Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think after all this they will go all in for Watson if he is cleared. Texans have no dline men and if they draft one and get chase they will be in good shape at dline.

Front offices thinking will be this will not get better next year or year after at Qb this is our long term options. I think Fornt office will say we can't be hated any worse then we already our. We are 31 in attendance and appear to be having trouble getting QB deep down we don't even want. We are the Las Vegas odds on favorite to get him. It will either work out or wont.

Some of the beat guys have said Watson has no interest in us, and we have no interest in Watson. Opinions can change, and the beat guys could be wrong, but I’d say it’s a hell of a long shot Watson ends up here.

Just now, allannis said:

So we could go OL or DB in the first.

If we don’t go QB then OL, DB, WR and LB would all be options at #11. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Some of the beat guys have said Watson has no interest in us, and we have no interest in Watson. Opinions can change, and the beat guys could be wrong, but I’d say it’s a hell of a long shot Watson ends up here.

I hope you're right.  The alleged draft capital that is required to get alleged serial predator Watson is insane and I can't believe people are entertaining bringing him in as if it's some massive game changer.  He's not elite.  He's not on Rodgers or Wilson's level.  This guy has more red flags than Guice, Haskins, and Wentz combined and people are still clamoring for him.  Makes no sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If they strike out on the other Qb they will look at it again. I think if they redo his contract he will change his mind and play for us. I an not really for it just got the sense that what they will do.

Texans biggest need is dline players we have them. They want him in NFC we are in NFC. If we make this move it would make or break us till 2030. 

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I hope you're right.  The alleged draft capital that is required to get alleged serial predator Watson is insane and I can't believe people are entertaining bringing him in as if it's some massive game changer.  He's not elite.  He's not on Rodgers or Wilson's level.  This guy has more red flags than Guice, Haskins, and Wentz combined and people are still clamoring for him.  Makes no sense.

He is elite. But I agree with everything else you said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

There no question its a dangers move. He is the best Qb in NFL for Turner's offense bar none. It would be like going from a Honda in Heinicke to a Porsche in Watson. We can't get players we don't even want on are team. They are desperate enough to gamble on him. We are a ten to 12 win team with him. 

It does not seem like there a straight answer on any of the team that are interested in him. Mia and Car last year were but this year I think it's us, eagles, and Car. I don't think it is the best move but I think front office and Rivera will take the gamble. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 hours ago, allannis said:

Carson Strong?

I agree with @MartinC, their comments lead me to believe they are very comfortable with drafting Strong in the 2nd round. This would mean they also would have brought in some sort of a vet QB through trade or FA.

Determining the position they'd go after if in the first would be determined by who they bring in the first week of FA.

Just now, DWinzit said:

I agree with @MartinC, their comments lead me to believe they are very comfortable with drafting Strong in the 2nd round. This would mean they also would have brought in some sort of a vet QB through trade or FA.

Determining the position they'd go after if in the first would be determined by who they bring in the first week of FA.

Strong has to get threw medical which looks like could go poorly.

I watched the full Rivera interview.  Really plugged Willis good in it.  Talked about how they took advantage of Cam's skills in Carolina and related those skills to Malik.

Keim has been unusually scattered when talking about Willis, one podcast indicating interest and others more vague on that count.  But Standig of late has consistenly said Willis could be a person of interest for the Commanders.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Ron just does not view the QB position the way we need him to IMO. 

He's still arguing that you don't need a great quarterback to win. 

He also argued in the same setence if you got a great one its a lot easier to win.   

Basically I took Anderson's comment as if hey dude any team with a QB has a chance and one without a QB has no chance.  I didn't expect Rivera to concede the season from the outset basically if he doesn't find a great QB, so he suggested yeah you got a chance but its a lot easier if you have a great QB.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He also argued in the same setence if you got a great one its a lot easier to win.   

Basically I took Anderson's comment as if hey dude any team with a QB has a chance and one without a QB has no chance.  I didn't expect Rivera to concede the season from the outset basically if he doesn't find a great QB, so he suggested yeah you got a chance but its a lot easier if you have a great QB.

I didn't take it that way. He basically jumped into argue when it was said that you need a great QB but we will see. I am prepared to be very disappointed in whatever decision he makes and probably looking for the next head coach. Nothing has sounded encouraging.

Edited by VirginiaVibes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Translation: we are going to overpay for some retread like Jimmy G or Trubisky and draft a QB in the 2nd round who has a 1% chance of being successful

Or.  There just isn’t a top-level QB in this draft and it’s insanity to trade up, giving up future assets to pick a guy with significant questions.

You trade up into the top of the first round if you are SURE the guy you are getting is a top 5 kindof guy.  

And that only works a small percentage of the time.  Goff, Mitch, even Griffin are examples of guys who the league really thought were can’t miss, with a floor of top-10 ish level, and they all failed.  

If you’re not REALLY sure, you don’t give up future assets.  Because if you’re wrong, you’ve limited your ability to fix the transgression.

This is why Ron didn’t bet the farm going up from 19 to 8 last year to get fields.  The cost would have been multiple future first and second day pics and there wasn’t the evidence Fields could be a top 5 QB.  And if they were wrong, they gave up the chance to fix it.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched the full Rivera interview.  Really plugged Willis good in it.  Talked about how they took advantage of Cam's skills in Carolina and related those skills to Malik.

Keim has been unusually scattered when talking about Willis, one podcast indicating interest and others more vague on that count.  But Standig of late has consistenly said Willis could be a person of interest for the Commanders.

3 freaks at QB, RB, and WR and a good Oline. Sign me up. @mistertim lock in for our 6 year QB running dominance before he falls apart ;) Hopefully it’s highlighted by 1 SB run like Newton. 

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think at #11 either Pickett or Willis would be available.  One of the two would be there at #11.  If those were the two rated highest on their board(s).

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

3 freaks at QB, RB, and WR and a good Oline. Sign me up. @mistertim lock in for our 6 year QB running dominance before he falls apart ;) Hopefully it’s highlighted by 1 SB run like Newton. 

If he follows the running QB trend he'll have 1 dominant season. That seems to be what most running QBs have. Outside of 1 season Cam was an average at best passer. So I suppose we can hope to have the right team around him for that season and see what happens.  *shrug*

Edited by mistertim

18 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

I didn't take it that way. He basically jumped into argue when it was said that you need a great QB but we will see. I am prepared to be very disappointed in whatever decision he makes and probably looking for the next head coach. Nothing has sounded encouraging.

I'll start with his actions speak the loudest.  You got every national reporter and local reporter saying this team is talking to EVERY team, turning every stone.  And shooting for the big fishes especially Wilson.  And even I am stunned that they are apparently strongly considering Deshaun Watson in spite of all the baggage according to multiple local reporters.

Yet some wonder if this is real as for whether Ron is really into getting a top QB?

One of the reporters basically was trying to get Rivera more or less to say the 2022 season is over already if they don't land a great Qb.  If you agree with his statement which is "you have a chance (with that QB) if don't have one you don't have a chance.   That's conceding the season before it starts in all likelihood and I can't think of a coach who would say heck yeah to that statement unless they actually had that QB. 

Heck I have been one of the biggest QB freaks on this board forever and even I would be pissed if he said yes.  What would that say to your team?  Ron is not a moron i am sure he knows the odds they land a great Qb in this off season is slim.    He shouldn't concede the season before it starts.

His line in that same sentence was "but you are right the special ones make it a lot easier."    That doesn't sound like a dude who prefers a middle of the road QB.  But I don't even get why its a debate.  Unless every major national reporter and local reporter are oddly lying through their teeth Ron Rivera desperately wants a top ten QB.  And I doubt all his suggestions that he'd be willing to trade the farm for one means its because he doesn't value the spot.  

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If he follows the running QB trend he'll have 1 dominant season. That seems to be what most running QBs have. Outside of 1 season Cam was an average at best passer. So I suppose we can hope to have the right team around him for that season and see what happens.  *shrug*

I’ll take one MVP season capped off with a SB. All within his rookie deal. You?

Edited by wit33

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Pretty much. 

Also he was basically asked about Willis which is why he was the QB he discussed so I didn't take much from that. Josina brought his name up specifically 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’ll take one MVP season capped off with a SB. All within his rookie deal. You?

Sure, though there's obviously no guarantee that his dominant season will lead to a SB. We'd have to get it just right so we have the right players around him at the right time. Otherwise we waste his dominant season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think at #11 either Pickett or Willis would be available.  One of the two would be there at #11.  If those were the two rated highest on their board(s).

A.  Pickett Keim has been consistent on.

B.  Keim brought up Willis post Senior Bowl but not much recently aside from saying if they traded for Wenz he could see a paring with Willis but it sounded like he was just talking hypotethically and also today he mentioned another hypotethical with Willis saying he'd be the type they'd be patient with. 

C.  Standig in two recent podcasts said Willis he's heard is a person of interest for this team, where he could see him as a target.

D.  And yeah while Rivera was specifically asked about Willis in that interview, he came off on the effusive side, he brings in Cam (irony is Willis is supposed to be close to Cam).  

So its not just one thing for me on Willis its the combination of things. 

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

No but they lost coming off a bye at home while sacking the opposing QB 9 times. There is no reason they should have lost that game. QB is a massive hole for the titans and why they will be unable to win anything 

You could also argue that their QB is one of the reasons they got turned around....They didn't win the SB but they were the #1 seed in the AFC even after losing the best RB in football, that says something about Tannehill. 

Where do you think all of these replacements for guys like Tannehill and others are gonna come from? Solid, winning QB's don't just come at the snap of fingers. 75% of the league could use an upgrade at QB....

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Only concrete thing that's consistent from Keim on that front is Pickett is tops on their board.  But he also alluded to things can change.  Will see post combine.  Tomorrow is a big day for the QBs. 

• Like 1