Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I’m pretty sure that ARodgers bought a bunch of property in Tennessee recently. I think that area fits with his beliefs a little better than Denver, and he split with his fiancé (who I think was in Denver). 

For these reasons, I think the Titans will land him if he leaves. Packers would get Tannehill and still be really good. 

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't say you are a Dan guy.

Never once. 

You think he can.   Many here including myself disagreed.

I think its foolish to outright say no. Do I think he will and can are two different things. But Im not one who believes in sunk cost. If something isnt working im not going to hold onto something in fear of it turning out worse. Especially when worse can lead to the greatest luck a franchise can get and that is an elite franchise QB due to getting hire draft picks

The worst thing this franchise or really any franchise can do right now in this sport is hold onto average. 

That suggests that you believe it when people come here and the narrative is Dan will lay off even though with EVERY regime the stories come out later that its far from true.  

I dont believe past results being shown as a definite in perpetuity. Its likely to go back to the way it used to be but we circle up to the second point. Its advantageous to swing big and fail than it is to sit in the middle doing nothing.   

Edited by Zim489

31 minutes ago, MrJL said:

we don't need a TE, and I don't know I believe we need a WR

I dont think its a foregone conclusion Logan is coming back at a 100% same level. It was a gnarly knee injury to begin with. Now hes on the wrong side of 30. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m pretty sure that ARodgers bought a bunch of property in Tennessee recently. I think that area fits with his beliefs a little better than Denver, and he split with his fiancé (who I think was in Denver). 

For these reasons, I think the Titans will land him if he leaves. Packers would get Tannehill and still be really good. 

Rapoport said yesterday the only team that is in the running besides the Packers is the Broncos. He doesn't seem interested in any other teams

Also he and Shailene have been spotted together several times since their supposed breakup so likely working things out or still together and she lives in Boulder just 20 minutes away from Denver.

Edited by VirginiaVibes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They coud have had Trubisky last year for nothing.   Yet some say they are hot to trot for him now.   From what I can tell as they thought about it some more they decided Fitz was better than the both of them. 

Both guys were signed early, pre-draft.  We likely hoped for a QB in the draft and figured better to go for the older player there

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Maybe not “need”, but with Thomas recovering, RSJ leaving (presumably), Dyami uncertain, Carter, Humphries and Sims FA… we could use both IMO.  Could stand to have another te developing 
We do (hopefully) get a healthy Samuel, but extra weapons can only help, especially a new qb.  Same with adding a back.  Particularly important as the league is offensive driven and the team needs some added excitement in terms of rebranding.  
With that said, we don’t have much of anything at mlb, fs and slot corner.  I’d rather address the latter two in FA though (or all 3), and use an early pick at mlb.  

I think Thomas will be recovered and don't think RSJ will leave

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Willis sucks and odds are every QB in this draft will suck. It will be a horrible draft. Ron will be forced to stick with him for 2 years then he will be fired or quit and it’s square one again. 

Well that's the price you pay til you find "the guy" at QB, honestly Willis is #3 for me I was assuming #1 Pickett and #2 Corral are gone by 11 in that mock..and if so Willis is next up on my list...and the rest of that mock was beautiful. I'm a build it through the draft kind of guy. I don't want to give up 3 first for a aging QB and have to pay him top dollar , when we can draft our own. And have 5 years of a cap friendly contact so we can add pieces around him. 

• Like 1

Questions for those who have watched Pickett....Matt Waldman did a breakdown of Corral and in it he mentioned Pickett and Corral are basically QB 1A and 1B for him but what concerns him about Pickett is how he panics when he sees unblocked interior pressure. He said he immaediately abandons the pocket, drops his shoulders, his mechanics become a mess - has anyone else noticed this?

Waldman talks about it at 42:00

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Never once. 

I think its foolish to outright say no. Do I think he will and can are two different things. But Im not one who believes in sunk cost. If something isnt working im not going to hold onto something in fear of it turning out worse. Especially when worse can lead to the greatest luck a franchise can get and that is an elite franchise QB due to getting hire draft picks

The worst thing this franchise or really any franchise can do right now in this sport is hold onto average. 

I dont believe past results being shown as a definite in perpetuity. Its likely to go back to the way it used to be but we circle up to the second point. Its advantageous to swing big and fail than it is to sit in the middle doing nothing.   

I'll keep in simple.  What makes you think Dan is cool with a tear down-rebuild?  Is it simply you believe that whatever Ron now he will get it even if it goes against the fiber of Dan's ownership?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

55 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Questions for those who have watched Pickett....Matt Waldman did a breakdown of Corral and in it he mentioned Pickett and Corral are basically QB 1A and 1B for him but what concerns him about Pickett is how he panics when he sees unblocked interior pressure. He said he immaediately abandons the pocket, drops his shoulders, his mechanics become a mess - has anyone else noticed this?

Waldman talks about it at 42:00

Pickett's mechanics/accuracy IMO are inconsistent, period. I was watching Orlovosky talk about this yesterday.  However, IMO so are all of the top 6 to some extent with Ridder IMO with the most flagrant issues on this count.  Pickett seems to love to roll in the pocket as a default move in general but especially under pressure.   I'll give him though he's probably the best boot QB in this mix -- he's typically good as long as he has time to align his feet, eyes, upper body when throwing on the move.  

Under pressure, he often tends to force the ball, he's lucky he didn't have more picks.  You can see this well if you go back and watch the N Carolina game.  Pickett has the highest PFF grade in this bunch as for his throws without pressure -- 94.3. 

• Like 1

Rodgers going to Denver helps us.  

In an absolutely ideal world Carolina trades for Garopolo.  That would take the 2 sure fire teams who are drafting ahead of us who need QBs out of the mix.

That is, if we even like any of the guys in this draft. But we would almost certainly have one of our first 2 picks at 11 in that scenario.

I doubt that’s where Jimmy goes though. I think he’s going to Pitt or here.  

FWIW, I’d be fine with Jimmy for a third.  It might be the best we can do right now, and doesn’t preclude us from doing anything next year.  The injury history worries me, though, so I’d also want a better backup.  Or maybe draft Ridder or Strong as well.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ya know, a Carr trade may not be that far fetched considering McDaniel's was JimmyG's offensive coordinator in NE and he knows that offense.  Just a thought on the way QB domino's could line up.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrJL said:

we don't need a TE, and I don't know I believe we need a WR

Agreed we don’t absolutely need need either. But it’s a very deep WR and TE class and it would be dumb not to get one if they’re BPA. We do need another WR. TE not as much, but this is the deepest TE class in a long time and I wouldn’t allow Bates and 31 year old Thomas stop us from potentially drafting a TE who could be Top 5-10 talent in 2-3 years. 

McLaurin-Samuel-Dyami could absolutely be upgraded and the Rams and Bengals proved you can’t have too many weapons. We could absolutely use another top end WR. Our weapons are okay … adding a WR and TE in the 2nd and 3rd could get us on the way to elite. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

I'm over the Russell Wilson-caliber elite QB dreams. Sign Amari Cooper, trade for Jimmy G and go win some playoff games. We can figure out the 10-year franchise guy later. It's been forever since we reached the NFC championship game - Jimmy G can at the least get us there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 1

We have also invested heavily on defense both in FA and the draft. We need one more piece on defense to be back in the top 5.

But on offense we haven’t put much in the way of early resources into the position. Gibson Dyami and McLaurin are the only weapons we have spent Top 3 Round picks on over the last 3-4 years. We could absolutely do more there, and we should. Get another high end rookie on the roster for cheap, since Terry and Samuel will be making $$ (and Samuel can be cut for free after this year if he doesn’t play much or live up to his deal) 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I'm over the Russell Wilson-caliber elite QB dreams. Sign Amari Cooper, trade for Jimmy G and go win some playoff games. We can figure out the 10-year franchise guy later. It's been forever since we reached the NFC championship game - Jimmy G can at the least get us there.

We need a MLB but I think we could win a playoff game or 2 with them.