Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I can't believe I was called an emotional disaster by someone I haven't even dated yet and yet somehow dudes defending the QB who just went 10 vs 10 against our defense are playing the victim. 

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Man, you guys are actually arguing with this dude. I love a good internet fight, but even I don't want to waste time with him lmao :chair:

you okay? You usually enjoy this.  :ols:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve literally done nothing but login to the VPN.  It’s crickets from here until 2023 and having started this new job in August, I don’t have the PTO to burn.

Responding Jim Carrey GIF

Living the dream, but I'd still spend my time getting my 15th straight Retro Bowl championship. I'm on 14 so far, but finally stalled out from winning too often. Rocking that 209-30 record.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

People are blaming the defense because there are expectations for relatively quality play.

People aren’t blaming the offense because with our QB and OL there is no reason to think they could do well.

And that tells you everything about our QB position at the moment.

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Defense?

You're blaming...

Okay. You're not a real account. This was created to laugh at those of us who watch the games. I've figured it out. 

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The only reasons folks are railing on the defense is because of the expectation that they should dominate every opponent, force turnovers, and flip field position regularly.  This expectation is only there because it’s how we’ve won even though these folks are the ones telling us it’s because the guys play for Heinicke of whom is cerebral and crafty in the pocket and doesn’t take sacks.  🤔

The reason people are "blaming" the defense is because they allowed them to march 98 yards for a TD. Ron wasn't too happy about it in his presser. The way our offense was playing a stop during the 98 yard drive could have helped possibly win the game. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Heinicke is starting against the 49ers, but I bet his leash is short.

Didn't people say if we lose to the Giants he is done. Now thinking more about it. Will Wentz have the proper chemistry to get Terry involved or will he try to stick with Jahan? Also these bombs he is going to throw down the field are not going to be there since our OL can't pass protect at all. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. At this point I guess you could put Wentz in and see what happens. But then again it might be too late this late in the season to get everyone on the same page with Wentz and the players around him. 

Edited by zCommander

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

The reason people are "blaming" the defense is because they allowed them to march 98 yards for a TD. Ron wasn't too happy about it in his presser. The way our offense was playing a stop during the 98 yard drive could have helped possible win the game. 

Who was happy about it?  The defense wasn’t as good as they’ve played of late.  But no defense dominates every team, every week and if giving up 13 points is a poor performance - what is scoring a net 2 on offense? 

This team doesn't have a viable option at QB.  The arguments for or against TH or Wentz are silly IMO.  What you gain by putting in Carson doesn't give you any better chance to win in my opinion because of his liabilities.  TH has to many liabilities to win consistently without a lot of luck and/or the defense scoring points. 

I am leaning towards hoping they put Carson in.  We've seen bad TH for a few games and its probably time to see some more bad from Carson.  Need to make sure Ron doesn't somehow forget that Wentz sucks and talk himself into keeping Carson  during the off season.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Didn't people say if we lose to the Giants he is done. Now thinking more about it. Will Wentz have the proper chemistry to get Terry involved or will he try to stick with Jahan? Also these bombs he is going to throw down the field are not going to be there since our OL can't pass protect at all. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. At this point I guess you could put Wentz in and see what happens. But then again it might be too late this late in the season to get everyone on the same page with Wentz and the players around him. 

I’ve always thought he needed to lose two in a row to get benched.  His individual performances have warranted a benching for a while though.

I’m under no illusion that Wentz is going to be good.  He could be indecisive and careless with the ball just the same as Taylor.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Who was happy about it?  The defense wasn’t as good as they’ve played of late.  But no defense dominates every team, every week and if giving up 13 points is a poor performance - what is scoring a net 2 on offense? 

People were expecting more since we had two weeks to figure out how to stop them. Ron also said we have to fix the redzone failure as well. Nothing happened in two weeks at all. Maybe too much rest was bad for them. 

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I hate to say it, but it depends on the ownership.  If the ownership was in place, I’d remove the staff after the season, bring in a GM to pick his coaching staff.  Then you can make a plan to build the roster.  

It is easy to say remove everyone. Who is out there that could come in and turn things around right away? Wouldn't be easier to figure out who the QB should be and get some bodies to protect the QB instead?

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I hate to say it, but it depends on the ownership.  If the ownership was in place, I’d remove the staff after the season, bring in a GM to pick his coaching staff.  Then you can make a plan to build the roster.  

Rivera will get another year, at least. If he moved on from Turner, I wouldn't be disappointed. But stay or go, it won't matter next year--especially if the new ownership is transitioning in. 

47 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I mean...Leno getting beat immediately didn't help the situation.   Empty set on 2nd and 18 from your own 10?   not helpful either.

Having said that, I'd like to see the all 22 and see if there was anyone open right away.

sure those things matter

but if you’re holding to ball and you fumble that’s on you. It just is. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

It is easy to say remove everyone. Who is out there that could come in and turn things around right away? Wouldn't be easier to figure out who the QB should be and get some bodies to protect the QB instead?

That's the best we can hope for at this point. Next year will be a lame duck season if ownership is in flux during the offseason. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It is easy to say just get a QB.  Look at the history of this organization!

Right now we have someone in charge who is trying to win now and is also in charge of strengthening the future.  Those roles are in conflict with each other.  And the person in charge is no closer to finding the QB than they were when they walked in the door three years ago.

I will add that it’s hard to accept that we need to build the team the right way when they (including previous regimes) have done a good job getting really good players in place.  They just haven’t been able to take advantage of these hits in drafting.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Rivera will get another year, at least. If he moved on from Turner, I wouldn't be disappointed. But stay or go, it won't matter next year--especially if the new ownership is transitioning in. 

I don't understand why they extended Turner but I think Rivera's fate and his are intertwined at this point.  He's not going to fire him. 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, I don’t think it makes sense to get rid of him next year when the ownership situation is unresolved.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

It is easy to say just get a QB.  Look at the history of this organization!

Right now we have someone in charge who is trying to win now and is also in charge of strengthening the future.  Those roles are in conflict with each other.  And the person in charge is no closer to finding the QB than they were when they walked in the door three years ago.

And yet he has to try something. Just because we haven't found a QB yet doesn't mean you give up looking for one. We should try and draft another one imo. Give Howell a shot to start the season and then trot out the rookie if it's not working. If we go into next season with Heinicke or Wentz as the starter we are dead in the water. If we bring in a Marcus Mariota type we are also dead in the water. 

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

. If he moved on from Turner,

No one is taking this job knowing ron is a lame duck. 

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

And this is why I am dying to get Ron out and get a proper organization set up in place.