Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't get the impression that they would overwhelm SF with a big offer for Jimmy G.  Just sounds like if everything else doesn't work they see him as a fallback that's better than Heinicke.

We got Breer multiple times saying it, Garafolo, Silver -- all national reporters who are pretty plugged in basically shouting that we are going to shoot hard and for the fences for the top QBs that hit market.  Got my fingers crossed that a QB like that does hit the market -- I am not too worried that they overpay. My main worry is even though they are willing to pay $500 for a big meal at name that high end restaurant but in the end that restaurant never opens for them to buy that meal. 

I pray you are correct regarding Jimmy G. Just not a fan.I would be happier with any FA

I am okay with them offering market value type deals comparable to what was offered for Stafford last year, It was not outrageous and quite frankly, better than what was accepted. 

12 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I mean thats a nice add on but as a football Head coach he is an old school and likely out of touch with modern football boomer who seems hell bent on playing an inefficient brand of football conductive to elite competitive play in the year of 2022. 

okay well after dealing with the likes of Spurrer, Zorm, Vinnie, and Bruce Allen etc... excuse me to being happy with a decent person lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

One of the biggest problems I have with Casserly's comment is that 5 year plans are never presented at least to our fans with clear year to year goals.

Year one always starts with the cliche "our goal is to win a super bowl" knowing we are gutting a roster that won like two games the previous season.  There's no "we plan to win x number of games by this year" or "we plan to have this level of production from our first round QB by this year".  

There's no metrics to hold them accountable to, and I get it, some of it is out of their control, but again, 5 year plans without metrics to gage progress comes across as needing 5 years to accomplish something which could mean anything. 

I wish someone would jus be straight with me and say "we are gutting a terrible roster, we are drafting a rookie QB, and we don't expect to be over .500 until year three".  Then I could say, "cool, let's revisit this conversation in three years then".

But no, we are sold get rich quick schemes every year that blow up on an annual basis, so no, 2 years or 5 years, we've lost patience with the BS more then anything else.  Without clear expectations and annual metrics to point to, yea, I lose patience because I become convinced there aren't any.

I would gladly debate a plan if I could confirm there was one, how many times have we come to realize there either wasn't one or was a bad one at best by deducing the rhetoric and results?

you're not supposed to give your gameplan to the enemy you know, and anything your fans know your opponents know.  Plus until relatively recently you didn't know that much about your future schedule.  Maybe in the 80s or early 90s your first year of your five year plan you finish 4-12 and then by virtue of a fifth place schedule in year two you are 8-8  but then in year three you backslide to 7-9 with a dramatically tougher schedule

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you're not supposed to give your gameplan to the enemy you know, and anything your fans know your opponents know.  Plus until relatively recently you didn't know that much about your future schedule.  Maybe in the 80s or early 90s your first year of your five year plan you finish 4-12 and then by virtue of a fifth place schedule in year two you are 8-8  but then in year three you backslide to 7-9 with a dramatically tougher schedule

I don't understand this post.

Are you suggesting our head coaches shouldn't give clear expectations to the fans because our rivals may use it against us?

Don't we have a losing record against all our division rivals this century anyway?

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Nothing? The guy wins a division in a year where he battled cancer and went through 4 QB's and you say he's done nothing to warrant getting a new deal? Year 2 he loses his starter in the 1st half of the 1st game and his defense doesn't show up for 7 weeks after they lose both of their stud pass rushers. Then the team gets crushed with COVID after a great 4 game winning streak that has them in position to make the playoffs again.

Not to mention all that RR has added to this organization in terms of class, respect and leadership. I want to win as much as anyone but lets not forget the **** storm RR walked into when he took this job. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a deal like Gruden got in Vegas....10 years.

Sorry I dont accept winning the worst division in history of american sport (it was until the last week of the season with the giants win) as any accomplishment 

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Seattle does not want to trade him it does not matter.

As the articles states if you read it, Seattle may be in a rebuild mode.  Getting a load of 1st rounders helps them accomplish that task.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Trying too.  Hope it works out.  He would win a lot of games for us and put us in the playoffs for the next 3-5 years.  

3-5 years? Don't think they are thinking that of a long term on the investment. It is more like 1-2 years with a SB win. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

3-5 years? Don't think they are thinking that of a long term on the investment. It is more like 1-2 years with a SB win. 

Well, you extend RW's contract which has 2 years left on it, I think it might be closer to 5 years.  JMO.  Again, getting to the playoffs during that 5-year time and hopefully winning a SB or 2.  Hopefully. :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

As the articles states if you read it, Seattle may be in a rebuild mode.  Getting a load of 1st rounders helps them accomplish that task.  

It does but they have a 70 year old coach the won 7 games in thw west I think they will rub it back.  If they do trade him many teams will offer 3 first and more. Eagles have 3 this year. Seattle won 7 games last year with injuries they will want one more run at it.

Edited by Redskins 2021

I mean, how fun would this be with McLauren:

Just like with Rodgers, the sacks are a choice. And the benefit is he’s one of the best deep shot QBs there is and clutch as hell. 

Edited by Conn

23 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Sorry I dont accept winning the worst division in history of american sport (it was until the last week of the season with the giants win) as any accomplishment 

It beats the crap out of coming last in the same division.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall so was Brunell or was he 34.  Regardless, there is one outlier in that group.  

Great catch.  He was 33 at the start of the season but turned 34 in early September.

Wilson is the outlier for his career so far, but that doesn't mean he will be good going forward.