Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Gibby is out for a bit.

Bummer, didn't realize that.  JW has looked good when he has played, so not too big of a drop off.  And I think BR can get the job done as a pass catcher, but our offense could use a JD/AG right now.  Bet we see Samuel in backfield a bit more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Going with Wentz is the right call.  Our offense was limited with TH, now we can at least threaten with vertical routes.  But I hope the passing game remains similar: short, quick routes to compensate for our depleted line and Wentz's immobility.  

Its more on Turner than it is on Wentz imo. 

We know our WRs will be ready.  Robinson and Gibson will be ready to grind it out.  Hopefully Wentz presence opens up the running game a bit too.  Would love to see b Rob get some more open space in the box, I do think we haven't seen the best of him yet.  

I think we beat the Browns.

This is how I view it as well.  Turner has to stay disciplined with what the identity is now and not revert back to dropping Wentz back every play.  

But they have to execute of the plays downfield they do take when they're there.  Heinicke took his shots.  Dotson dropped on early and then Samuel had a TD with a stronger armed QB up the sideline.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

giphy.gif

That one soared over my head. :ols: I was TF Sisko? You don't make those posts. Sorry. I was worked up with the Minshew talk.

29 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yesterday Ron said he had a sprain but wouldn’t say what was sprained. Any update?

I don't think so, but it's concerning unfortunately. At least I am.

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Let's hope it ends like Rocky II and not Rocky I.

I agree. Sip was using Rocky earlier in the season, and I always pointed that out. 

So, I was just kinda joking, but at least Rockys lost wasn't really on him. He fought a hell of a fight. 

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

the Titanic.

That was a hell of a ship. 

• Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Galdi, who has been a big Heinicke guy, was on with R&M yesterday and I thought he said it best:

The reason you go with Taylor is because he’s not taking sacks and turning it over, but with him doing that there’s no reason not to go to Wentz.  

Bram, who is probably the most outwardly pro-TH guy going back to last season, has even said that while the team was winning, it made a ton of sense to keep TH in there and not mess with success.  But they are now 0-2-1 over the last 3 and haven’t broken 20 points.  Not all on TH but it’s time to try something different because they’re not winning anymore.  

31 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You must not have gotten the memo.

That was the narrative for sack fumbles and interceptions for the last 9 weeks.

It's no longer an acceptable excuse.

Anyone blaming Turner for the TH segment of this season is delusional.  And I think that faction is very small, just maybe a bit vocal.  Turner did a great job keeping us competitive in games where our offense was really limited.  Our defense also deserves the lins share of the credit.  Turner was patted on the back after a 20-17 victory, he'd be lambasted if it was a 45-20 loss.  Because of the defense, the offense did just enough to rattle off some wins.

In hindsight, I think turner could be blamed for Wentz and the offenses struggles in the early  games (giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was probably trying to figure out what the offense could do with the new pieces).

But I don't see how anyone can give Turner a pass for the first month with Wentz, but then criticize Turner for the heinecke stretch.   I'm sure you are mocking the hive.

My post was not referencing blame for the past,  just saying our success in week 17 is resting on turners shoulders more than Wentz's.  

I know the QB has to make the plays.  But if Turner is dropping Wentz back and having him sit in the pocket waiting for longer developing routes, we don't stand a chance.  It will get ugly quick, like the lions and eagles games.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is a big decision for a team that's destined to **** up the rest of the regular season and miss the playoffs.  Some might call it rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

We are playing meaningful games after the New Year.  The way things have gone the past 30 years, I'll take it!

The last thing I would have wanted was TH to start, we lose, and then we all wonder what would have happened if CW played.  Now we will know.  We already know what TH can and can't do, let's see CW with the same offensive game plan that has won us some games over the second half.  Especially heading into this off-season and needing to know at what price do we want to keep CW, if at all.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

know the QB has to make the plays.  But if Turner is dropping Wentz back and having him sit in the pocket waiting for longer developing routes, we don't stand a chance.  It will get ugly quick, like the lions and eagles games.

I concur, that's one of the reasons I liked what I saw In wentz's limited action against the 9ers.

The second he came in the game they full out blitzed almost every play because they know he's not mobile and prone to take tons of sacks and he was getting the ball out quick over and over.

It looked like turner had learned a little from the earlier games and compensated for it with his play calling.

Hopefully that carries over to the browns game.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We are playing meaningful games after the New Year.  The way things have gone the past 30 years, I'll take it!

The last thing I would have wanted was TH to start, we lose, and then we all wonder what would have happened if CW played.  Now we will know.  We already know what TH can and can't do, let's see CW with the same offensive game plan that has won us some games over the second half.  Especially heading into this off-season and needing to know at what price do we want to keep CW, if at all.  

That's fine and I don't disagree with any of it.  

It's not an original thought and it's been said plenty around here; I think these guys are just equally as bad for different reasons.  Heinicke has a noodle arm, questionable decision making...but he can stretch plays with his legs and keep things alive.  Wentz has a cannon but he's a statue in the pocket and will probably take more sacks.  I think his decision making can be questionable, too.

So, pick your poison.  But I am sort of glad we're getting to see what Wentz can/can't do as well.  I've had enough of Heinicke.

• Like 1