Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'm a bit worried about this desperation play that Rivera is doing. I hope they don't do something stupid out of desperation. 

I don't think they'll do anything stupid but i am starting to get that Ricky Williams draft sort of vibe, this time we could be on the wrong end of it though.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

The stanning of arguably the worst QB to play extend time last year is just weird. 

It's a post where I suggest we can get Watson and absorb his possible suspension....not something pushing for TH to start.  How many teams are willing to deal for Watson that are willing to do it without knowing how long he'll be suspended for? We could do it and still roll with a serviceable QB who makes peanuts. It wouldn't be a bad spot to be in, especially in a division that's up for grabs every year. 

More teams are searching for a franchise quarterback than there are franchise quarterbacks. That’s why the Commanders have spoken to every team that might have one available.

It’s also why “multiple teams” have expressed interest in Derek Carr, Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

Carr is entering the final year of the five-year, $125 million extension he signed in 2017, and new coach Josh McDaniels acknowledged this week that the team has had no extension talks with the quarterback’s representation.

As long as Carr’s contract remains as is, the Raiders likely continue to get calls about his availability.

He is scheduled to make $19.8 million in 2022, which ranks 15th among NFL quarterbacks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/report-multiple-teams-have-called-raiders-about-derek-carr/

Here's the deal.  Taylor got us seven wins last year.  How many wins would someone like Trubisky or Mariota likely get us?  is a one win for an 8-9 season and a slightly worse draft pick worth an extra five or six million dollars

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Dude looks like a baby huey, like flabby and really needs to get in the weight room but there's no denying his rocket arm.  Lol

LOL.  That's funny😆  I am not much of a Strong.  Hopefully, he gets back into shape.  Knee injury might have something to do with weight.  

• Like 1

Question for everyone:  When did the narrative about this roster flip to "Just a QB away from being serious contender?"  I know we as fans and a portion of the local media have been saying this some during the 2021 season, but it seems like it is now a normal thing for the national sports media to be repeating in all of their offseason articles.  Don't get me wrong, it brings me more hope and of course hype about the team to know the national media is actually buying into this too, but I don't remember a lot of this sentiment being shared during the actual season.  Maybe it was just a case of sports media can only judge you by your actual record during the season itself but with more time to look back and analyze, they are seeing a bigger picture?  

What that also tells me though is that looking back, Heinicke held back this team more than a lot of the fanbase is willing to admit, even beyond what some of our amateur eyes were seeing in real time (I'm thinking game film, focusing on things the tv broadcasts didn't catch due to time etc etc)

Maybe combined with the fact that The Rams & Bucs won superbowls in back to back years after bringing in franchise QBs.  Not that I think this roster is at those levels right now, but who knows what it looks like by Week 1.

Edited by NoCalMike

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Well make an offer they will accept. Or don’t bother. Half arse crap like the move for Stafford.

It’s pretty hard to convince a team with a franchise QB to just give one up. It’s not like there are any blue chips this year the Seahawks could move up for. 

• Like 1

Just now, CobraCommander said:

It’s pretty hard to convince a team with a franchise QB to just give one up. It’s not like there are any blue chips this year the Seahawks could move up for. 

Agree. So what do you suggest, an offer they will knock back, no offer at all, or one they simply can’t refuse ?

Apparently we tried to sign Stafford and Amari Copper not too long ago. Same old crap.

Go big, or go home.

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Here's the deal.  Taylor got us seven wins last year.  How many wins would someone like Trubisky or Mariota likely get us?  is a one win for an 8-9 season and a slightly worse draft pick worth an extra five or six million dollars

My rough math, which I’d say I’m pretty conservative with, says -

Covid, scheduling (the short week variety and vs teams off their byes) and our kicking game issues cost us 1 game

Key injuries (and sheer number of games lost) cost us 1 game.  

If Trubisky/Mariota are clear upgrades from Heinicke, that should be another 2 games at least.  

With a far easier schedule, that should be good for at least 2 more games, surely?

So, conservatively, it looks like Trubisky/Mariota should get us 13 wins, but we should probably expect more….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stafford was on the trade block, Wilson is not.   They can’t make Seattle trade him.  Apples to melons as to the Stafford situation.

Disagree, you want something that bad, you get it. Or don’t bother.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Question for everyone:  When did the narrative about this roster flip to "Just a QB away from being serious contender?"  I know we as fans and a portion of the local media have been saying this some during the 2021 season, but it seems like it is now a normal thing for the national sports media to be repeating in all of their offseason articles.  Don't get me wrong, it brings me more hope and of course hype about the team to know the national media is actually buying into this too, but I don't remember a lot of this sentiment being shared during the actual season.  Maybe it was just a case of sports media can only judge you by your actual record during the season itself but with more time to look back and analyze, they are seeing a bigger picture?  

What that also tells me though is that looking back, Heinicke held back this team more than a lot of the fanbase is willing to admit, even beyond what some of our amateur eyes were seeing in real time (I'm thinking game film, focusing on things the tv broadcasts didn't catch due to time etc etc)

Maybe combined with the fact that The Rams & Bucs won superbowls in back to back years after bringing in franchise QBs.  Not that I think this roster is at those levels right now, but who knows what it looks like by Week 1.

Part of it is the fact that we just won 7 games with Taylor Heinicke and the leagues toughest schedule. I can count 3 losses that are wins if we have legit Qb. You likely win Green Bay, Denver, and chargers with legit qb play. You have very real shot of beating chiefs and both Philly games with legit qb play. That’s a 3-6 game swing. Not to mention once Landon switched to linebacker after chiefs game d was playing up to potential and that was without chase and montez for large stretches of that. Also without Covid and injuries hitting we likely make playoffs for second year in a row WITH TH at qb. That’s why most think team is qb away. Every team has holes no team is perfect and if we are waiting for a perfect roster to swing hard at qb we are gonna be severely disappointed. 

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well make an offer they will accept. Or don’t bother. Half arse crap like the move for Stafford.

If we made an offer it means they listened.....that in itself is interesting. I doubt KC would even listen to an offer for Mahomes, ditto the Bills for Allen.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

If we made an offer it means they listened.....that in itself is interesting. I doubt KC would even listen to an offer for Mahomes, ditto the Bills for Allen.

Probably helped that Marty knows Schneider and dealt with him before.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think part of the Seattle f/o comments were interesting. Carroll said they weren’t interested in trading Wilson at this time and also said they listen to what people have to offer and do due diligence about every player on their roster. Like you said KC nor Buffalo would even entertain so the fact that they would even entertain it is interesting