Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

This was not this analyst’s point because he doesn’t like the Wentz move but all I can think looking at this list is “for non-premium draft resources how could anyone be mad at starting a guy with the tools Wentz has, after the scrubs we’ve suffered through almost my entire life?” This is just since 2019!!

We’re so ****ing damaged as a fanbase that we don’t even have room for just being able to enjoy competitive meaningful football games again—we really think we’re too good for the massive space that exists between “trade for a HOFer” and “tank for the 1.01 to draft a Luck/TLaw/Burrow type prospect”!

I get it, I really do. I wish that’s where we were as well. I know that’s when SB wins are the most realistic, I’m not an idiot. But let’s live in the real world guys. Let’s try to hope we can just enjoy the sunshine of interesting real football for a while between dark ages. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I heard him say it because after mentioning Winston he also said we should have tried to bring back Ryan Fitzpatrick so I immediately checked out on any of his opinions once I heard that. I think the guys name was Sam Monson.

What's interesting is that Cooley also said he would put Winston over Wentz which surprised me, but he mentioned he doesn't think throwing interceptions is a big deal.

I know he preferred Winson.  But did he specifically say "way more upside"?  I know he liked Winston more but when he explained it -- it came off like it was mainly because they could get Winston for nothing and he's comparable to Winston.   I'll go back and listen eventually.  Yeah I heard the part about Fitz at the end.  Monson loved the Fitz signing at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That would suck. I'll be stuck only rooting for this sorry team again.  :ols:

They just publicly endorsed Hurts last week too.

I hope they fail to land Watson for different reasons than you.  but as I've said before Howie Roseman is far from a genius drafter but when it comes to making deals he's the genius that Cerrato and Dan used to fancy themsleves to be even though they were buffons.  Roseman is a wiz at getting what he wants if he targets someone in a deal. 

Wentz is coming into a team that would have been a WC team minimum with slightly better QB play, possibly even the division. TH was primarily responsible for 21 points missed in GB. Arguably, 21 in Denver. 10 points Dallas put on us in the first game were actually on TH. Arguably 18 were missed in the second Philly game

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That would suck. I'll be stuck only rooting for this sorry team again.  :ols:

They just publicly endorsed Hurts last week too.

More of a prayer. Watson came onto a loaded team and he only improved them slightly. In his one chance to show that he could be the man, he couldn't carry the team. Further, in 2018 our defenses biggest problem came when we faced good QBs. We shut down Watson that day and would have won it had it not been for Reid's 101 yard int return (along with the 7 they got, it cost us at least 3) or an admitted non-call.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If so, I credit @Koolblue13 I don't think Roseman wants to lose him, especially with all the pro Philly props he is been putting up on this thread. 

This person is very questionable with his tweets, only been on twitter for 2+ yrs.

Edited by ClaytoAli

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hopefully they lose some talented guys and all their 1st rounders too. Going to the eagles is such a classic Redskins luck 🍀 

at least we have a QB for the first time in forever. 

Wait, what?

lying season in full swing?

I don’t know if it’s legit or just some BS, but I saw a report that says the Commanders have entered in discussions with Houston for Deshaun Watson. We’d be sending three 1st, Wentz and Sweat. 

Unless it’s from JP or Adam Schefter, I take these reports with a grain of salt. 

Edited by No Nonsense

18 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t know if it’s legit or just some BS, but I saw a report that says the Commanders have entered in discussions with Houston for Deshaun Watson. We’d be sending three 1st, Wentz and Sweat. 

Unless it’s from JP or Adam Schefter, I take these reports with a grain of salt. 

Link? Haven't seen that anywhere. 

HTTR!

Not sure how we'd be entering the fray for a guy who has final say over where he gets traded and who, according to multiple reports, does not have Washington on his short list and is pretty strict about who he'll waive his no-trade clause for.

Edited by mistertim

Boxden???? Good lord please vet your sources 

Allbright is one of the most reliable and plugged in insiders out there. To me that makes the Panthers the favorites. Shame, I wanted PIT so he’d stay in the AFC, and because I own Claypool in dynasty :ols:

If Watson was to end up in Philly it’s stupid and sad how quickly the narrative would flip here to referring to him as a rapist etc. The same people telling themselves he’d be fine to have here would suddenly see his flaws in Philly. 

59 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

This person is very questionable with his tweets, only been on twitter for 2+ yrs.

Don't care about that specific tweet but they were referring to a Aaron Wilson report who has been on our local air a couple of times recently about Watson

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Source is listed as sheehan podcast and post was editied at 10AM

If there was anything there SIP woulda caught it.

Your first instinct of it not being legit is prob the correct one.

Yeah also Sheehan wouldn't bury something like that in his podcast, he would tweet that.