Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I haven’t even mentioned McCarthy because to me him at #2 is about as likely as Chicago passing on Williams.

Maye is a slight favorite for me, solely based on everyone saying Daniels is a foregone conclusion.

So you like to do it like Sheehan bet against the herd.  I am not a betting man so I got no idea. 😎

But there is way too much smoke for me to ignore the Daniels stuff.  But reports-rumors can be wrong.  So anything to me is in play.  But if you asked me if I'd put money on Maye, I wouldn't put a dime on him.   Not that I don't think it can't be him but it feels risky to me let alone a betting favorite. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sinews said:

I know it seems utterly perverse to be hanging on at this point with all the info out but I honestly still think there's a solid chance Maye is the selection.

I'm not holding out or banking on it, just think the door isn't shut. 

For a team that is suppose to keep things hush hush there has been nothing but leaks from different pundits saying their sources have Daniels to Washington for several weeks now 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, I got a ton of flack for that post from people. My stance hasn’t changed, but I have come around on Maye. With his issue being footwork related, that is highly coachable. Of course, that doesn’t guarantee success. But, it increases the probability. 

When his mechanics are clean he looks phenomenal. He just breaks down mechanically and it really effects him.

Coachable issues have a higher increased chance of being corrected that physical issues. 

Yeah I bring it up because I recall your post was deep and layered as to his issues.  And it wasn't just his footwork with you.

There is enough smoke out there, that at a minimum this FO concerns with Maye run deeper than the other 2.   Whether they are right or wrong, will see. 

3 minutes ago, fanman8825 said:

For a team that is suppose to keep things hush hush there has been nothing but leaks from different pundits saying their sources have Daniels to Washington for several weeks now 

None of it though has been from the team.  Feels like most (not all) of the NFL personnell-coaching types prefer Daniels and they assume that will filter to Washington. 

Only thing that seems a leak from a team (will see if there is fire to the smoke) is Maye is out. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, fanman8825 said:

None of those “leaks” are from the team. Theyre people on the outside speculating.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I hope the media is just making more out of this than there is but I don't like how is this still a topic a day before the draft. Maye and JJM are super quite on that front and just basically seem to be happy to go wherever.

Edited by Panninho

I saw this morning that JDs odds of being selected at #2 went from -120 to -400. What does Vegas know? I will and always do get behind whomever the QB is for this team. If he can stay healthy and keep his mom out of the spotlight he will be a star. My wishes went from trade back to Maye, but I won't lose my **** over this pick like I did CY.

PS. Please don't forget about the oline.

Edited by tmandoug1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I bring it up because I recall your post was deep and layered as to his issues.  And it wasn't just his footwork with you.

There is enough smoke out there, that at a minimum this FO concerns with Maye run deeper than the other 2.   Whether they are right or wrong, will see. 

What I can't get out of my head about Maye is Kurt Warner (and others) talking about Maye's tendency to miss what Warner called "layups."  You can't miss the easy throws in the NFL.  Especially on third down.  I also can't get out of my head Maye playing poorly against inferior teams...in the ACC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I saw this morning that JDs odds of being selected at #2 went from -120 to -400. What does Vegas know? I will and always do get behind whomever the QB is for this team. If he can stay healthy and keep his mom out of the spotlight he will be a star. My wishes went from trade back to Maye but, I won't lose my **** over this pick like I did CY.

They know nothing. It's just a representation of where people have put their money. Do you find this surprising with all the reports out there? Everyone expects us to take JD. I am honestly a bit surprised the odds aren't favoring him more strongly.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

None of it though has been from the team.  Feels like most (not all) of the NFL personnell-coaching types prefer Daniels and they assume that will filter to Washington. 

Only thing that seems a leak from a team (will see if there is fire to the smoke) is Maye is out. 

Yes hoping that nothing from the team will provide some hope albeit slim that it’s not Daniels. My honest opinion is that Maye will be better than Daniels for the long haul. Daniels had a great year and is dynamic but I just see too much recklessness from the him with such a thin built.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

None of those “leaks” are from the team. Theyre people on the outside speculating.

I know and hoping albeit slim that the pick is not Daniels. Kinda getting prepared that it will be him

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tom Brady wanted to play for SF.

On and on. 

Players always have preferences, but it’s not always this public ahead of the draft. Is pretty annoying anyway we slice it. 

I’d be happy with JD, but I hope this isn’t a precursor to a new round of drama in DC

Edited by Tay
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I saw this morning that JDs odds of being selected at #2 went from -120 to -400. What does Vegas know?

Nothing.  Vegas betters just trying to put money on Daniels before they close the place down or it goes to like -1000.   It'll probably wobble a bit if some people want to get Maye/McCarthy bets in for the long shot but mostly people just piling on to the fave to try and get some money last minute.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Shame, I’ve got a great idea.

Is it trading up?

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Nothing.  Vegas betters just trying to put money on Daniels before they close the place down or it goes to like -1000.   It'll probably wobble a bit if some people want to get Maye/McCarthy bets in for the long shot but mostly people just piling on to the fave to try and get some money last minute.

Is it trading up?

I will definitely lose my **** if they trade up.....

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

When his mechanics are clean he looks phenomenal. He just breaks down mechanically and it really effects him.

Believe it or not Daniels has this exact same issue. He airmailed plenty of balls when pushed off his base in the pocket. He definitely maintains his mechanics better than Maye right now though. The dude lacks no confidence. I will give him that:

• Haha 2

Adam Peters called me last night and asked me to address the front office and scouts this morning at Commanders Park.

Here's the unclassified version of what I said...

XXXXXXXXXX

Peters: "Tennnn- hut!! Commander Rye, in the warroom!"

Commander Rye: "At ease gentleman, as you were, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

I don't have to remind you that we go to battle tomorrow, and for some of you it willbe your first time facing the enemy in combat.

Today I want you to maintain your discipline, do all the little things, see that your wills are signed if you haven't already, write your letters to wives and loved ones, see your clergyman of choice, get your mind right, deal with all the extraneous stuff today, so that you can give your full attention to tomorrow-- to what we must do tomorrow.

The simple routines bring us comfort in times of stress.

So spend some time reflecting on what brought you here, stoke that fire burning deep inside your soul and prepare yourself, mentally, physically, and spiritually, for what comes next.

Tommorrow, shortly after 8pm we hit the draft-- it's D-day and they will be firing live rounds at us for the first time.

This is not another simulated training exercise or a mock draft that you can erase and try again, if you don't like the result.

This one's for keeps and there will be sacrifices along the way.

D-day approaches, but have no fear. Remember your training. Don't let down your brothers. Each man must prepare himself in his own way.

We will storm the beach together, gain a foothold together, and push forward beyond that-- together!

Many along the way shall fall, but in our ultimate success the fallen gain immortality-- the survivors write history and we shall never forget their sacrifice.

To victory!"

EDIT:

Commander Rye to Adam Peters: "Uhm, Mr Peters, I done the speech and all like you asked. Do I get my ice cold Colt 45 now? It's the beverage thatgets you there fast you know and I needs a taste you see my throat is kinda dry."

Peters: Are you sure you don't want the thousand dollar check?

Commander Rye: Uh uh. Last guy what owned the place bounced checks left and right. Heard he ran off to new England too.

Peters: OK then we'll deliver $1,000 worth of Colt .45 in cans as requested to your trailer by 12 noon today. Fair enough?

Commander Rye: Much obliged. Now I can sit back and really enjoy the draft.

"I will see you on the beach."

Saving Private Ryan

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I hope the media is just making more out of this than there is but I don't like how is this still a topic a day before the draft. Maye and JJM are super quite on that front and just basically seem to be happy to go wherever.

Just take JJ or Maye. This guy clearly would prefer not to be here. How many times did Caleb have to say he was okay going to Chicago. Once by my recollection and it never came up again, seems like JD is clearly trying to put out smoke he’d rather not be here without coming across like a total diva. 

• Like 1