Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Yes Wentz hasn't been good but I admit I am enjoying the Ryan meltdown.  As I said in the off season, I think the dude had a really good career and is underrrated but at his age you don't know if its over for him.  the Colts reporters and national media acted like the dude was Brady and was magic in camp.  I got nothing against Ryan personnally -- Ryan didn't tout himself but still its fun to see this.  Niow it would be a lot more fun if Wentz though played well.  Maybe this week?  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Lord this team is trash but honestly, our next 4 games are winnable.....

Even the packers? Rodgers, even with lesser receivers than he’s played with in the past, will CARVE US UP. 

id say 3 of our next 4 are winnable. Titans, Bears, DEFINITELY colts after last night

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Even the packers? Rodgers, even with lesser receivers than he’s played with in the past, will CARVE US UP. 

id say 3 of our next 4 are winnable. Titans, Bears, DEFINITELY colts after last night

I thought about it, but i just think the packers are vulnerable right now. We almost beat them last year with TH.

If they're going to turn it around and have a magical season, it has to be enough magic to take a wild card spot. We're not beating the Eagles for the division if they stay their course, and anything short of a playoffs ticket is an immense waste of time and resources that could be gained in the draft.

I have to say.. watching the game last night put a little smile on my face, as inept and incompetent as Washington FO is, there are other Franchises that are even worse... and man, that deal and draft capital Denver gave up for Wilson is going to keep them in the gutter for a loooong time 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

I thought about it, but i just think the packers are vulnerable right now. We almost beat them last year with TH.

I believe that was last year.

Right now the Packers have won 3 of 4, including over the Brady lead Bucs who were 13-4 last year and are 2nd in Point differential in the NFC.

38 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Right now the Packers have won 3 of 4, including over the Brady lead Bucs who were 13-4 last year and are 2nd in Point differential in the NFC.

The bucs didnt have a starting reciever for that game and were missing a few Oline as well.  Last year the Packers had Devonte Adams.  This year they scare me a lot less on offense. They just went to OT against the patriots 3rd string rookie QB. Its a game we could win.

Also, citing last year.... We beat the Bucs and their 13-4 record with TH as qb.  Im not sure why citing last year is irrilevant to my point but relevant to yours.

Edited by NeverSurrender
"Last Year"
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

To quote you: “I believe that was last year” :P  

however, I agree we’ll lose that game 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

38 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

To quote you: “I believe that was last year” :P  

however, I agree we’ll lose that game 

Oh, I was just pointing out the obvious to the guy who said they were vulnerable right now and used last year as an example, which I dont think is the best point.

We shouldn’t be favored the rest of the year.  We are the get right game for other teams.

If Ron reaches the point where he benches Carson, just cut him. If he’s benched, he’s done in the nfl as a starter.

Just go with Taylor/ Sam the rest of the way. Get Sam ready to start asap, after benching Carson. You don’t want Taylor starting to many games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CommanderDOOM said:

It's sad but I bet the over that half our fan base feels the same way

LOL, I mean you just know it happens so its not out the realm of possibility. Lavar, Sean, RG3, Chase. Robinson is different in that he isn’t as hyped as those guys so maybe he’ll avoid the curse. Hopefully though getting shot is part of it.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

LOL, I mean you just know it happens so its not out the realm of possibility. Lavar, Sean, RG3, Chase. Robinson is different in that he isn’t as hyped as those guys so maybe he’ll avoid the curse. Hopefully though getting shot is part of it.

Yeah, but all u need is a few alphas and betas on each side of the ball click at the right time. Throw in that special dude and u got something....

The story of 8 is building and could be that spark.

Wentz ranks 21st out of 31 qualified passers in ESPN’s total quarterback rating (QBR), which “values the quarterback on all play types on a 0-100 scale adjusted for the strength of opposing defenses faced.” The film-watching game charters at Pro Football Focus rank Wentz 27th — ahead of only Joe Flacco, Baker Mayfield and Justin Fields — among qualified passers through four games. The former measurement is objective and the latter ranking is subjective, but both come to the same conclusion: Wentz has been a woefully below-average quarterback with Washington.

“I got to be better. I got to be more consistent,” Wentz said after throwing for 170 yards and two interceptions in the Commanders’ 25-10 loss to the Cowboys, which dropped Washington to 1-3.

For a franchise that cycled through 25 different starting quarterbacks between when Snyder bought the team in 1999 and Wentz arrived in March, the No. 2 pick in the 2016 draft must at least be an improvement over many of the castoffs who wore burgundy and gold before him, right? Not exactly.

According to the expected points added (EPA) metric, which accounts for the down, distance and field position of each passing play, the Commanders have scored 19 points fewer than expected in four games with Wentz at quarterback, per data from TruMedia. Among Washington quarterbacks since 2000, the first year for which EPA data is available, only Dwayne Haskins had a worse cumulative EPA (-31 in 2020) over the first four games of the season. Haskins was benched after Washington started 1-3.

Wentz ranks just behind Mark Brunell in 2006 and Jason Campbell in 2009 among the Washington quarterbacks with the worst cumulative EPA through four weeks. Both of their teams started 2-2. Taylor Heinicke (6.5 EPA/game in 2021) and Kirk Cousins (6.3 EPA/game in 2014) had the best four-game starts to a season since 2000.

Despite the rocky start to Wentz’s tenure with Washington, his EPA through four games is far from the worst over a four-game stretch at any point in a season for a Commanders quarterback since Coach Ron Rivera was hired three years ago. That distinction belongs to Alex Smith, who led Washington to 39 points fewer than expected from Week 11 to Week 14 in 2020. (Incidentally, Washington won all four of those games.) Wentz had multiple four-game stretches with Philadelphia in 2020 in which the Eagles scored 21 to 50 fewer points than expected, volatility that led to his benching in favor of Jalen Hurts and eventually a trade to the Indianapolis Colts.

There is time for Wentz to turn things around, but if his level of production persists for the entire year, his full-season EPA would rank 23rd out of 25 qualified Washington passers over the past two decades, ahead of only Haskins and Smith in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/10/07/carson-wentz-struggles-commanders/

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, oraphus said:

I have to say.. watching the game last night put a little smile on my face, as inept and incompetent as Washington FO is, there are other Franchises that are even worse... and man, that deal and draft capital Denver gave up for Wilson is going to keep them in the gutter for a loooong time 

And then giving him a huge extension…

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

To point this out is blasphemy here.  You will be attacked by people who know a lot more about football then you.

Yeah I was all for us going with TH this year and drafting Kenny Pickett but that was taboo evidently. Everyone else told me I should want us to get Trubisky, Mariota, or Wentz type qbs bc they can throw the ball far like Jamarcus Russell. I guess I just don’t know much about football 😕

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

Yeah I was all for us going with TH this year and drafting Kenny Pickett but that was taboo evidently. Everyone else told me I should want us to get Trubisky, Mariota, or Wentz type qbs bc they can throw the ball far like Jamarcus Russell. I guess I just don’t know much about football 😕

I was all for TH this year but draft a QB in 2023's draft since that is a better QB class. I said to build the OL, DL and improve the secondary instead. But it was more important to stretch the field and ignoring the OL. Now the OL can't protect or give time to QB to actually be able to use his strong arm to throw beyond 20 yards.

TH could have thrown for 20 yards and for $28 million less. But hey only dumbasses make these type of analysis and those who don't know football.... 😂

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1