Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

So do the Caps unfortunately :(

OT - Yep, Charlie needs to pull a SO and the Caps need 3.  Ouch.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Holy **** is there a story behind this vid???

Was it a mistake, did she do it on purpose, was he an old boyfriend that cheated on her years ago and she finally got her revenge?

That's a good backstory, I'm just going to assume it's correct 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Holy **** is there a story behind this vid???

Was it a mistake, did she do it on purpose, was he an old boyfriend that cheated on her years ago and she finally got her revenge?

I think it’s just a metaphor for when a man gets married 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

In regards to injury possibility specifically, while JD is the bigger injury risk, I feel much better going in that direction when the other guy is also a decent candidate to get his head taken off at the next level as well. Maye sux at protecting himself too and has seen his way to the blue tent all the same. Kinda helps mitigate that specific fear when its gonna be a problem regardless... if that makes sense.

Someone else posted something along these lines as well (just can't quite remember who) but Daniels just looks much different than Maye when he gets hit. With Maye it tends to be more of a defender dragging him to the ground. With Daniels it tends to be more a defender hitting him and Daniels flying a bit. Maybe it's a center of gravity thing? Maybe a combination of center of gravity, Jayden's slight frame, and his propensity for splaying out vs curling up when he gets hit. Either way, it's concerning.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

It never ceases to amaze me how people claim that every single yearly draft class is loaded at QB, only to watch 3 outta 4 high first rounders bust out spectacularly, almost every year.

I'm with @BatteredFanSyndrome, not one of these QBs seems like a generational prospect to me. They all have their warts. Personally, I'm hoping for anyone but Daniels, but then again I really dislike running QBs with a passion. Even before Bobart 3, I always viewed them as fools' gold. Good for regular season wins, but come playoff time...defenses almost always shut them down, plus there's the increased risk of injury.

That being said, I think Maye has a really high chance of busting out as a Commie due to wacky footwork, slow processing, and playing behind an OL that was destroyed by Ron, albeit slightly refurbished.

McCarthy seems like a game manager to me, not sure why a team would spend a premium pick on that.....

Caleb Williams may pan out, but he's gonna be gone.

I feel like Penix or Nix are gonna end up being the gems out of this class....

Oh well, I guess we'll see. Womp Womp.

Edited by SpacePenguin

Just now, mistertim said:

Someone else posted something along these lines as well (just can't quite remember who) but Daniels just looks much different than Maye when he gets hit. With Maye it tends to be more of a defender dragging him to the ground. With Daniels it tends to be more a defender hitting him and Daniels flying a bit. Maybe it's a center of gravity thing? Maybe a combination of center of gravity, Jayden's slight frame, and his propensity for splaying out vs curling up when he gets hit.

theyre going to get there worlds rocked at the nfl level. Nobody is built for the hits a qb is going to take if they regularly put themselves at risk.

You want to protect them and you want a guy thats going to protect himself, but you also want to chase that talent. so many variables

Can someone who says Maye has "slow processing" please explain exactly why you think so and give examples? It seems like something people are just sort of repeating, but processing also one of the hardest things to judge because we don't know the play call, we don't know the progression, we don't know exactly what the defense did post snap most of the time, and we don't know whether the OL completely whiffed on their assignments.

That goes for any prospect, not just Maye. Ludicrous processing speed was Brady's superpower. If it was so easy to recognize, he would have been taken much sooner. I don't think it's even possible to know a college prospect's true processing ability until after you see him take some NFL snaps.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Someone else posted something along these lines as well (just can't quite remember who) but Daniels just looks much different than Maye when he gets hit. With Maye it tends to be more of a defender dragging him to the ground. With Daniels it tends to be more a defender hitting him and Daniels flying a bit. Maybe it's a center of gravity thing? Maybe a combination of center of gravity, Jayden's slight frame, and his propensity for splaying out vs curling up when he gets hit. Either way, it's concerning.

You see more injuries with guys getting rolled up on than you do with guy being blasted out of the back of their own end zone from 29 yards out. So….there is hope?

Just now, Llevron said:

You see more injuries with guys getting rolled up on than you do with guy being blasted out of the back of their own end zone from 29 yards out. So….there is hope?

Yeah, possibly, but I think that also may have more to do with sample size than anything else. Way more QBs tend to stay in or around the pocket than ones that will be running 20 yards down the field, so it would make more sense for there to be more overall injuries in the pocket, just based on how many QBs tend to stay there. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

After all this I bet they go Maye anyway 

i think jayden, maye and jj are all long shots to be good nfl qbs

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

i think jayden, maye and jj are all long shots to be good nfl qbs

Funny how non-stop teardown sessions by warring factions will sour people on what's been evaluated to this point as a very strong class.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Too little too late for the Caps. All eyes now on Mr. Peters for Thursday!

They made it entertaining at the end but it’s likely over now.  I think they win at least one at home to avoid the sweep.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Funny how non-stop teardown sessions by warring factions will sour people on what's been evaluated to this point as a very strong class.

is it? im tired of strong class and cant miss. We keep missing in these situations

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

is it? im tired of strong class and cant miss. We keep missing in these situations

Depends, if there's no one's take you trust on it, then maybe not.  Common opinion of the folks who do it professionally is it is.

And what miss, we haven't shot in a decade plus?

5 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Depends, if there's no one's take you trust on it, then maybe not.  Common opinion of the folks who do it professionally is it is.

And what miss, we haven't shot in a decade plus?

it hasnt been that long image.jpeg.8f3da6ca8e34b57cb3768bac97a80c73.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dunfer said:

it hasnt been that long image.jpeg.8f3da6ca8e34b57cb3768bac97a80c73.jpeg

Thought we were in the QB thread?  Just being against taking lauded/high prospects at all, because they might bust, seems nuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1