Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am 100% in on acquiring Watson. The biggest hurdle besides the legal issues is his agent. David Malagueta said some pretty disparaging stuff about the team and Ron when everything went south with Haskins, who was his previous client. On the other hand he was happy to take our money for Landon Collins. But that dynamic could play into where Watson chooses to waive his no trade clause. So the dude facing possible incarceration might be saying thanks Commanders but I can do better.

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think Josh Edwards CBS Sports is probably spot on with his mock draft 2022 NFL Mock Draft: Seahawks take QB with pick acquired in Russell Wilson trade, Eagles trade up for Stingley - CBSSports.com

He has Pickett to Carolina, Corral to Seahawks and Willis to Commanders.  

Despite this being a weak QB class I absolutely expect us to be picking the 3rd or 4th QB off the board at #11.

DET/HOU/NYG/CAR/ATL/SEA could all go QB while NO/TB/PIT could trade up for one in the draft.

It might be rough getting our guy or require a trade up. 

Washington should probably make a Godfather offer to the raiders and Carr.  Significantly over- pay for him in picks and contract.   Screw it.  

They need something to change the narrative.  The fan base is in open revolt, everybody hates everything.  

They need a savior.  It’s actually kindof like what Green Bay did when they got Reggie White.  GB had been a disaster for 20 years.  Everybody was SHOCKED Reggie chose GB.  But he was the first domino in a line of dominos which has led to 30 years of success.  

Carr isn’t Reggie.  But if they can get him here for 5+ years, you have a chance to change the narrative on the field.  And hope people migrate back to the stadium if the team is good. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Re Watson and legal situation. Pleading the 5th is in regard to the actual civil cases

the grand jury is to see if a criminal case will be pursued. We should actually learn a lot about the situation post grand jury

Watson is clearly the most talented of the potential QBs out there, but the situation is murky at best. Having teenage daughters and dealing with this **** from young men makes my stomach turn. I hate Dan Snyder and what he’s recently been accused of is disgusting… Watson has been accused of much worse. 

Not to get into the details but it seems like a possible money grab from quasi sex workers. Let’s  not turn the guy into a pariah absent concrete evidence. He is being shaken down for paying for activities is the most likely reality. 

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lock is awful. Heinicke isn't very good but he's significantly better than Lock. He shouldn't be considered value at all in that trade. 

The more I look at it, the more surprised I am at how little the Seahawks got back in return. 

This is the main thing that makes me think they are going to target Watson with the picks they just acquired.  Lock might be going to Houston.

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

This is the main thing that makes me think they are going to target Watson with the picks they just acquired.  Lock might be going to Houston.

Houston likes their existing QB. Davis Mills from Stanford. He’s way better than Lock.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Washington should probably make a Godfather offer to the raiders and Carr.  Significantly over- pay for him in picks and contract.   Screw it.  

Then we could go 9-8 or 8-9 for the next three to four years and get bounced from the playoffs after the first round in one of those years?  No thanks.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Houston likes their existing QB. Davis Mills from Stanford. He’s way better than Lock.

Houston needs a backup QB.  

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not to get into the details but it seems like a possible money grab from quasi sex workers. Let’s  not turn the guy into a pariah absent concrete evidence. He is being shaken down for paying for activities is the most likely reality. 

Seems like, or could be… I’m not turning him into anything. But he’s been accused of serious ****. Forcible oral sex… not my boy went a little crazy in the champagne room 

53 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I Believe it was Keim, Who said that the current front office was not here when the ownership had its sexual harassment problems so they don't see themselves connected to that problem. So that would possibly not stop them from trading for Wats

That's fine and dandy and all, however the team is still owned by the guy that oversaw and allegedly participated in it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It’s “possible” this is all a big misunderstanding of services rendered. But I haven’t seen anything that confirms the situation one way or another. 
by all accounts Watson was as clean as whistle before this. But it’s a no for me

He had a preliminary deal in place with 18 of the 22. If he is not indicted, he will likely settle all the cases and this goes away. 

Rivera & company cannot be that tone deaf to think, "that sexual harassment stuff happened with the prior staff...we had nothing to do with that", is a great defense to bringing a potential serial predator to this team.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He had a preliminary deal in place with 18 of the 22. If he is not indicted, he will likely settle all the cases and this goes away. 

If he’s not indicted, then there’s literally no case. Much higher likelihood that it was a money grab as getting an indictment is pretty easy from an evidence standpoint. I’d feel far more comfortable if that’s the case, but today that’s not the case.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's fine and dandy and all, however the team is still owned by the guy that oversaw and allegedly participated in it. 

So did Kraft and Jerry Jones. Put the others under a microscope and that number will exponentially increase. Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking who these guys are. You saw some of the emails from Bruce to Gruden. This is the culture that’s there league wide. We aren’t unique. 

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Then we could go 9-8 or 8-9 for the next three to four years and get bounced from the playoffs after the first round in one of those years?  No thanks.

I actually think Carr is a much better QB than that.  He's a top-10-ish guy.  If you're not going to get a top 5 guy, and you probably can't find anything better in the draft, get the best guy you can and go from there.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

If he’s not indicted, then there’s literally no case. Much higher likelihood that it was a money grab as getting an indictment is pretty easy from an evidence standpoint. I’d feel far more comfortable if that’s the case, but today that’s not the case.

He’s not going to get indicted. The DA isn’t doing a he said she said with sex workers  or quasi sex workers as the only witnesses. They had to do the song and dance to say they took allegations seriously but he is not getting felony indictments in Texas. I would be shocked. We should know by next week. He can still get charged with misdemeanors absent a grand jury indictment but that’s unlikely too. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

So did Kraft and Jerry Jones. Put the others under a microscope and that number will exponentially increase. Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking who these guys are. You saw some of the emails from Bruce to Gruden. This is the culture that’s there league wide. We aren’t unique. 

Probably better for the tailgate or elsewhere, but Watson's issues are undeniably worse to me than Kraft or Jones issues.  Clearly, most everyone here disagrees or doesn't care, because football.  That's not me being high and mighty, I can be a hypocrite too - I just find the Watson stuff to be too far for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Winston and Wagner in FA at least solidifies the two biggest holes for 2022.

I still think you go QB-WR-MLB in the draft to get the long-term pieces there, too.

I don't see Wagner coming here. He's gonna pick a contender. We will have the same issue with MLB that we have with QB. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Rich dudes settle all the time to give the illusion to dudes like you that what they were alleged of doing is a 'money grab'.  What he's alleged to have done is very difficult to prove, it's he said she said.  It just so happens to be a whole bunch of she saids, that run consistent with one another, and the he isn't saying anything - because he'd be stupid to do so.  

I know folks want to hang onto the 'if he's not found guilty' to feel better about their stance, but something tells me when he settles, and chooses to be traded to another team  - say the Eagles, everyone will change their tune and pretend they didn't want him and that he's a monster.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1