Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

47 minutes ago, seamonster said:

Not a fan of Jayden Daniels. At all. Weak arm. Slender frame. Takes terrible hits and doesn't protect himself. Bails on clean pockets to run and take those terrible hits. I can't see him surviving in the NFL but he's the type of QB a SanFran exec typically gets steamed up for. Caleb Williams is a unicorn and is going to Chicago and they'd have give up too much draft capital to trade up... Drake Maye doesn't impress me either. Reminds me of a  poor-mans CJ Stroud that might scramble more. This almost feels like a situation where you could trade back, pick up more draft picks, grab a QB (Penix, Mcarthy) and patch the nine thousand holes they've got in the roster.

Well played.

Nice juicy bait.

Now sit back, kick up your heels, drink a Bud and see how many you can land.

image.png.0aa6c63486c51ea89e4e7b58a195c4b3.png

• Haha 8

That ESPN article is going to go a LONG way for Caleb Williams' PR and marketing in the positive direction after months of nit-picking a foregone concluded #1 pick in the draft. Actually confirms a lot of what was said about him from teammates, coaches, etc who have worked with him. He ain't falling past #1.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I would consider it, look at the Bears with 2 1's this year. Having 2 1's and 2 2's 3 years in a row? 

There are no Williams or Maye's in next year's draft class. You take that into account.

Look at how much we paid to move up for RG3.

Its about opportunity cost. If you want me to give up a blue chip QB, you better pay everything you got.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mistertim said:

lolwut?

This is a......take, I'll give you that.

Have you sat down and really watched McCarthy, his pocket awareness is amazing, he is an escape artist while being rushed, and is great throwing on the move, second best in the class behind Williams. Him and Caleb have a lot of the same traits.

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Maybe, but if it worked out another way who cares? It's a crap shoot with all the QB's and Carolina looks like the newest fools right now. While the Bears look like the smart people at this point.  I am not tied to the no.2 QB has to be the pick as been stated many times. Whatever they do is what we are going to live with, just hope it's right. I know what order I want but that's it. 

I don't care if it worked out another way but we've tried it so many times the way you are advocating and failed that why should I bank on it working this time?   

As Dane Brugler said recently its wild that this team (implying as bad as it was) only took one QB in the top 10 in the last 30 years. 

Why haven't this team picked more?  Combination of having a young Qb in the fold and they didn't want to give up on yet and not picking high enough to get one, or its a bad draft for QBs.

Drafting high increases your odds.  Drafting high in a good QB draft increases your odds even futher.  Punting to another season where the perception is the class isn't as good and you likely aren't picking as high -- that would be old school Redskins-Commanders.  It would be going on that same old road and hoping for a better outcome. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Have you sat down and really watched McCarthy, his pocket awareness is amazing, he is an escape artist while being rushed, and is great throwing on the move, second best in the class behind Williams. Him and Caleb have a lot of the same traits.

I’d take him over Maye personally. Just not at #2.

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

But he's not flashy, Mac. The Football Fans have united to say Williams, Maye and Daniels are the best. If it's not them, is this team even trying to win? Duh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Yes I've watched several of his games. The only thing he has in common with Caleb Williams is that they both play QB and they're both Homo sapiens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I wonder if ATL are going to give up the #8 pick for Fields ? 

CHI get the #8 pick

ATL get Fields and a future pick.

Thats way too much for Fields IMO. I'd think. 2nd and future conditional pick (another 2nd) seems more like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

One could argue JJ McCarthy and/or Bo Nix are dark horse candidates to not suck. I wouldn't be opposed to either.

Sure, but there's a difference between saying JJ McCarthy could end up a good NFL QB and saying that he's like Caleb Williams.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Thats way too much for Fields IMO. I'd think. 2nd and future conditional pick (another 2nd) seems more like it.

I’d agree. I just wonder if ATL are really pushing hard that the Bears ask for #8 but give back a 2025 3rd for example.

That way CHI end up with 3 picks in the top 9 this year.

• Like 1

I mean any of the 2nd three could be franchise dudes.

JJ looks good but was tasked with doing honestly not that much.  I won't go as far to say he got carried, he didn't, but he also didn't carry.  You're betting on the good from his smallish sample size being the norm going forward.

With Nix, you're hoping he can evolve from easier college stuff to harder pro stuff.  He's prolific at the former.  Does that translate?

With Penix he's kinda like Jayden Daniels but a little worse in age (6 years in college) and injury history.  So if those are problems for Jayden double that for Penix.

But who knows.  Any of those dudes could ball out.  They're all worth the 32nd pick or better.

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I’d agree. I just wonder if ATL are really pushing hard that the Bears ask for #8 but give back a 2025 3rd for example.

That way CHI end up with 3 picks in the top 9 this year.

Wait...whut?

A 2025 3rd and Fields for #8?

.......What?