Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

As to reason #500 as to the power of a rookie QB contract

How does Miami sign Tua to a huge deal given his history of concussions? He's one more concussion away from being retired. Buyer beware. 

• Thumb up 3

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye will likely run a similar if not faster 40 while being bigger, stronger, and a year younger. 

Only problem the big 3 opted not to put their gym shorts on at the combine.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Maybe. We will see. 

No chance Penix goes in the first. Age, massive injury history and how he crapped the bed when he faced a good defense that was able to beat his top notch OL. He's maybe a 2nd rounder at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That is Sean Payton's next QB right there. Just a perfect fit for him.

Definitely be a top-10 pick if it wasn't for the injuries. I don't think he makes it out of the first. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No chance Penix goes in the first. Age, massive injury history and how he crapped the bed when he faced a good defense that was able to beat his top notch OL. He's maybe a 2nd rounder at this point.

How did he crap the bed when they went undefeated in the Pac-10 (which had several top-25 teams) and made it to the championship game after beating Texas? I think he has value as a mid to late round pick.

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Definitely be a top-10 pick if it wasn't for the injuries. I don't think he makes it out of the first. 

I wouldnt take him in the first. But this league is so QB starved that it wouldnt surprise me either. Even that vid above you can see how he favors his right leg. It amazes me how much power he can throw with without being able to shift all of his body weight onto that front leg. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

How did he crap the bed when they went undefeated in the Pac-10 (which had several top-25 teams) and made it to the championship game after beating Texas? I think he has value as a mid to late round pick.

Did you see the championship game? He finally face a defensive front that was able to get pressure on him and he folded like a lawn chair. I remember seeing a graphic about the insanely low number of pressures he'd face this past season. He's fool's gold.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think Penix's draft position depends very much on what the medical exams at the combine show. 

Still think it's weird that DC Williams is apparently the first prospect ever to attend the combine but refuse to do medical exams there.

I do think it's very likely 6 QBs go in first, if teams aren't completely freaked out by whatever Penix medicals show. Once the top 3 go, the usual FOMO will kick in for teams that don't have a settled QB situation. Wouldn't be surprised to see Giants take QB at 6, no matter how much they owe Jones, and that would really set off some fireworks with teams trying to move up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As to reason #500 as to the power of a rookie QB contract

That Pats reporter isn't the only one who has said the Pats are likely staying at #3 and taking a QB.

I know that gets in the way of the national media's entertainment.  Boring if the top 3 picks stay pat.  But i think the boring thing will happen albeit the national media will come up with various amusing scenarios for teams to trade down, up etc for the next two months.

Its draft season.  They need topics to discusss. 

But will see.  If I were the Pats I'd stay pat. 

Baker getting 40! What's Kirk getting? 

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Giants take QB at 6

I would. They dont have a single weapon on that team. And they are stuck with Jones this year regardless. I think they go Nabers of he is there. Which sucks for us. 

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But if you do not have a QB? It only helps if he does go in the first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network he has heard that the Commanders and Patriots are already receiving calls from teams who want to trade up for a QB. 

Yeah, obviously they’re getting the calls. They just won’t be doing it imo. Not much of a report to say teams are inquiring 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would. They dont have a single weapon on that team. And they are stuck with Jones this year regardless. I think they go Nabers of he is there. Which sucks for us. 

I agree they have nothing at WR at the moment, or OT. kind of bare there too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I can see a scenario where the Bears trade Fields and their #9 to NE for #3 overall and then they take MHJ. NE then either takes the best WR they can get or they trade back for more picks with someone like LV or Denver and they pick up more picks. Bears come out of the draft with Caleb Williams and MHJ to pair with DJ Moore. Seems like a great deal for both teams if you believe Fields can be a solid NFL QB.

Fields is not pulling 9 to 3 value lol, he’s worth a high 3rd probably, late 2nd and conditional future pick maybe 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Fields is not pulling 9 to 3 value lol, he’s worth a high 3rd probably, late 2nd and conditional future pick maybe 

I agree. You could have a very real argument that Howell is a better prospect at this point. Fields has never had anything close to the season passing Howell just had. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Did you see the championship game? He finally face a defensive front that was able to get pressure on him and he folded like a lawn chair. I remember seeing a graphic about the insanely low number of pressures he'd face this past season. He's fool's gold.

So the PAC10 wasn't one of the top conferences this year? They lost to the national champion, and that's your conclusion. You can't be serious. His injury history is the main concern but he throws one of the best balls in this current class. 

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think you’re going to be surprised. 

I think that’s what he’s with but I think he’s going to fetch more. 

4 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

So the PAC10 wasn't one of the top conferences this year? They lost to the national champion, and that's your conclusion. You can't be serious. His injury history is the main concern but he throws one of the best balls in this current class. 

He throws one of the best balls when he has no pressure on him. He had a dominant OL that won the Moore award this past season for the best OL in the nation. He was protected incredibly well all year. Then he gets to the championship game and Michigan was able to get consistent pressure on him and he couldn't handle it and laid an egg.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I agree they have nothing at WR at the moment, or OT. kind of bare there too.

Plus Barkley is gone now as well. If we lose to that mess next year I might literally throw my remote through my TV screen. They have nothing.