready in any way to be an Offensive playcaller, much less a HC. Harris definitely is more in-tune through someone like Eugene Shen and won't fall for it. 

I'm curious now what happened in those other interviews and whether he was actually interviewed at all here! Was it an attempt by Dan to raise the value of the team on his way out? It's one thing for EB to be bad at interviews, now the league sees how bad he is in practice. He's completely inflexible, goes back to his old ways to spite himself, is incapable of adjusting to the lack of talent on the Offense and can't see what's going on in front of him. Wylie looks lost, plain and simple. I lost track of how many times just yesterday he looked like a kid who just got off the playground spinner too fast once the ball was snapped.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim’s podcast. @Koolblue13 would be especially interested. 

A. Players don’t want Bieniemy as the interm coach 

B. Some players behind the scenes think Bieniemy has too much power right now 

C. Some players want to see Rivera to take some of that power away from Bieniemy

D. O lineman really love Howell. Leno told Keim that this team regressed from last year but made a big step up at QB

Love to read this. And the fact that Harris feels no compulsion to give EB an unearned shot as Interim HC tells me he also has no shot at staying here in any capacity. Hell yeah, let’s ride this **** into the ground and move on 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1