Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I actually think Justin Fields is a pretty good comp to Jayden Daniels - as a passer.  

As a runner, I would still compare him to RGIII. 

People are just pulling names out of the air now. One of the biggest knocks/issues with Justin Fields was his elongated throwing motion and floppy arm. It was absolutely terrible and would always telegraph where he was going with the ball. Fields best season he also passed for 1500 yards less than Daniels. 

As Orlovsky poined out, Daniels has a tight and quick release. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

People are just pulling names out of the air now. One of the biggest knocks/issues with Justin Fields was his elongated throwing motion and floppy arm. It was absolutely terrible and would always telegraph where he was going with the ball. Fields best season he also passed for 1500 yards less than Daniels. 

I wasn’t referring to their mechanics.

I was referring to their hesitance throwing to the middle of the field in tight coverage, their accuracy throwing downfield to the sidelines (the width of the college field helps both players here), and their tendency to put their heads down and run if their first read isn’t open. They also both appear to have a nervous energy in the pocket IMO, which makes it tough for them to make those subtle movements that are necessary to buy extra time within the pocket in order to extend plays and find their 2nd/3rd reads. 

Btw, it was a ~500 yard difference in their best seasons. Fields threw for ~3,300 yards with 41 TDs and 3 INTs, and Daniels threw for ~3,800 yards with 40 TDs and 4 INTs. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont get why people propose these ludicrous trade offers that no team would ever make. Im fine with thinking about trading but at least be realistic and in the realm of logic and reason.

Mike Ditka would like a word with you..

image.png.a40ea080ce1fdbbbdb69a9d2dad2b525.png

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wasn’t referring to their mechanics.

I was referring to their hesitance throwing to the middle of the field in tight coverage, their accuracy throwing downfield to the sidelines (the width of the college field helps both players here), and their tendency to put their heads down and run if their first read isn’t open. They also both appear to have a nervous energy in the pocket IMO, which makes it tough for them to make those subtle movements that are necessary to buy extra time within the pocket in order to extend plays and find their 2nd/3rd reads. 

Btw, it was a ~500 yard difference in their best seasons. Fields threw for ~3,300 yards with 41 TDs and 3 INTs, and Daniels threw for ~3,800 yards with 40 TDs and 4 INTs. 

Yeah I don't see the similarities at all. 

Also I have been looking up interviews with some of the QBs 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

thank God none of us are making the pick. Or the blogger boys who watch all-22 or the "scouts" on twitter, who never bring up how wrong they have been in the past.

Such a crapshoot. 

The best strategy might be calling Danny boy on his yacht and asking what he would do, then do the opposite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You're going to be cool, if we pick Maye and not Daniels, right?  :)  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

LOL, I'll go with verified metrics and analytics on Daniels accuracy and deep ball. 

First it was Devante Adams and Maxx Crosby saying they want him on the Raiders, now Atlanta Braves players lobbying for him

If pro athletes could scout other pro athletes better than the personnel executives and scouting departments paid to do it, they would. Davante Adams and Max Crosby aren’t qualified to make that decision for a reason. Stud pro players hype up bust college players every single year. It’s good social media fodder, that’s it 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

If pro athletes could scout other pro athletes better than the personnel executives and scouting departments paid to do it, they would. Davante Adams and Max Crosby aren’t qualified to make that decision for a reason. Stud pro players hype up bust college players every single year. It’s good social media fodder, that’s it 

What? Nobody said they were scouts, but theres been tons of smoke about Atlanta and Vegas wanting to trade up for a QB. Crosby and Adams was after their new head coach Antonio Pierce liked a bunch of posts about trading up for Daniels. 

Thats why there are a bunch of Raiders flags in the comments here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2bQTKrxDgK/?igsh=MWp5dHNpOWcxMjd6bg==

One thing about trading, it takes two.

If Chicago trades Fields, then they are taking who they feel is the best qb. So, no one can trade up to #1.

If we feel the 2nd or 3rd qb left is our QB, then we aren’t trading down.

If the Pats are sold on the 3rd best qb, they aren’t trading down.

So those teams further down and needing qbs, likely won’t be able to trade up for the first tier of qbs and will have to settle for second tier.   For someone to else to get into the top 3, either Chicago keeps Fields or Wsh or NE don’t have the other 3 qbs as their qb.  Possible, yes.  Seems unlikely though.

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I find this so fascinating considering his relationship with RG3, but Gruden said he loves Daniels and prefers him to Maye

I don't think it's here nor there. Gruden's issue with Robert seems mostly that Robert was a complete headcase. There aren't any of those character-related red flags for Daniels (or Maye), at least to the extent the public is aware. They both seem like high character, committed guys.

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

What? Nobody said they were scouts, but theres been tons of smoke about Atlanta and Vegas wanting to trade up for a QB. Crosby and Adams was after their new head coach Antonio Pierce liked a bunch of posts about trading up for Daniels. 

Thats why there are a bunch of Raiders flags in the comments here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2bQTKrxDgK/?igsh=MWp5dHNpOWcxMjd6bg==

Makes sense. If you knew you had zero shot at qb 1 and 2 who would you target?

26 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't think it's here nor there. Gruden's issue with Robert seems mostly that Robert was a complete headcase. There aren't any of those character-related red flags for Daniels (or Maye), at least to the extent the public is aware. They both seem like high character, committed guys.

I guess I am confused because I thought the issue was about wanting to turn RG3 into more of a pocket passer but there has been so much back and forth that I could be totally mixed up. 

8 hours ago, Number 44 said:

This phrase made me chuckle.  🙂

There are mocks made by people with contacts in the league, and mocks made by rando's on the net, and a huge gap between them (and yep, somtimes the random yokel may be more accurate, but that's 1 random yokel out of a gazillion). 

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I guess I am confused because I thought the issue was about wanting to turn RG3 into more of a pocket passer but there has been so much back and forth that I could be totally mixed up. 

The issue he had with RG3 was he couldn't read a defense and held the ball to long which resulted in sacks..Cousin's came in and the offense operated like it was supposed to due to Cousins making quicker reads and getting rid of the ball..had nothing to due with RG3 running.

• Like 2