Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I honestly believe it's going to be less of an issue for JD during his first few years in the NFL.   That's when his body will be the strongest and ability to heal quickly comes into play.  He's probably going to need to change his style of play later on in his career.   If he had a serious injury in college,  then I'd be more concerned he's heading the RG3 path......since RG3 actually had a major injury in college.   

Anthony Richardson is an insane physical specimen and is very young. He played 4 games and, while running, suffered both a concussion and a separated shoulder, which ended his season. He's also 35lbs bigger than Daniels.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Anthony Richardson is an insane physical specimen and is very young. He played 4 games and, while running, suffered both a concussion and a separated shoulder.

That doesn't have to translate to JD....he's a completely different person.   The power of positive thinking does go a long way.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

That doesn't have to translate to JD....he's a completely different person.   The power of positive thinking does go a long way.....

This post literally has zero meaning.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

According to who?  

Pretty much anyone.

"Daniels is a different person than another person"  -  Amazing insight

"I believe in the power of positive thinking"  -  Cool story bro, it means nothing

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The power of positive thinking does go a long way.....

Yeah, to delusion.

Trust me I was still a Rivera supporter until the bears game last year, I know what the symptoms look like.

😄

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Pretty much anyone.

"Daniels is a different person than another person"  -  Amazing insight

"I believe int he power of positive thinking"  -  Cool story bro, it means nothing

Then by that logic,  your post wouldn't be relevant either.   Injury for another player literally has no bearing on JD.  

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yeah, to delusion.

Trust me I was still a Rivera supporter until the bears game last year, I know what the symptoms look like.

😄

Hope is not delusion...   

Edited by srtman04
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, srtman04 said:

Then by that logic,  your post wouldn't be relevant either.   Injury for another player literally has not bearing on JD.  

Then there should be no rules on hits in the NFL. Because injury for one person has no bearing on injury for another, apparently.

Just now, mistertim said:

Then there should be no rules on hits in the NFL. Because injury for one person has no bearing on injury for another, apparently.

The subject was previous major injury,  not rules on hits in the NFL.  You are seriously grasping at straws here.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The subject was previous major injury,  not rules on hits in the NFL.  You are seriously grasping at straws here.  

No, the subject was a QB running (Richardson) and getting injured. You then said Daniels was a different person and that injury to one player has "no bearing" on another.

So by that logic, there should be no rules on hits in the NFL, because injury to one player has no bearing on another player.

This conversation hasn't been that long, it shouldn't be this difficult for you to follow your own train of thought.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No, the subject was a QB running (Richardson) and getting injured. You then said Daniels was a different person and that injury to one player has "no bearing" on another.

So by that logic, there should be no rules on hits in the NFL, because injury to one player has no bearing on another player.

This conversation hasn't been that long, it shouldn't be this difficult for you to follow your own train of thought.

*Yawn*,  are you done?   You can get off your soapbox now.   I respectfully disagree with your post, and we'll just leave it at that.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea -im willing to bet- vicious hits don't lead to injury nearly as often as being crunched up in the pocket and having your foot stuck under one guy and your body going the other direction. Those really are the dangerous ones. The rules help sure, but there is no rule about multiple 300 pound washing machines landing on you at the same time. But we all get the point - dude has to stay healthy and avoid contact when he can. 

Absolutely love that you copy and pasted the last sentence fragment from your previous post for emphasis, big fan :ols:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, srtman04 said:

*Yawn*,  are you done?   You can get off your soapbox now.

3 hours ago, srtman04 said:

I respectfully disagree with your post, and we'll just leave it at that.  

They teach interesting techniques on respectful disagreement where you’re from, I see. Slightly different curriculum, maybe. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

They teach interesting techniques on respectful disagreement where you’re from, I see. Slightly different curriculum, maybe. 

What does any of this bickering have to do with Jersey numbers?

😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Anthony Richardson is an insane physical specimen and is very young. He played 4 games and, while running, suffered both a concussion and a separated shoulder, which ended his season. He's also 35lbs bigger than Daniels.

Anthony also looks to use his size and initiate contact to get an extra yard or two while JD is a lot more elusive and doesn’t try to be some power back. He’s also a much better passer than Anthony and I doubt he will have to rely on his legs as much as Anthony does. 

10 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Anthony also looks to use his size and initiate contact to get an extra yard or two while JD is a lot more elusive and doesn’t try to be some power back. He’s also a much better passer than Anthony and I doubt he will have to rely on his legs as much as Anthony does. 

Daniels had a borderline historically high percentage of the time where he tucked and ran when pressured vs leaving the pocket and making an off platform throw. This is one of my biggest concerns about him at the next level. Hopefully they will coach that out of him.

If they can, and he changes that, then yes you have a point If not, and he continues down that path, I fear the worst.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 8:10 AM, redskinss said:

Apparently jayden and malik nabers have a ten thousand dollar bet on who will win rookie of the year.

Hopefully it doesn't break any serious nfl gambling rules.

I guess Nabers hasn't been told who the Giants QB is yet (and I LOVE Nabers, so pissed off he landed in NY). 

12 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I guess Nabers hasn't been told who the Giants QB is yet (and I LOVE Nabers, so pissed off he landed in NY). 

In his defense, it’s possible the Giants don’t know who the Giants’ QB is yet… 😁

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Out of the top 3 receivers, only one (MHJ) landed in an ideal situation. Nabers has to deal with the dumpster fire that is danny dimes and odunze is in a very crowded receiving room. Don't think I'd bother with either one in fantasy

I see OROY early on being a three-way race between Caleb, Jayden, and MHJ. But unless MHJ has a megatron level historic season it'll probably really come down to the two QBs by the end of the season

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves

On 5/9/2024 at 11:11 AM, mistertim said:

I was squarely in the Maye over Daniels camp during the draft process.  I'm worried about his ability to stay healthy.  That said, I don't think you can really compare Richardson and Daniels without significant qualifiers.

Richardson was willing to try to run over people (ala Cam Newton, Josh Allen).  I don't see that in Daniels.

In addition, many injuries are more tied to a players flexibility than their size.  It's entirely possible that Daniels may not be as susceptible to soft / connective tissue injuries.