Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Mariota in this run heavy O would slap. Add in the read option and a QB who is a legit running threat and this O takes a step. It would be most helpful in the RZ where the misdirection could lead to some walk in scores. I'm not sure the pass game would improve very much but the run game would be even more efficient an nigh-unstoppable.

I personally thought MM was the best option for this year. Didnt think he was a long term option. Still isnt. Hes a smart guy too that would have learned the system with relative ease IMO. 

I still want a rookie to build around.

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Plus taylor is 7 feet tall.

He kills db's by the hundreds. 

on Sunday he's gonna consume the falcons with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Want to talk about off the rails. Yeesh.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Explain to me then, how both those sentences aren’t saying the exact same thing 

Okay, you're  assuming these guys are saying that if Watson was here we coulde cheer for Heinicke to replace him. While that is true, that's  not the sentiment most would take from it.

What that sentence  is meant to say and most are taking it as is "If Watson were here we wouldn't  feel like we could cheer the Commanders starting QB, which we can do with Heinicke as starter"

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

12 out of 20 starts for TH have ended in one score games....our record is 9-3.

1 score games end up at 50% on an over time average. Most teams don't go above 55%. 

Taylors time will come crashing down sometime. Hey maybe we'll get that luck next year when we have an openly tanking QB room of TH and Howell.

23 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Okay, you're  assuming these guys are saying that if Watson was here we coulde cheer for Heinicke to replace him. While that is true, that's  not the sentiment most would take from it.

What that sentence  is meant to say and most are taking it as is "If Watson were here we wouldn't  feel like we could cheer the Commanders starting QB, which we can do with Heinicke as starter"

No I understand the meaning. I was just saying that the placement of “so” and “because” doesn’t change the meaning at all. 

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

12 out of 20 starts for TH have ended in one score games....our record is 9-3.

Is that true?

2021: Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, Raiders Ws.

Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles Ls.

2022: Packers, Colts Ws.

Vikings L.

7-4.

I could see making a case for counting this years Eagles game.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh, ok. Agreed

also, “so” or “because” doesn’t change the sentence at all so I feel like correcting me on that was kinda not necessary :P 

"So" means the former causes the latter.

"Because" means the latter causes the former.

Ice is solid, so it is frozen.

The water is frozen, because it is cold.

They're literally opposites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

"So" means the former causes the latter.

"Because" means the latter causes the former.

Ice is solid, so it is frozen.

The water is frozen, because it is cold.

They're literally opposites.

“We’d want Watson as our QB, because we can cheer for heinicke (due to Watson being an awful person)”

“we’d want Watson so that we can cheer for heinicke (due to Watson being an awful person)”

both have the same intended point, either word in that sentence doesn’t change the meaning at all, as shown in my examples 

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Is that true?

2021: Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, Raiders Ws.

Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles Ls.

2022: Packers, Colts Ws.

Vikings L.

7-4.

I could see making a case for counting this years Eagles game.

I counted the Eagles win, even though it was technically an 11 point win   I also counted the Bucs win; but just realized they won by 10, but that was really a one score game.

The Cowboys losses were blowouts.

Edited by FLSkinz83

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“We’d want Watson as our QB, because we can cheer for heinicke (due to Watson being an awful person)”

“we’d want Watson so that we can cheer for heinicke (due to Watson being an awful person)”

both have the same intended point, either word in that sentence doesn’t change the meaning at all, as shown in my examples 

why in the blue **** would we WANT Watson so we can cheer for Heinicke? And how does that relate to my posted conversation about guys we’d take Heinicke over?

You’re wrong. You correct everyone’s grammar and messages on this forum, you typed my words incorrectly, you were proven wrong. Take the L and move on. Holy ****.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Good lord stop with the grammar discussion please

Agree. Who knew correcting him with his “quote” that he typed incorrectly from my post would turn into remedial English class? :ols:

• Like 1