Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Someone can correct me if I'm misremembering, but the Keim clip I heard was answering a hypothetical: if for whatever reason Washington doesn't/wouldn't take JD, who would the pick be? And Keim said he "wouldn't be surprised" if it was JJ over Maye. The wording was ambiguous but "wouldn't be surprised" was the extent of it that I heard.

Of course, we can connect the dots but I don't think Keim was saying that reflects the team's actual draft board. 

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

My guess is :

Chi- Williams

Wash- Daniels

NE- Maye

Arz- MHJ

Minni- JJ

That top 5 is pretty much a lock at this point. But there are reports coming out that the Pats are now putting #3 up for sale.

• Thumb up 1

I wonder at what point the physical tools & abilities hit the threshold of "good enough" and then the mental/intangible stuff takes over. Like, at what point does marginal improvement in physical traits become less compelling than meaningful jumps in leadership & intangibles? Or is that not the right way to look at it? 

Keim knows nothing and has reported nothing.

Whispers and rumors are NOT reporting.

Just like everyone during silly season, he has to put content out.  It's not a knock against him.

The only knock that doesn't even count is his OBVIOUS Ohio State fandom clouds his judgement, but other than that Keim is basically royalty in Washington.

Just dont ask him to give an honest assessment about Ohio State players or Michigan players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, illone said:

Keim knows nothing and has reported nothing.

Whispers and rumors are NOT reporting.

Just like everyone during silly season, he has to put content out.  It's not a knock against him.

The only knock that doesn't even count is his OBVIOUS Ohio State fandom clouds his judgement, but other than that Keim is basically royalty in Washington.

Just dont ask him to give an honest assessment about Ohio State players or Michigan players.

Agreed. Keim is a solid and respected reporter but its all just guessing by him like every other reporter right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

You bought the Beta didn't you?

The beta format was notably superior in every way and remained the standard for pro use for decades after it left the consumer sector. But marketing rules the day in consumer electronic and Panasonic/JVC/Matsu****a sold rights to VHS to manufacturers for next to nothing whereas Sony vote to try to keep beta manufacturing much more to themselves as the higher quality offering ( a strategy that had worked very well for them in radios and especially tvs, especially with their "Trinitron" models of the day. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓😛

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The beta format was notably superior in every way and remained the standard for pro use for decades after it left the consumer sector. But marketing rules the day in consumer electronic and Panasonic/JVC/Matsu****a sold rights to VHS to manufacturers for next to nothing whereas Sony vote to try to keep beta manufacturing much more to themselves as the higher quality offering ( a strategy that had worked very well for them in radios and especially tvs, especially with their "Trinitron" models of the day. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓😛

Everytime I complained about having to drive across town to the ONLY video rental place that had Beta, I got to experience a mini-lecture from my father about Beta superiority, and Sony's folly.... I think he might have been in some weird Beta cult....

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I wonder at what point the physical tools & abilities hit the threshold of "good enough" and then the mental/intangible stuff takes over. Like, at what point does marginal improvement in physical traits become less compelling than meaningful jumps in leadership & intangibles? Or is that not the right way to look at it? 

I think your on the right track, at least for QB. Being great requires such high level thinking. You could have the best bod in the world but that only gets you so far in the NFL.

Uber physical traits are still great and desired, but only if they come with other intangibles as well. Your not taking an Anthony Richardson when a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young is available, only in their absence.

Now every other position? U can get the big dumb guy and turn out OK if he is a physical specimen.

Gronk Smash

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

They must have Doug Williams bound, gagged and locked in a safe house untill the pick is in. Otherwise he would have splilled the beans by now. That is if he is still in the loop. Anyone know what is up with Doug?

There is not a chance in the world Peters told Doug who the pick is lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

They must have Doug Williams bound, gagged and locked in a safe house untill the pick is in. Otherwise he would have splilled the beans by now. That is if he is still in the loop. Anyone know what is up with Doug?

Peters did thank Doug in his press conference but my guess is he has no real job or responsibilities but is just a face for alumni and good will/PR. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think your on the right track, at least for QB. Being great requires such high level thinking. You could have the best bod in the world but that only gets you so far in the NFL.

Uber physical traits are still great and desired, but only if they come with other intangibles as well. Your not taking an Anthony Richardson when a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young is available, only in their absence.

Now every other position? U can get the big dumb guy and turn out OK if he is a physical specimen.

Gronk Smash

This lens is why I started coming around on McCarthy. Sure Maye and Daniels are more physically talented, perhaps even significantly so. But if McCarthy is good enough, and he's far better at the mental stuff... does that end up winning the day? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This lens is why I started coming around on McCarthy. Sure Maye and Daniels are more physically talented, perhaps even significantly so. But if McCarthy is good enough, and he's far better at the mental stuff... does that end up winning the day? 

That's a question better suited for someone who studied him.

I watched zero film on the guy to know if he meets the baseline.

I don't even know what the "JJ" stands for. 

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Oh you smashed it did you? Well, good news, as I think we all smashed the Wentz argument, or most anyway, except for the people that mattered :(.

As for Lamar, we just disagree, and you are going to throw out #'s that don't agree w/what you saw on the tape, and his admittedly alarming, at best accuracy #'s, otoh, the adot # posted above is nuts and would explain some of it, possibly most (an adot that high is naturally going to result in poor completion #'s). 

But we are as far apart as two people could be on this topic, so further discussion is pointless. 

I read this post three times. I’m still not sure what it says.

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That's a question better suited for someone who studied him.

I watched zero film on the guy to know if he meets the baseline.

I don't even know what the "JJ" stands for. 

It’s a name. C’mon man, keep up.

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This is the glaring blind spot for “armchair GMs”. We don’t get to see or hear the interview process. We’re not privy to the top golf alpha test results. 

We’re basically flying blind on one of the most important elements of the eval. 

DQ and GMAP have both made some interesting comments on this, but again, hard to tell exactly what is valued and how heavily it’s valued. 

I can easily deduce that JJ will win the day based on the leadership and intangibles but I have no clue what the actual grade is. 

Hopefully Keim and others will ask great questions during the post draft presser so we can learn more about this groups process.  Until then it’s dart throwing with one arm behind the back, 7 shots of everclear, and a bird box blindfold. 

• Like 2

Jeramiah was just on "Path to the Draft" breaking down some of the negative things we all saw on tape with Daniels. He did however say everything he struggles with is easily correctable at the next level. He still has Maye ranked higher. But from what he is hearing Daniels is most likely the pick for us. 

• Thanks 3

Apparently there is "league-wide consensus" that Daniels is the QB2 of this draft. I put that in quotes because nobody professes to know whether Peters agrees with that "consensus". But there you have it. That's the most we're going to get until likely Thursday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, illone said:

This is the glaring blind spot for “armchair GMs”. We don’t get to see or hear the interview process. We’re not privy to the top golf alpha test results. 

We’re basically flying blind on one of the most important elements of the eval. 

DQ and GMAP have both made some interesting comments on this, but again, hard to tell exactly what is valued and how heavily it’s valued. 

I can easily deduce that JJ will win the day based on the leadership and intangibles but I have no clue what the actual grade is. 

Hopefully Keim and others will ask great questions during the post draft presser so we can learn more about this groups process.  Until then it’s dart throwing with one arm behind the back, 7 shots of everclear, and a bird box blindfold. 

We dont have their medicals either. Which is another huge factor. Especially when you are talking about a 1st rounder and the money that comes with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1