Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hard to decide for me based on one game.

But i have had this one unexpressed thought watching Wentz -- the offense wasn't just flat, he himself personality wise looked flat-uninspired on the field - his personality matched the flatness of the offense.  They way they would go into the huddle, move from play to play -- hit me it came off to my eyes a bit lethargic. 

lol, I'd love to morph Heinicke's personality on Wentz.  

To me I'll double down watching Heinicke that he isn't a starter material -- too many floaters, accuracy isn't hot, etc.  But he brings some oomph and moxie to the offense which might work better than what Wentz brings from the context of this team doesn't seem to have many emotional leader types.

Or the oline Wentz needs.  They’ll still cause headaches for TH of course, he just deals with it a bit better.  I hear ya too on Wentz playing…  “medium”, good point.  Maybe he’s trying to fight the fiery, red-head stereotype, lol.  Seriously though, I wonder if he just needs some more time to get comfortable.

Wentz’s arm on TH, or TH’s personality and mobility on Wentz :)

The feeding off of Heinicke's energy is obvious.  do I think Heinicke is the answer?  Heck no.  But I'll double down that he brings some energy to this offense that to my eyes Wentz doesn't -- even though Wentz is clearly more talented.

I said this on another thread, Wentz to me doesn't look as good as the Colts version of him.  This version of Wentz is almost purely a pocket passer with very little mobility. 

I was jazzed to see the Colts version of Wentz.  But he oddly looks more sluggish in the pocket than he did with the Colts.   And i am not a big fan of the tempo-body language he plays with -- on that i'd give Heinicke the edge.  Heinicke while is limited physically for sure -- plays with tempo-fire.  Wentz to me is flat.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Or the oline Wentz needs.  They’ll still cause headaches for TH of course, he just deals with it a bit better.  I hear ya too on Wentz playing…  “medium”, good point.  Maybe he’s trying to fight the fiery, red-head stereotype, lol.  Seriously though, I wonder if he just needs some more time to get comfortable.

You described Sam Howell in the last sentence. I’m not kidding.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think simply put, Wentz's mobility is a shadow of himself.  Heck I think dudes like Derek Carr who is considered a pocket passer has distinctly more mobility than Wentz..

There is nothing I saw today that i loved from Heinicke except for one thing the fire he plays with.  And i like to see that on the field considering how many quiet guys we have on this team.  It's another reason why I think Chase Young coming back could end up a big deal -- in Chase's case its the talent but he also is a rare dude for this team who plays with emotion which his teammates at times feed off. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You described Sam Howell in the last sentence. I’m not kidding.

Howell has a rocket versus Heinicke's noodle arm which was on display again today.  Howell actually brings even more mobility than Taylor.

From what i've read and heard about Sam's personality which is a lot -- he's not a Taylor personality wise.  Sam is more of a quiet-shy dude versus Taylor.  But Sam plays with moxie so his play sort of gives a spark.  i'd be jazzed to see Howell.

there was nothing I saw today that got me excited about Heinicke.  It more brought home to me that i don't think Wentz is likely the answer. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Howell has a rocket versus Heinicke's noodle arm which was on display again today.  Howell actually brings even more mobility than Taylor.

From what i've read and heard about Sam's personality which is a lot -- he's not a Taylor personality wise.  Sam is more of a quiet-shy dude versus Taylor.  But Sam plays with moxie so his play sort of gives a spark.  i'd be jazzed to see Howell.

there was nothing I saw today that got me excited about Heinicke.  It more brought home to me that i don't think Wentz is likely the answer. 

Agree.

I got more about Wentz today than I did TH (though I didn’t think Wentz was it to begin with, but today sold that)

• Like 3

For me its not so much Wentz's mobility but his lack of awareness, he has some of the worst pocket awareness and decision making I've ever seen and he seems to lack the ability to get his teammates engaged and excited.

Play Sam or Heine I don't care but please no more Wentz when he's healthy.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

For me its not so much Wentz's mobility but his lack of awareness, he has some of the worst pocket awareness and decision making I've ever seen and he seems to lack the ability to get his teammates engaged and excited.

Lack of awareness seems part of it, agree.  But yeah i like how you put it lack of ability to get his teammates engaged and excited -- it seems obvious watching him.   Lack of tempo, lack of oomph -- his body language seemed to match the lethargy of the offense especially when things weren't going well.

Assume this is a joke but either way its funny to me

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lack of awareness seems part of it, agree.  But yeah i like how you put it lack of ability to get his teammates engaged and excited -- it seems obvious watching him.   Lack of tempo, lack of oomph -- his body language seemed to match the lethargy of the offense especially when things weren't going well.

I think he’s trying way too hard to not butt heads with guys like he may have done in Philly and Indy. So he’s just kind of smiling and happy to be there guy now. Which… takes him out of what he did.

Semi off this topic but :ols: Andrew Siciliano right now on Red Zone:

”Kenneth Walker had a day! Tyler Heinicke… threw some passes.”

:ols:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa in serious trouble here.  They don't have the Wr they had last year. They may win the south but I doubt they do anything in playoffs.

Edited by Redskins 2021

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Uh oh..........if thats true then that could be baddddd

Nevermind I missed the part  about it possibly being a joke...but yeah Brady should have saved his marriage and stayed retired 

Edited by DazedSkinsfan
  • Thumb up 1

Turner did a poor job keeping TH in the pocket the first half.   I was begging for a bootleg and the first play of the 2nd half was a bootleg.

Some think I'm a Hiver, whatever that means, but I'm a realist.  TH has stones and intangibles.   If put in a good position to succeed, we can win games with him....Are we winning the SB with him leading the way?  No.   Can you make the playoffs with him?   Yep.

Put some respect on the man's name!   

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

...but yeah Brady should have saved his marriage and stayed retired 

His marriage wasn't in trouble until he decided to come back. Before that he was going to go into media and would have had more time to spend time with his wife and the kids. This is what she wanted and was probably looking forward to it finally. He went against her wishes. I really didn't understand why Tom came back when he un-retired. What else was there left to prove? Have 8 SB rings instead of 7 over wife and kids and a happy family?

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 3

The QB for this season? Who effing cares. The coaching staff will limit everything in actual meaningful games we all want to see win. I’m more concerned about the future. They are firmly in the middle and won’t  re sign Wentz. So what are they going to do? Won’t sign anyone. No one worth trading for. Drafting from the 2nd /3rd tier QB AGAIN?

purgatory continues 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Taylor does one thing most washington qbs havent done under snyder and that is win games. He is a marginal qb but wins games

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

The QB for this season? Who effing cares. The coaching staff will limit everything in actual meaningful games we all want to see win. I’m more concerned about the future. They are firmly in the middle and won’t  re sign Wentz. So what are they going to do? Won’t sign anyone. No one worth trading for. Drafting from the 2nd /3rd tier QB AGAIN?

purgatory continues 

You have already written Howell off?

If (and it's a big if) some of Wentz's problem was a lack of familiarity with Turner's offense, then he better study his arse off for the next 4-6 weeks. TH may be limited physically but he seems to know what he's doing out there and is far more exciting than Wentz has been so far.

Oh no, I seem to be drifting over to the dark side!

Edited by London Kev
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

If (and it's a big if) some of Wentz's problem was a lack of familiarity with Turner's offense, then he better study his arse off for the next 4-6 weeks. TH may be limited physically but he seems to know what he's doing out there and is far more exciting than Wentz das been so far.

Oh no, I seem to be drifting over to the dark side!

bd1.jpg.9f803210653f2ba0355078597c9d45ba.jpg

• Haha 5