Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I expect AZ to very quickly throw money at Murray.

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Two ones, future 3rd

Probably about right.

Teams know we are willing to part with multiple firsts and picks across 3 drafts. 

We might as well ****ing go for it now. 

49 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I just dont think they can see this as a serious way to address it. They HAVE to trade down if this is the case. They will not be in any position to be drafting a QB next year either. So they are going to have to trade up to get one. But I dont think it happens. IMO the best case Ron and Co have for finding an elite QB is this draft. 

I hear you, and I'm hoping they genuinely believe that their guy is truly in this draft and then the get him.

But if they don't...

The absolute worst thing you can do in building a team is draft a guy at QB that you are going to build around but are not sold is truly the guy.  That wastes years and years.  You cannot draft a guy you don't believe in just because you have the need at QB.  

If they don't view the answer as being in this draft, then why on earth draft the guy to begin with?  I agree with you though: in that scenario, you can explore trading down.  If you have to wait until you find a prospect you believe in, then you wait.  I'd rather wait a year (even if it means having to get creative and give up assests) to draft a guy I believe is the long-term future than gambling on a guy that seems to be just OK, and waste years most likely finding out what you suspected all along.   

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Can’t imagine Carr going anywhere, they have the worst QB in the divison and he’s pretty damn good. Who would you backfill with, there’s no sure fire prospect in this draft. I don’t get the impression Vegas thinks they are at rebuild mode

we are going to have to piecemeal a FA and a draft pick, likely not named Willis, ridder, corral or Pickett 

maybe Howell falls to us? Fingers crossed corral falls and we make a move.

my hope is Pickett and Willis go before us and it pushes Sauce G to 11, we trade a 2nd this year and next to come back up and get Corral. Don’t we suck with 2nd round selections anyway?

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I expect AZ to very quickly throw money at Murray.

Probably about right.

Teams know we are willing to part with multiple firsts and picks across 3 drafts. 

We might as well ****ing go for it now. 

Wonder if Payne presents more value for LV with six games against those studs.  However there is a lot of DL talent in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I hear you, and I'm hoping they genuinely believe that their guy is truly in this draft and then the get him.

But if they don't...

The absolute worst thing you can do in building a team is draft a guy at QB that you are going to build around but are not sold is truly the guy.  That wastes years and years.  You cannot draft a guy you don't believe in just because you have the need at QB.  

If they don't view the answer as being in this draft, then why on earth draft the guy to begin with?  I agree with you though: in that scenario, you can explore trading down.  If you have to wait until you find a prospect you believe in, then you wait.  I'd rather wait a year (even if it means having to get creative and give up assists) to draft a guy I believe is the long-term future than gambling on a guy that seems to be just OK, and waste years most likely finding out what you suspected all along.   

Cause they just can’t wait around. They have to do something. I see them in the 7-10 purgatory for a while 

It seems all but certain Corral is going to Seattle. 

He and DK are friends and played together at Ole Miss. Pete Carroll and Lane Kiffin are longtime friends and have repeatedly worked together on different teams. There were reports that the Seahawks liked Corral at the combine and then pictures of Pete, Lane, Matt and Lane's father all together.

Then all of a sudden they trade Wilson reportedly cause they plan to take a QB in this draft.

So our choice might be down to Willis or Pickett and that's IF everyone else passes on them before 11.

• Thumb up 1