Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

F.  He thinks we'd take Pickett over Willis if they are still looking for a Qb by the time the draft hits

J.  There is a chance Wentz becomes available.  Keim thinks they should stay clear of him.

If they don't have luck getting their vet before the draft I think they move up and go after Pickett. I hope not but that is my gut

Hope the stand clear of Wentz unless they really get him on the cheap

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If they don't have luck getting their vet before the draft I think they move up and go after Pickett. I hope not but that is my gut

Hope the stand clear of Wentz unless they really get him on the cheap

Obviously Wentz would be a clear talent upgrade.  However, I want nothing to do with him.  He seems like a douche and not a leader.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Pretty sure it was Standig and SIP posted about it Friday.

To add to this post about Ron Rivera having respect of the players.  Kliff K. may not have what RR does.  Maybe just maybe RR can straighten out Murray if we were to have interest and trade for him.

• Like 2

A couple weeks ago it was said Jimmy G would likely be dealt for a 2nd or a 3rd plus a player.  The idea that he would fetch a 1st rounder has to be merely based on the 49ers trying to leverage the desperation of the trade partner into pressure and giving up too much. 

I said earlier in the thread I could stomach Jimmy G as a bridge QB, but you do not give up a 1st round pick for a bridge QB.  If Jimmy G is the best you can get from a trade/free agency then it has to be coupled with the drafting of a QB. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Conditional 7th rounder for Murray that turns into a third rounder if Washington makes the playoffs, two firsts if they make it to the Championship game and three firsts if Washington wins a Super Bowl. 

Considering the A's still have rights to Murray as an MLB player does Murray have to give some kind of multi-season commitment on his NFL contracts or is there no such thing?

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Considering the A's still have rights to Murray as an MLB player does Murray have to give some kind of multi-season commitment on his NFL contracts or is there no such thing?

I'd certainly demand some kind of commitment from Murray if we traded for him. It'd be too easy for him to walk away otherwise. I guess an addendum is that if Murray leaves to play baseball, the Cardinals would have to return all draft picks and take Dan Snyder off our hands.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

No I’m not sure if they both would. But I do think Ron would get their opinions and take their opinions into account before signing trubisky especially if they said he wasn’t a good locker room guy. You’re right forgot Lucas is an upcoming fa but I could see them resigning him he played quite a bit last year in relief of cosmi and played fairly well. 

The fact that we had a trade for Trubisky before the deadline tells me that Bills coach McDermott told RR that there's something there to work with in Trubisky. I wish that trade had gone thru because we'd know more about MT now. RR and McDermott I'm sure have a good relationship, maybe McDermott can push this to happen in Trubisky's camp and ours? I don't know if Trubisky is the answer but he would seem like a good risk to bring in if we can't find something better? Like I said, Allen Robinson averaged 100 catches and 1200 yards in two consecutive seasons with a very raw Trubisky in Chicago....that means MT can get the ball to playmakers, he just needs to grow in the position. 

I get the feeling they will make a move for JimmyG. I am so/so on it depending on what we pay. He is constantly injured is the biggest thing to me. If we gave up are one we would have to get more back then just him. Like there 3rd and 4 next year. I would be willing to bridge the year with him maybe one year extension. I would want to collect ammo for a big deal next year if ir does not work out.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Maybe.  Judging by Keim I don't get the impression they'd trade up in the draft.  But two things haven't unfolded potentialy yet.

A.  Like I've been saying if they trade for Jimmy G or sign Trubisky or name that non exciting move -- I think they will be surprised by fan backlash.  Lol, reading twitter right now before even obtaining either dude, those QBs are already hated by some in our fanbase.  

Normally I wouldn't think they'd sweat fan backlash.  But in a rebranding year when they are around the bottom of fan attendance -- I think it can matter.

All of that might make them rethink the idea of lets just take the best QB left in the 2nd round.

B.  Rivera hasn't done the QBs interviews yet.  And will do them at the combine.    Rivera is driven by personality as a big part of the soup by his own admission.  I've said before the Senior Bowl, after watching a lot of these guys public interviews, Pickett to me is hands down the most charismastic QB.  That's how he came off to me at the Senior Bowl, too.  And later on it was said that he easily was the best interview at the Senior Bowl as to his private meetings with teams.  And he has the reputation of being a leader.  Supposedly that's high on Rivera's want list for a QB.

I am not as high as some on Pickett as a QB but I don't dislike him either.  I do think purely as a personality he might be enticing for them -- Rivera will i am guessing like him and he'd like that Pickett could become a fan favorite in part because of his personality.   Pickett comes off well in interviews.

If they fall for Pickett the challenge would be according to some leapfrogging over Carolina who supposedly want to take him at 6. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they fall for Pickett the challenge would be according to some leapfrogging over Carolina who supposedly want to take him at 6. 

They'd have to swing a deal with the Jets, I think.  Ties with HC from SF and Mayhew might get it done.  We'd have to surrender our 2023 1st and 3rd to get the deal done.  Guesstimating.  :) 

This would be one of the most depressing off seasons if that went down.  Eagles with both Wilson and Lloyd, nighmarish.  😧

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-seattle-seahawks-trade-russell-wilson-ole-miss-qb-matt-corral-malik-willis-pittsburgh-steelers

11. WASHINGTON COMMANDERS: QB KENNY PICKETT, PITTSBURGH

Pickett may not be the flashiest prospect, but he had a nearly flawless redshirt senior campaign. He took a massive leap in accuracy, with his adjusted completion percentage going from 73.7% in 2020 to 78.8% in 2021.

12. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: EDGE GEORGE KARLAFTIS, PURDUE

The Kwesi Adofo-Mensah era kicks off with a fairly safe player at a valuable position. Karlaftis earned a 90.6 pass-rushing grade in 2021 despite seldom leaving the field.

13. CLEVELAND BROWNS: WR JAMESON WILLIAMS, ALABAMA

The Browns don’t just need a receiver, they need a receiver with speed. They wanted Anthony Schwartz to be that, but he’s still exceedingly raw as a true receiver. Williams looked a lot more polished after transferring from Ohio State to Alabama, where he went for 1,561 yards and 15 scores.

14. BALTIMORE RAVENS: OT TREVOR PENNING, NORTHERN IOWA

Penning was built to run-block. The Ravens are built to run the ball. It’s a match made in heaven. While Baltimore has already re-signed both tackles long-term, Patrick Mekari could easily kick inside.

15. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (VIA PHI, VIA MIA😞 QB MATT CORRAL, OLE MISS

This trade has the Seahawks flipping veteran quarterback Russell Wilson to the Philadelphia Eagles for multiple first-rounders.

This year, the Eagles have more to move than anyone else outside the Giants and could be looking to set their sights higher after Jalen Hurts’ disappointing playoff performance. The Seahawks get to start afresh with quarterback Matt Corral, who has a deadly combination of mobility and arm talent.

16. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (VIA IND😞 LB DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH

The Eagles’ offense should be set with Russell Wilson, and so they turn their attention to a guy who can make an immediate impact on the defensive side of the ball. Lloyd earned grades above 80.0 in run defense, coverage and as a pass-rusher last season.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They'd have to swing a deal with the Jets, I think.  Ties with HC from SF and Mayhew might get it done.  We'd have to surrender our 2023 1st and 3rd to get the deal done.  Guesstimating.  :) 

Pickett isn't my guy so to speak but I am cool with him.  I'd hate it trading up for him if it involved major draft capital.  I'd be cool with taking him at 11.  I'd dislike it but not hate it if they traded up without giving up a first. 

I don't get the vibe they like Pickett enough to trade up for him, let alone give up a 2023 first.  But as I said its still early so who knows.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This would be one of the most depressing off seasons if that went down.  Eagles with both Wilson and Lloyd, nighmarish.  😧

At the end of the day, I think RW stays a Seahawk.  The extend him and he stays in Seattle.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

At the end of the day, I think RW stays a Seahawk.  The extend him and he stays in Seattle.  

I dont think he moves this year but I think this will be Carroll last year then rebuild time. I think we would need to get more ammo for that move next year.  

I don't think Watson moves or play this year either.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My #1 desire is he doesn't end up an Eagle.  I can live with him staying in Seattle.  Yeah all the tea leaves right now indicate that staying in Seattle is the most likely scenario

36 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The fact that we had a trade for Trubisky before the deadline tells me that Bills coach McDermott told RR that there's something there to work with in Trubisky. I wish that trade had gone thru because we'd know more about MT now. RR and McDermott I'm sure have a good relationship, maybe McDermott can push this to happen in Trubisky's camp and ours? I don't know if Trubisky is the answer but he would seem like a good risk to bring in if we can't find something better? Like I said, Allen Robinson averaged 100 catches and 1200 yards in two consecutive seasons with a very raw Trubisky in Chicago....that means MT can get the ball to playmakers, he just needs to grow in the position. 

It means Robinson is a great WR. Terry had back to back 1000 yard seasons with absolute garbage at QB. That doesn't suddenly mean that those QBs weren't garbage because Terry still put up good numbers. It just means that Terry is that damn good.

I really don't get whey you've morphed from the Heinicke Hive to the Trubisky Temple. 

You pick really odd hills to die on. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Standig's podcast today which he did with Galdi.  Not much new there

A,  Standig speculates that if they get Jimmy G they'd extend that contract to justify the trade

B.  Standig thinks Rivera might be setting up fans for a letdown by pushing how much he wants a QB and how he is ready to swing for the fences -- if they don't land that big fish

C.  Galdi isn't hot about going medium at QB, he'd love Wilson, he trade three first rounders and Sweat to get him but he agrees good chance he won't become available

D.  Galdi doesn't want them to force it at QB, if they don't love a QB in this draft and punt to 2023 he could live with it

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  Judging by Keim I don't get the impression they'd trade up in the draft.  But two things haven't unfolded potentialy yet.

A.  Like I've been saying if they trade for Jimmy G or sign Trubisky or name that non exciting move -- I think they will be surprised by fan backlash.  Lol, reading twitter right now before even obtaining either dude, those QBs are already hated by some in our fanbase.  

Normally I wouldn't think they'd sweat fan backlash.  But in a rebranding year when they are around the bottom of fan attendance -- I think it can matter.

All of that might make them rethink the idea of lets just take the best QB left in the 2nd round.

B.  Rivera hasn't done the QBs interviews yet.  And will do them at the combine.    Rivera is driven by personality as a big part of the soup by his own admission.  I've said before the Senior Bowl, after watching a lot of these guys public interviews, Pickett to me is hands down the most charismastic QB.  That's how he came off to me at the Senior Bowl, too.  And later on it was said that he easily was the best interview at the Senior Bowl as to his private meetings with teams.  And he has the reputation of being a leader.  Supposedly that's high on Rivera's want list for a QB.

I am not as high as some on Pickett as a QB but I don't dislike him either.  I do think purely as a personality he might be enticing for them -- Rivera will i am guessing like him and he'd like that Pickett could become a fan favorite in part because of his personality.   Pickett comes off well in interviews.

Personally I think the guy they’d fall in love with personality wise is Corral. If you’ve listened to Kiper talk about Corral he sounds like a Heinicke clone except with much better tools to work with. I think Rivera is gonna love this dude once he gets to interview him and I think the fans would love him too for all the same reasons they love TH.

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/mel-kiper-points-out-the-one-thing-matt-corral-possesses-that-separates-him-from-2022-nfl-draft-class-ole-miss-rebels-lane-kiffin/

“Toughest quarterback you’ll ever find,” Kiper said. “If you look at him from 10, 15, 20 years ago, he wouldn’t look the part. He’s not 6-3, he’s not 215, 220 pounds. But tough as nails, high pain tolerance, he can really spin it. He’s a quarterback version of [215-pound former Steelers middle linebacker] Jack Lambert.”

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/mel-kiper-perfectly-describes-ole-miss-quarterback-matt-corral-ahead-of-the-2022-nfl-draft/

“Gritty competitor,” Kiper said of Corral. “He played through pain.  He played through injury.  Those guys love him.  He’s a warrior out there for Ole Miss. Ron Rivera will love that, the former linebacker that he is from the NFL and at Cal.

“You look at the frame, can he stay healthy is an issue. He can spin it. He can run.  He’s a dual-threat quarterback.  In terms of who is going to QB1 [in the 2022 NFL Draft], Matt Corral is certainly going to be in that mix.”

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I have wondered if there is any interest in him he may be best of the bunch. He played well against us this year. I think he throw for 4 tds. A. Kamara killed us but Winston was not bad.

He is the one Fa I could see replacing C Wentz or B Mayfield. I don't know if we had intrusted last year but he is probably the best of the bunch.

Edited by Redskins 2021

12 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I have wondered if there is any interest in him he may be best of the bunch. He played well against us this year. I think he throw for 4 tds. A. Kamara killed us but Winston was not bad.

He is the one Fa I could see replacing C Wentz or B Mayfield. I don't know if we had intrusted last year but he is probably the best of the bunch.

Yes, he did.  4 TDs.

32 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Personally I think the guy they’d fall in love with personality wise is Corral. If you’ve listened to Kiper talk about Corral he sounds like a Heinicke clone except with much better tools to work with. I think Rivera is gonna love this dude once he gets to interview him and I think the fans would love him too for all the same reasons they love TH.

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/mel-kiper-points-out-the-one-thing-matt-corral-possesses-that-separates-him-from-2022-nfl-draft-class-ole-miss-rebels-lane-kiffin/

“Toughest quarterback you’ll ever find,” Kiper said. “If you look at him from 10, 15, 20 years ago, he wouldn’t look the part. He’s not 6-3, he’s not 215, 220 pounds. But tough as nails, high pain tolerance, he can really spin it. He’s a quarterback version of [215-pound former Steelers middle linebacker] Jack Lambert.”

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/mel-kiper-perfectly-describes-ole-miss-quarterback-matt-corral-ahead-of-the-2022-nfl-draft/

“Gritty competitor,” Kiper said of Corral. “He played through pain.  He played through injury.  Those guys love him.  He’s a warrior out there for Ole Miss. Ron Rivera will love that, the former linebacker that he is from the NFL and at Cal.

“You look at the frame, can he stay healthy is an issue. He can s

pin it. He can run.  He’s a dual-threat quarterback.  In terms of who is going to QB1 [in the 2022 NFL Draft], Matt Corral is certainly going to be in that mix.”

I'd bet I've probably posted more pro Corral propaganda than anyone on the board, starting from even before the 2021 draft.

I am very familar with Corral, he's my guy as for the draft for reasons i've explained too many times and i don't feel like doing it again tonight.

As far as personalities go, Corral might be more of a wild card than Pickett.   Matt Miller along with someone else (forgetting whom) said they heard Corral's persona can come off arrogant in an over the top way that might put some teams off.   Maybe that's hyperbole.  But sometimes the personaliy red flag stuff turns out to be true, sometimes it doesn't.   I've liked other things I've read about Corral as the kind of guy he is albeit he's had some issues including a fight in high school with Gretsky's son that required him to transfer schools.  But supposedly he's matured. 

I want to hear combine feedback before saying now that Rivera falls for Corral's personality.  It's possible.  But I don't think its slam dunk.

While Corral is my favorite QB in this class.  I'd say from watching their interviews, Pickett has the more charismatic personality.    Corral is certaintly tough, gritty and a baller.  His personality-interviews though to me might be a wildcard.  I am fascinated by two things related to Corral as to the combine.  A.  how fast he runs.  B,  How well do the interviews go?

• Thanks 1