Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s one of the things you get with Heinicke. Guy doesn’t break mentally. He makes bad plays, bad passes, good passes, good plays, bad reads, good reads, good scrambles, bad scrambles… but that is how he plays all the time. 

No moment is too big or too small for him. He’s him. And that is an advantage. I like him on our team more than Wentz so far. So if we have to keep two QBs from this roster going into next season it’s an easy pick for me.

I’ve never disliked Heinicke’s mentality and attitude. And he seems like a good dude. Still hope we upgrade QB (and I kind of hope that upgrade is Sam Howell)

I’d be curious to see the data on his drives after a turnover - my impression is that he has success more often than not (to the point that I expect it).  Feel the same about 4th downs.  Mentally tough for sure.  

Sidenote…

It’s strange for me - as much as I respect the guy, as much as I want to see him succeed, like rooting for him and watching him play - a small part of me wants him off the team after this year.  I just don’t wanna be in a similar position in the future where the staff feels they have to play the guy with zero franchise potential because “he finds ways to win games”.  I know it’s illogical - that’s what you want your backup doing after all.  Out of my hands though, so I’m gonna ignore that and just root for him.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The guy signed an 8 million dollar deal two years ago, I think he can buy some sneakers without being accused of being loose with money.

I know this isn't the hair to split and certainly doesn't help my odd rant seem any less nonsensical, but I thought it was $4Mil for 2 years.

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

a small part of me wants him off the team after this year.

A very very large part of me want to see him be a long term starter for any of the other NFC East teams.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

know this isn't the hair to split and certainly doesn't help my odd rant seem any less nonsensical, but I thought it was $4Mil for 2 years.

Heinicke reportedly signed a two-year extension worth $8.75 million. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the deal includes incentives based on how many games he starts.

which means he can buy 3/4 of a million dollars worth of nikes and still have 8 million left over.

All the things athletes do to blow tens of millions buying some sneakers is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by redskinss

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Heinicke reportedly signed a two-year extension worth $8.75 million. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, 

I wasn't arguing. You didn't have to get loud like that, *kicksrocks*

I guess I should worry more about the spending habits of MartyCo than Mr. Sneaker Head.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I know this isn't the hair to split and certainly doesn't help my odd rant seem any less nonsensical, but I thought it was $4Mil for 2 years.

A very very large part of me want to see him be a long term starter for any of the other NFC East teams.

The actual number based on overthecap.com if he gets full value is about $5.6M. But seriously, why is it a problem for him to buy some shoes? And why would his sister care? My guess is he has already paid her back adn then some. Seems an odd thing to trash him for. 

BTW: He went to Old DOminion, not exactly a skate school. I could not find his grades but I did see that in 2012 he was CAA Academic All-Conference. My guess is he will make the salary he gains go further than most of the guys making 4 or 5 times as much. 

• Like 1

@Koolblue13 the booze thing is a league rule and Goodell released a statement about it in light of Heinicke's video and the Titans OC thing, so Rivera didn't have a choice but to "discipline" the guys. I'm sure it was just a slap on the wrist but league policy is league policy and when the Commissioner gets involved, your hands are tied.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Heinicke reportedly signed a two-year extension worth $8.75 million. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the deal includes incentives based on how many games he starts.

which means he can buy 3/4 of a million dollars worth of nikes and still have 8 million left over.

All the things athletes do to blow tens of millions buying some sneakers is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Not really the point or important really. Just odd but Overthcap shows about $5.6M.  

image.png.73ceb2b9522b37baef98ee9db129bc98.png

Edited by goskins10

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The actual number based on overthecap.com if he gets full value is about $5.6M. But seriously, why is it a problem for him to buy some shoes? And why would his sister care? My guess is he has already paid her back adn then some. Seems an odd thing to trash him for. 

BTW: He went to Old DOminion, not exactly a skate school. I could not find his grades but I did see that in 2012 he was CAA Academic All-Conference. My guess is he will make the salary he gains go further than most of the guys making 4 or 5 times as much. 

The sneaker thing was a joke. Yes, I think collecting sneakers is on par with collecting beanie babies and really dumb, but I was just attempting to be funny. I'm sure he had an amazing academic career, just like most professional athletes. 

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

@Koolblue13 the booze thing is a league rule and Goodell released a statement about it in light of Heinicke's video and the Titans OC thing, so Rivera didn't have a choice but to "discipline" the guys. I'm sure it was just a slap on the wrist but league policy is league policy and when the Commissioner gets involved, your hands are tied.

Yeah, I get that, but lie I said, the Eagles have been posting that stuff all season. The DUI dip**** obviously ruined it for everyone and we became the poster child for it.

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Actually, it appears Rivera chose to discipline the guys Tuesday morning, which was before the titans OC forced goodell to get a handle on this whole thing with his DUI. It wasn’t as if the titans OC thing happened, AND THEN Rivera felt like he had to do something. 

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, I get that, but lie I said, the Eagles have been posting that stuff all season. The DUI dip**** obviously ruined it for everyone and we became the poster child for it.

I can't speak to the Eagles thing, but when Heinicke came on Pat McAfee's show on Tuesday apparently McAfee said just before they ran the clip they were told it violated League policy and they very not-subtle-y danced around it. That might have also drawn attention to it. Whatever... with all the other horse**** swirling around the organization at all times I'm sure Rivera wasn't too bothered by it.

As for the sneaker thing, it's not how I would spend that amount of money but at least it isn't as stupid as buying a $200K depreciating asset like a Lambo or something equally ostentatious.  

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I can't speak to the Eagles thing, but when Heinicke came on Pat McAfee's show on Tuesday apparently McAfee said just before they ran the clip they were told it violated League policy and they very not-subtle-y danced around it. That might have also drawn attention to it. Whatever... with all the other horse**** swirling around the organization at all times I'm sure Rivera wasn't too bothered by it.

If Rivera wasn’t too bothered by it, he wouldn’t have addressed the team about it on Tuesday morning, and he wouldn’t have handed out the discipline that morning either. The Washington football talk podcast guys even said on their Wednesday podcast that Riveras message to the guys was “act like you’ve been there before”, and basically, don’t let that win cause you to lose focus. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

As for the sneaker thing, it's not how I would spend that amount of money but at least it isn't as stupid as buying a $200K depreciating asset like a Lambo or something equally ostentatious.  

You have obviously never driven a Lambo before, because I can assure you, it's amazing and looks a hell of a lot better than sneakers.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If Rivera wasn’t too bothered by it, he wouldn’t have addressed the team about it on Tuesday morning, and he wouldn’t have handed out the discipline that morning either. The Washington football talk podcast guys even said on their Wednesday podcast that Riveras message to the guys was “act like you’ve been there before”, and basically, don’t let that win cause you to lose focus. 

It was probably like when your mom yells at you for drinking too many jack and cokes on a school night.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Carson holds the ball and looked afraid/shook against the Eagles. TH had every reason to similarly break after the strip sack.......

Not over sack was like that, some he didn't stand a chance.  Even Taylor has gotta sacked like that this year.

The two games had very different game plans, one with much more effort to not ask the QB to win the game for us then the other.

Not every sack was a deer in headlights moment, that did happen a couple times, but not all of them.  And it would behoove us to call games the way we are winning versus going back to what wasn't working when Wentz was in there, Bears was closest game to that transition to being more run oriented like now and we won.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I just remembered the reports that came out when he signed it but those reports may have been inaccurate. 

No, you were correct first time around. His deal included 2mil per year incentives which took that to the max value you said.

Chances are he winds up making 6mil over the two years 2021 and 2022.

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You have obviously never driven a Lambo before, because I can assure you, it's amazing and looks a hell of a lot better than sneakers.

Went to a track in Vegas and drove a Lambo Huracan and a Ferrari 458. Super fun cars but couldn't imagine driving one around in a city.

I used to have a Jag F-Type that I whipped around LA, that's about as close to the ground as I'd commute in. If I get to the point where I spend that kind of money on a car, I'd go Bentley GT. But honestly I'm lower-key than I was in my mid-20s single banker days. They're just toys, plus having stuff like that puts a target on your back. Just ask Brian Robinson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

More so the Bears lost....The O sucked.

Yawn...they've been averaging 30ppg since they lost to us.

Way to give no credit to the defense or Wentz for winning anyway despite simultaneously getting the injury that's had him out since that game.