Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Standig got that from Breer:

Peters has likely told his contingent to not use Caleb’s name and to refer to him as Eli or Elway at all times when interacting with Eli/Elway and his team. 

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Peters has likely told his contingent to not use Caleb’s name and to refer to him as Eli or Elway at all times when interacting with Eli/Elway and his team. 

Just get hold of his medical records, review them, then ****ing trade up and be done with it :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

This thread peaked on page 1991. It's rough from here on out.

Don't get your hopes up on page 2012. Something tells me this is all very familiar.

Very clever :cheers:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOLA2DC said:

Isn't that the element the hardest to predict? Mr Money man himself adds:

Good point.

What I found most interesting was  Warner's belief that despite the countless hours he's spent analyzing the all 22 film of Maye, and Daniels, they're still so close that he can't choose between them.

He needs to first be in a room with each of them independently; so that he can use video and the white board, to interrogate them about their thinking process on individual plays, before he can make a decision.

My bigger rhetorical question is:

If someone with Warner's experience, expertise, and knowledge, can't decide which qb he prefers, without first meeting with each of them, how can the talking heads on TV, or for that matter, any of us, make a conclusive determination with any confidence that we're correct?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good point.

What I found most interesting was  Warner's belief that despite the countless hours he's spent analyzing the all 22 film of Maye, and Daniels, they're still so close that he can't choose between them.

He needs to be in a room with each of them independently; so that he can interrogate them about their thinking process on individual plays, using video and the white board, before he can make a decision.

If someone with Warner's experience, expertise, and knowledge, can't decide which qb he prefers, without first meeting with each of them, how can the talking heads on TV, or for that matter, any of us, make a conclusive determination with any confidence that we're correct?

They can't. Nobody can. Its all theatrics generated for content to satisfy the post Super Bowl lull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

It's weird seeing Ernie and Chuck talk (and act like they give a ****) about football

Ernie is actually a pretty big Georgia Bulldogs fan and I'd venture he knows quite a bit about the college game(I mean relative to most fans, I'm not saying he's an expert or anything).

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

You're a clever one too!

The original post I took literally and missed the historic reference but your response made me look at it again.

Well done, you both earned two vigorously thrusted fists!!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

Don't get your hopes up on page 2012. Something tells me this is all very familiar.

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Oh, I just got it 😁👍

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

The 80's were great! The 90's for me was okay. College gets tough after 2 years. Let's see what the year 2000+ holds.

These pages so similar to the years I went through. :806:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Arrogance

edit: Except in my case. It’s Maye over Daniels and in the end, it’s not close.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

He needs to first be in a room with each of them independently; so that he can use video and the white board, to interrogate them about their thinking process on individual plays, before he can make a decision.

except for... just because you play QB does not mean you can pick a QB.. completely different skills sets. Look at Elways history

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

People on TV:

dollar-bills-that-is-correct.gif

Any of us:

image.gif.6323897b23f5c726dba0588ea41ec9f7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Very easily if you decide that Warner doesn't know what he's talking about. Gives you free reign to assume you know better. 

Which can be a fair argument I guess. Not one I would make. But being fair, I have to point out that just because he did it back in his day, that doesn't mean he can see what it takes for someone to do it now. 

4 minutes ago, oraphus said:

except for... just because you play QB does not mean you can pick a QB.. completely different skills sets. Look at Elways history

And to take it a bit further (and I’ll get blasted by some with this opinion) Kurt Warner (while I really love his story of never giving up, persevering and what he stands up for on his personal life) I still can’t help think and remember this is a guy who when he was with the Giants was truly a bum pretty much a nothing QB played in 10gms throwing 6TD 4 INTS…. Before Eli took the reins 

while all that is great for him and he definitely made the most of his opportunities the dude was pretty much Kirk Cousins before Kirk Cousins and Warner thrived off of having the greatest show on turf with HOF’s all around at his disposal and then in Arizona was surrounded by 2 great WR’s as well in Bolden and Fitzgerald.  Not his fault at all but it definitely made him who he was, and for me as you stated just because he played the QB at a high role, doesn’t make his opinion any greater …. As a wise man once said, some people just talk cause they have lips and Warner and all these guys on all these networks just talk cause they have the platform…. His opinion is no greater or weaker then a nobody we’ve never heard of on X or YouTube … he just has a way bigger following and a lot more Cred

I highly highly doubt that any of these GM’s (I hope Peters isn’t) are taking advice from any of these Network guys even if they were former players…. I’m sure Peters and his staff of scouts have and are doing their own assessments

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Conn said:

Odds are meant to entice bettors and rake in money so the books win no matter what happens—they are not trying to predict the future or be “correct” in outcome. Just make money and entice bets on both sides. Sometimes people forget that. 

But they're also not idiots.

They have to balance what they think will happen versus:

Amount of Sharp $$$ on one side of the ledger

Amount of overall money $$$ ledger.

It's weird as hell though, -190, I heard someone mention it changed after the Mariota signing, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's a little alarming, but let me add, when the US Women's world cup odds were posted and didn't move from around +260 to +275 in early '23, I jumped all over Germany (+450), Spain (+650) and England to a lesser degree (+350). People in the know, actually paying attention to womens soccer knew there was next to zero chance the US women would win the world cup '23, the problem was figuring out who probably would win amongst the European powers (England, Germany, France, Spain etc). If you're wondering how we knew, those of us who figured it out, it was simply watching, it became patently obvious watching the team perform after the post covid restart in particular in '21, the team was horrible, particularly in the attack, the coach was hopeless, and it was obvious, and yet Vegas never figured that out, probably because so much dumb money was coming in on the US, sharps couldn't tilt it. Even with big bets. The least surprising sporting result to me this decade was the women humiliating themselves at the WC, not only were they horrible the entirety of the '23 cycle after the covid restart including the olympics, they were also missing several elite starters that would have been huge assets due to injury like Maccario, and Swanson to name just two, plus retirements on top. 

So maybe Vegas is clueless, but considering this isn't as boutiquey as Womens Soccer, I do worry a little that they have some inside info, the only think that assuages those fears is the fact that the line appeared to move in timing with Mariota, which is, well, silly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

image.gif.fba7f7a9cc9dd531d5434bcd8feb0ae3.gif

Pretty simple, I would have preferred the Eagles playing the Niners in the NFC Championship game in '88, and '89 over the boring bears and hopeless rams, and a Broncos-Vikes superbowl over the trashpit Falcons-Broncos one would have been way better too. But 1990? Hell yeah, loved the revenge for the Body Bag Game (which for me, was always the, "Holly ----, Brian Mitchell can do everything! game). 

• Like 2