Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Yep. Watching and thinking the same thing. 

Yeah and another thing, Deebo Samuel being a beast and kind of a dynamic talent aside, I don't think the 49ers have as much talent at their skill positions as the Commanders do, player for player, but they have a coordinator that puts the players into fantastic spots that always seem to generate lots of YAC even on short passes.  It is such a contrast to trying to sit through Scott Turner's play designs.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

They were two horrible throws yes. However, the flags were the correct call. 

Yea but the same actions by dallas and their dbs didnt get flags on them. If the refs had called it both ways super but calling it one sided was not good for the league

1 minute ago, Conn said:

no

Irsay had an ex girlfriend he partied with and did drugs with while still married to his wife kill herself in a condo he purchased for her after he pushed her aside. That is far worse than anything dan has done 

8 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Because they were so bad they lucked into Manning and to a lesser degree Andrew Luck.

Would be funny if they fired Reich and we hire him.

It's because Irsay will actually hire a GM with pedigree.  It's not in Dan's psyche to care about hiring a GM with pedigree -- he cares more about landing a drinking buddy and a dude who will shield him when he makes personnel moves in the dark. 

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

With Peyton 

Irsay is a drug addict who caused the death of another human . That is levels far above how awful dan is.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/10/15/colts-owner-jim-irsays-troubles-could-go-beyond-march-arrest/17319345/

I don't know who is the bigger loser off the field.  And I don't care that much.  Dan is a the bigger loser on the field. 

lol, i can tell @Wyvern isn't digging my posts.  I don't get too many thumbs down typically let alone two within seconds.  What's your beef back off of Dan?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's because Irsay will actually hire a GM with pedigree.  It's not in Dan's psyche to care about hiring a GM with pedigree -- he cares more about landing a drinking buddy and a dude who will shield him when he makes personnel moves in the dark. 

I don't know who is the bigger loser off the field.  And I don't care that much.  Dan is a the bigger loser on the field. 

If the nfl is looking into allegations that dan mistreated people and they didnt remove irsay from owning the colts after all of this then there is no way they remove dan.

jim is an awful human that only won when he was strung out on drugs and now that he is sober he sucks 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

If the nfl is looking into allegations that dan mistreated people and they didnt remove irsay from owning the colts after all of this then there is no way they remove dan.

jim is an awful human that only won when he was strung out on drugs and now that he is sober he sucks 

Not sure what you want me to say, Dan isn't the worst owner in the NFL its Irsay.  Sorry, i indeed think its Dan.  And i think i am far from an outlier on this.  and that doesn't mean I think much of Irsay, i've been making fun of Irsay on this thread for months.

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Dan's issues were directly related to sexual harassments at a workplace. Irsay had an affair and what not. That is more on a personal level and marriage issues. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, i can tell @Wyvern isn't digging my posts.  I don't get too many thumbs down typically let alone two within seconds.  What's your beef back off of Dan?

Did Scot McCLoughan have pedigree?   

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Holy crap. Jimmy Garappolo is a better quarterback than Carson Wentz. 

Shanahan is much better than Turner

2 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Skins -- you want this in public? You really want to defend the Irsays? They were worse than Snyder before he emerged into everything he became.

Where I am defending the Irsays?  And you gave me thumbs down on another post that has nothing to do with Irsay that took a shot at Dan.  So I was just asking that's all?  

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Did Scot McCLoughan have pedigree?   

It was the one time he came close.  but Bruce was still his boss and Bruce was very clear about it.  

7 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Skins -- you want this in public? You really want to defend the Irsays? They were worse than Snyder before he emerged into everything he became.

nobody’s interested in debating the relative evil inhumanity of two asshole billionaires, the point SIP is making is that Snyder has been a worse NFL owner, period. We aren’t looking over resumes for hell residence looking for the best candidate here. They’re both terrible people for many reasons. Snyder is by far the worse NFL team owner. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 49ers are good example of designing explosive plays that aren't always about heaving the ball downfield.  Very good designs where whoever the ball is thrown to is usually in space and has other skill position players in front of them for downfield blocking.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The 49ers are good example of designing explosive plays that aren't always about heaving the ball downfield.  Very good designs where whoever the ball is thrown to is usually in space and has other skill position players in front of them for downfield blocking.   

Shanahan might be the best playcaller in the league. Turner isn't in the same universe. Remember this is the same Shanahan that actually created a somewhat productive offense with Rex Grossman and Jabar Gaffney back in 2011.

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The guy who apparently was a personnel guru and was a miserable failure here.   

okay. Simply saying he was not a coveted candidate despite his rep as an evaluator. Once again we hired someone who had been discarded, from the scrap heap. 

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The guy who apparently was a personnel guru and was a miserable failure here.   

Oh, the guy with a very well documented alcohol problem, that derailed his career?  That Bruce and Dan thought was a good idea to bring into their personal frat house in Ashburn?

I’m shocked that didn’t work out.

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

okay. Simply saying he was not a coveted candidate despite his rep as an evaluator. Once again we hired someone who had been discarded, from the scrap heap. 

Agree.  He was damaged goods but Scot here wasn't even a true GM so I can't even give Dan that.  Bruce was the GM.  Scot was basically an underling top scout.  

The dudes in charge with final say of personnel for Dan's tenure have been mostly Bruce and Vinny.  With interludes of coach centric runs of Marty, Shanny, Rivera, Gibbs.

Sadlly it was the Bruce-Vinny era where Dan had the biggest reputaion for meddling with personnel.

It's been a freaking disaster. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1