Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

46 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Re Watson and legal situation. Pleading the 5th is in regard to the actual civil cases

the grand jury is to see if a criminal case will be pursued. We should actually learn a lot about the situation post grand jury

Watson is clearly the most talented of the potential QBs out there, but the situation is murky at best. Having teenage daughters and dealing with this **** from young men makes my stomach turn. I hate Dan Snyder and what he’s recently been accused of is disgusting… Watson has been accused of much worse. 

22 separate women have come forward with accusations...22!  That is insane. Don't see any way that this just goes away.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know folks want to hang onto the 'if he's not found guilty' to feel better about their stance, but something tells me when he settles, and chooses to be traded to another team  - say the Eagles, everyone will change their tune and pretend they didn't want him and that he's a monster.

I hate those people. What we should be doing is going with the baseline of him being a monster but allowing that if he gets traded to Washington,  we will forgive everything.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

From Brian Murphy (@bmurph13): How serious are the Commanders about trading for a QB and do they get it done?

From 1BJL1906 (@Big_John_1906): If you’re Ron Rivera and team trade comp is worked out for Watson or (less likely) Wilson, what’s your pitch to the player for waiving their no trade clause to become the lead Commander?

Brian, they’re very serious. They were willing to send high-end picks in the next three drafts to land Wilson. They were ready to make a similar bid for Rodgers. They offered first- and third-round picks for Matthew Stafford last year and, I’m told, would’ve upped that offer to two first-rounders if the Lions had circled back with them before dealing him to the Rams. Their lack of a franchise quarterback is for no lack of trying.

And yes, I do think the Commanders have a lot to pitch a franchise quarterback. They have a legit No. 1 receiver in Terry McLaurin, a versatile tailback in Antonio Gibson, a really good tight end in Logan Thomas, a solid offensive line and the bones of what could become a dominant defense with a few tweaks. They also play in a huge East Coast market, and a big-name quarterback would have a shot to become synonymous with the new identity there.

The drawbacks are obvious. Through no fault of the football people, it’s been a weird couple of years for the franchise, and that actually could play into their next move.

My understanding is they won’t make a move on Deshaun Watson unless there’s full settlement of his legal situation, in large part because of what’s engulfed the team since the summer of 2020. That could wind up landing them on the outside looking in, since there’s at least a chance that another team will see resolution of the criminal charges as enough to deal off a king’s ransom to get him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SuperBash said:

Just heard Schefter allude to this and I’ve thought this all along: There is no way in hell the Commanders can trade for Watson with all of their SA issues, even if Watson is fully cleared. I can’t see it happening. Not even a consideration for me.

Hide yo dance squad.

Hide yo secretary 

Ain't nobody got time for Dan and De

I haven’t heard from anywhere about this even being a possibility or that it will happen but, if they already didn’t would you (if Mayhew & Co.) call the Ravens and ask the availability of Jackson… I mean they called the Chiefs about Mahomes and various other teams but no mention of calling about Jackson… I know I know he isn’t getting dealt but again nothing beats a quitter but a try 

Edited by ashlynskins

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I hate those people. What we should be doing is going with the baseline of him being a monster but allowing that if he gets traded to Washington,  we will forgive everything.

And no more massages. EVER.

Without supervision. 

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

22 separate women have come forward with accusations...22!  That is insane. Don't see any way that this just goes away.

Oh come on.  It's clearly just a he said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said at this point.

• Haha 6

Watson isn't an option. Really. He's not.

How can people hate Snyder for accusations (which we all think are right but we don't know as it hasn't been outright proven in the court of law) but give a pass to Watson for his accusations (which many think are right but we don't know as it hasn't been outright proven in the court of law)?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Watson isn't an option. Really. He's not.

How can people hate Snyder for accusations (which we all think are right but we don't know as it hasn't been outright proven in the court of law) but give a pass to Watson for his accusations (which many think are right but we don't know as it hasn't been outright proven in the court of law)?

Because it's not about right and wrong, one they see as a winner and the other they see (rightfully so) as a loser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Oh come on.  It's clearly just a he said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said at this point.

TWSS

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Madden-20-These-players-NEED-to-be-upgraded-in-Week-10’s-roster-update.jpeg

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think Carr is a much better QB than that.  He's a top-10-ish guy.  If you're not going to get a top 5 guy, and you probably can't find anything better in the draft, get the best guy you can and go from there.  

Sounds like settling for a decent QB and being content with just making the playoffs 

Overall I have never gotten the Carr love. He’s in the decent but too expensive and hurts your team with his contract type of QB. Same tier as Kirk. 

Edited by Zim489

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Overall I have never gotten the Carr love. 

Because you're a terrible evaluator of talent and dont understand that just because someone isn't a top 5 QB, doesn't mean they're trash.

And stop pushing the narrative that they're just sitting on their hands. They went all out for everyone and even outbid teams begging for a QB. It just didn't work, but the hustle is huge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Washington should probably make a Godfather offer to the raiders and Carr.  Significantly over- pay for him in picks and contract.   Screw it.  

They need something to change the narrative.  The fan base is in open revolt, everybody hates everything.  

They need a savior.  It’s actually kindof like what Green Bay did when they got Reggie White.  GB had been a disaster for 20 years.  Everybody was SHOCKED Reggie chose GB.  But he was the first domino in a line of dominos which has led to 30 years of success.  

Carr isn’t Reggie.  But if they can get him here for 5+ years, you have a chance to change the narrative on the field.  And hope people migrate back to the stadium if the team is good. 

Again why would a pretty good team trade their starting QB with no real viable replacement who is better? I just don't understand all this Carr talk.  

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Same reason for every other athlete that gets in trouble.

We would feel diff about Snyder if he could do this

comb.io - Brother's Little Helper320 × 218

• Haha 1

I did not think that Wilson was going to be traded this year but he was. We need to get someone this year.

We missed on Stafford and Wilson because they did not want to come here. Find someone good to come here.

If Watson will come and cleared to play get him. No more excuses we need a qb.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I did not think that Wilson was going to be traded this year but he was. We need to get someone this year.

We missed on Stafford and Wilson because they did not want to come here. Find someone good to come here.

If Watson will come and cleared to play get him. No more excuses we need a qb.

I just don't understand.

I'd gladly lose games with Heinicke, who despite his faults seems to be a good human being, than win games with a (alleged) predator at the helm. I mean that in more than one way.

For what it's worth, I admire Rivera more every day for what he's been able to accomplish with that giant led balloon tied to his ankle that is the owner.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3